View Single Post
Old 05-16-2002, 12:07 PM   #38
lyonsd
Registered Member

Default Re: Lets talk about import vs. domestic

Quote:
Originally posted by Makaveli
You guys use terms like "ricers" and "rice rockets" to describe imports, which is not only stupid, but also racist.
Gee, your first post and you're playing the race card. I'll bet if you were old enough you'd havve voted for Algore.

Quote:
So Mustangs are pretty fast stock, right? Well not fast, lets say quick. So what?? It takes no skill what-so-ever to buy a car and drive it stock.
You're right. Some people have no skills. And some people with no skills still want a fast car. So if you had no skills and wanted to go fast, would you by a Mustang or a 4-cylinder car with wrong-wheel drive? I guess that all depends on how dumb you are.

Quote:
Some people would much rather take an ordinary car, fast or not, and modify it to be fast and look good.
Some people would much rather take a fast car that already looks good and keep it bone stock.

Quote:
Maybe you guys think your better than import drivers because you spend a few grand buying a fast car, but anyone can do that.
We don't think were better, but we know we're quicker.

Quote:
It takes skill and money to swap an engine, or install a tubro kit. It takes our own time and sweat to mold and fit body kits and put performance parts on. My grandma can go out and buy a Mustang, I don't think she could modify an import though.
Your grandma has no skills that you're talking about. Since she has no skills, buying a Mustang would be the smart thing to do.

Why pay for a car and it's engine and then buy a whole new engine? That's just plain stupid. You buy something like a Civic and a completely new engine on top of that. You drop that new engine in and still get beat by a stock Mustang. That's really, really stupid. But if you like throwing money away, that's your right. I'll bet your one of those people who likes to tell the rich how to spend their money.

Quote:
I KNOW that my import will beat an stock GT in a race.
See? You had to dump only God knows how much money into it to beat a stock Mustang. That doesn't seem very smart to me.

Quote:
Now I'm not trying to diss your personal preference -
Yes you are.

Quote:
everyone can do whatever they want to their ride. If somone adds a big muffler that you claim sounds like a "fart" or "dying bumblebee" maybe they like it and they do it just for performance. If someone wants a huge metal wing, let them have it in peace!
Fine. They're free to do what they want, no matter how stupid it is. So let us laugh at them (and you) in peace.

Quote:
I know you think the import scene is just a phase and will die down soon, but the truth is, after many years the "American Muscle" phase is finally over and its time to move on. Muscle cars were big a few years ago, but that time is over and modified cars are now taking over. It's not "Fast and the Furious" that started this, modified imports have been big for a while, and its getting bigger.
And they're still way behind in terms of performance. As I said before, look at how much money you have to spend on a wrong wheel drive 4-popper and still be slower than a stock "muscle car". And for those imports that are already fast, look how much their initial cost is.

Face the truth: dollar for dollar, American cars can't be beat.

Quote:
Thats my 2 cents for you guys, I just wanted to get it off my chest.
Great. Now don't be mad at us because you choose to drive a slow car.
Check out the stuff I'm selling on ebay