View Single Post
Old 03-19-2002, 07:11 PM   #14
88COBRA
STANGPOWER.COM

Mr 5.0:

As usual a very well written response.

I am sorry if I was not clear. I do not post topics such as "Come visit STANGPOWER.COM!!" or anything like that. I post and reply to any topics where I feel my thoughts or opinions belong. I do not post in threads I do not know about just to advertise. I only advertise by my signature. Maybe some users will see my sig and feel like joining my site to ask me questions, follow the progress of my car ect... I also organize group purchases for Corral members which link to my site, I tried to post on some other sites (such as Mustang Works) and my thread was deleted, my concerns ignored. That made me quite angry, as you may or may not know, to organize GPs you have to make no money, and you must have nothing to gain. I feel GPs are just a great way for my fellow stangers to get great deals. Some mustang sites, Mustang Works was not the only one, frown upon this. Corral welcomes them with open arms, and so I take allot of my posts over there.

As for my site, I completely understand your point of view. I just said above that we have too many stang sites, but yet I start my own?? Well the original purpose of my site was to host the message board for my local Mustang club. That grew into a little Canadian site, now it is a world wide site, and I am working on it all the time. The hits are climbing, the sponsors are just pooring in, and quite honestly it makes me feel good I am only 20 years old, and I have a website that gets 7000 hits a day, and I have BIG companies calling me asking if I would like to review their products. My site will grow, and continue to grow, will I be as big as Corral, or Mustang Works? NO way! I am very late in the game, but I am honestly doing it for the learning experience and as I said I really enjoy it.

Back to the Corral for a minute. I understand that you really have to keep up with that board. On MustangWorks I can actually get a drink before my topic is on the 5th page. In my experience, even though your topic is on the 5th page, there have been at least 5-10 replies. I personally really like that. I like the fast paced environment of the Corral. The flames have really died down in the last couple of months. The moderators are doing a very good job!

As you said, there is no one mustang site. As I stated I visit every mustang site every day. I feel that we should all get along. I should be able to link to MustangWorks, and MustangWorks should be able to link to Corral. I replied to a post today on Corral because I felt I could help. I came over to MustangWorks to use the Fuel System analyzer and I pasted the results. At the end of the thread I said "Thanks to Mustang Works" Well let me tell you, I received 5 e-mails telling me not to do that, I mean that is just dumb. And one of the members replied with "The MustangWorks fuel analyzer sucks" As I said comments like that make me mad! If you do not like it, just reply with that, there is no need to knock the site.

All this being said, will I leave MustangWorks? NO, I enjoy it here, yes I spend most of my time over at Corral, but who cares?

As Jack said in Mars attacks:

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!

My WebSites:
VortechPower.com - Brand new site for Vortech users!
NOVIPOWER.COM - Devoted to the performance of the NOVI supercharger
STANGPOWER.COM - A small community based in Canada for Mustangs
MORE WebSites Coming soon

PLEASE NOTE: I am not an affiliate (nor do I work for) any Mustang parts retailers - I create informational Mustang WebSites
88COBRA is offline   Reply With Quote