View Single Post
Old 03-20-2004, 08:59 PM   #1
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Default My Car is Back...

Picked up my car from x2c on friday.

Put on JBA shorties, bassani catted x, magnaflow catback, pulleys, 4.30s and a ported lower intake.

Initially it was slow as a dog. Slower than it was before it went in. As I drove it, it got faster and faster, I guess the computer has to adjust somewhat? Anyways now its running good, but I am not sure if its 110+mph trap speed good, the track will find out.

Problems: Check engine light came on today, and I have MIL elims. The steering wheel is now having to be held at a 10-15degree angle to the right when the car goes straight down the street, it used to be dead level. Also everytime I come to a stop the car smells like burning. It smells under the hood and it comes out the vents after sitting at a light. Its worse after Ive got on it hard. The right tail pipe has sticky black stuff inside of it. I would guess its oil but its hardened to the pipes like tar consistancy almost. My buddy said initially on the way home that tail pipe was smoking too. Anyone have any ideas? Im going to call x2c on monday about that stuff...

The car is feeling quicker by the day, and I guess once I sort these little issues out Im going to have it dyno tuned.

I definatly lost a some lowend w/ the ported intake, well I assume thats what it is, but the car pulls hard to the limiter now. I was thinkin about swaping the stock intake back just to try it out tomorrow.

I have to say the 4.30s are great. The perfect gear, and if I didnt drive in the freeway a lot 4.56's would be fine, these cars really do need deep gears.

-Skyler

RIP
----
1993 Notch w/ 98 4V 4.6 Fasttt...

-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
12.32@109

-1999 Black Cobra Coupe-
JBA Shorties, Bassani Cat-X, Magnaflow 3", Pulleys, 85mm Pro-M, Ported Intake, Soild Rear w/ 4.30s, Tubular Front End, X2C arms, 13lb batt, few others.
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote