View Single Post
Old 01-09-2001, 12:57 AM   #4
97snakedriver
Registered Member

I have the tri-ax, so I'll throw my 2 cents in.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizard King:
RedLilPony:

Tell me, do you have to reach over for the 1,3,5 gears with a shift kit or is it just a shorter throw?
In 5th gear the shaft/knob is pretty much sticking straight up, so no reach or lean for any gear.

Quote:

Shorter throw like by how much... 1 inch on each gear?
Well... I've never measured it, and I really don't want to guess, so I'll just say, "significantly" and "very worthwhile". Good enough?

Quote:

When you go into gears is stiffer?
Yes. If you are in neutral and just let go of the shifter, it imediately goes to the midle. But its not unweildly. Just driving is more fun.

Quote:

I was also looking at steeda cuz they say they have the shortest throw... is that why you bough yours?
The Tri-Ax is put together extremely well (machining, matrails, ect.), and comes highly recomended from almost every one that uses it (some like the Pro 5.0 a little better). That's why most people choice that particular shifter.

Quote:

How much did you pay? And where did you get it?
If I remember right, it was about $180 ($179.95 or something), and I got it straight from Steeda.

Quote:

Thanks,
Hope I helped. BTW, the one concern with the Tri-Ax is that it tends to be somewhat louder (especially at low RPMs) then stock.

------------------
AIM: Some97Snake
97snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote