Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2002, 12:31 PM   #8
Hethj7
Mizzou Tigers

Default Why buy new?

Are you dead set on buying a brand new car? Being 19 and in your situation, I would suggest getting something just a few years older. It will save you a lot of money upfront and lower your insurance costs.

Of course, I would recommend a Mustang...maybe a 97-98 GT. I know in my area you can find them at good prices. I just saw a beautiful triple black 97 convertible GT for just under 11,000. It had 60,xxx miles on it, leather, and Cobra R wheels. That car would run cirlces around the Tiburon and looks much better. Of course, not going with a convertible would save you even more....the above was just an example.

But, whatever you decide to go with, buying a used vehicle at this stage rather than a brand new Tiburon GT would seem like a better route. A car that is a few years old and has been well cared for will hold up as well as something new, plus you will be able to get more car for your money buying used. Just my 2 cents. Plus, with the cheaper cost and less strain on your budget, you will be able to afford to modify your vehicle, whether it be engine modifications, stereo equipment, etc.

1990 LX
GT-40 motor 262 horsepower, 307ft-lbs (sold but forever loved)

1998 Contour SVT

Rice Haters Club Member #244
Hethj7 is offline   Reply With Quote