Thread: Airbags suck
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2002, 07:33 PM   #28
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mach 1
Talk about being stupid, read your own comments. Airbags are and always have been designed to be used in conjuction with seat belts, not as a replacement for them.

They were not put into cars to "protect people who are being stupid", they were put into cars to protect people period.
Let me know when you're going to start disagreeing with me. My comment was directed at the experience, and opinion added, constituting a weak attempt at debate by Dark 5.0. He apparently felt he would have died had he not had an airbag system. I am inclined to agree with his theory in that case, but I still don't see the reason I should pay more for my car because people like Dark 5.0 think airbags are worthwhile due to the concept they have the capability of possibly saving those who don't feel like wearing a seatbelt.

Since it would seem we're in agreement, are you also calling yourself stupid?

For those who don't want to wear seatbelts, fine by me. I propose a new insurance plan. You can disclose that information to the insurance company, and pay a highly elevated premium, giving people like me a nice discount. Should a person be in an accident where they're not wearing a seatbelt after claiming they do for better insurance rates, the insurance company can limit it's liability, and that person can be forced to pay out of pocket for medical expenses most likely related to that choice.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote