View Single Post
Old 01-03-2003, 01:11 PM   #54
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Smile Re: Alrightey then!

Originally posted by Janeofalltrades

Quote:
Websters Definition of nanny....
You can be as literal as you want Jenn but we all know what the term nanny and discussion means in the context in which I used them. No need to run to the dictionary for help. Just consider the context and you'll better understand meanings. It's easy, really.

Quote:
And again, all this can be tied into the theory of Manifest Destiny. Whatever else you want to call it and "discuss" about it is up to you.
That's a tad incoherent, Jenn. Manifest Destiny was a phrase used by leaders and politicians in the 1840s to explain continental expansion by the United States. It does not apply to anything happening now with Iraq or North Korea so I fail to see the point of your use of the phrase or how the United States blocking aggression and possession of nuclear weapons by unstable dictators relates to this phrase. Manifest Destiny simply doesn't apply here in any way.

Anyway, thanks for your input and yes, what we discuss and debate certainly is up to the users of the board along with the consent of the moderator. You may join in or not, as you please. I simply contend that the very discussion and debate is crucial to a better understanding of the vital issues confronting us, as a nation and a people. I also attempt to enlighten, when possible. You apparently prefer to quote the dictionary. So be it.