MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2001, 09:21 AM   #1
jetuomi
Registered Member

Cool THIS IS FUNNY !! Camry guys gettin' fooled by this buddy !!

I think they quickly figured out that this guy wasn't for real, I really hope he wasn't a Mustang guy tho !!!!

This is classic, I laughed, eg:

"One more question. I heard my engine needs more timing. I went to autozone to buy a can of timing but I couldn't find one. Is this something I have to get from the dealer? "

here's the URL:
http://www.camryman.org/cgi-bin/config.pl?read=116282

------------------
94 GT (triple black)
FMS 95 17" Cobra R's / AL Driveshaft / 3.27's
K&N, 12* timing, 180* thermostat, 190 lph
MAC Shifter/Gauges/Pedals, Euro Clear Projectors & Corners
My CAR!

Old 09-26-2001, 12:52 PM   #2
Capri306

Talking

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Dude, I am ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

See, this is why we need import geeks: Comic Relief.

------------------
Capri306, Moderator, The Mustang Works Online
"PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!!!"
Old 09-26-2001, 02:58 PM   #3
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Wink

That was hilarious! LOL!

I like how all the other ricers were acting like they we so much smarter

------------------
1995 Mustang GT
Old 09-26-2001, 04:15 PM   #4
HellRaiser92
Registered Member

Talking

LMFAO!
Old 09-26-2001, 04:25 PM   #5
PGkelly
Registered Member

OMFG ROTFLMMFAO!!!!!!!!! **** that was funny! dear lord, that guy is one dumb idiot.

wait, there is a site for camry ENTHUSIASTS?????????
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

------------------
If it ain't broke, make it go faster

AOL: MCVillain45
Old 09-26-2001, 04:51 PM   #6
Slart
Registered Member

Uh.. that was me! I'm serious

I wrote another funny reply to the guy who said: "Think LOGICALLY, does it sound like timing is the kind of thing you'd add to your cereal, or your engine?"

There was a whole 'nuther thread that I posted by the admin deleted it (no sense of humor I guess? ).

You can check it out in the faq:
http://gibsonfamily.dhs.org:81/camry...ngine-swap.txt

If you dont want to look through the whole thing, search for "no smoke"

I cant believe homey thought a 454 was a ford..

- Steve

[This message has been edited by Slart (edited 09-26-2001).]
Old 09-26-2001, 05:19 PM   #7
jetuomi
Registered Member

you're KIDDING ME !!

I know "homey", this makes it even funnier !!!!

LOL
Old 09-26-2001, 06:13 PM   #8
MustangFoo

Talking

About time you came out of the cracks foo. Did the rednecks miss their village idiot? Is that why you're back home, here? haha

As far as the Capri306, in your haste while reading through this and spitting your chewing tobacco in your little bucket there, you forgot to read the part that said that this foo was actually one of your rednecks... not an "import geek" as you put it. The comic's out your end!

Back to you foo, 454, 460 same **** ... all domestic crap.

My buddy has a GT which is think is a great car... when it does work... worse than a ***** on crack that dances on poles. haha

But you on the other hand foo, what's your case? Did they let you out of the institution early or something? At least you got a little bit of sense knocked into you (probably from a bottle at the local store) and went out and purchased a real car over your domestic pos that's sitting in your driveway.

Anyway, I'm sure maw and paw are glad to have ol' foo back and I'm sure y'all are gonna have a humdinger of a line dance later. HAHA

Quote:
Originally posted by Slart:
Uh.. that was me! I'm serious

I wrote another funny reply to the guy who said: "Think LOGICALLY, does it sound like timing is the kind of thing you'd add to your cereal, or your engine?"

There was a whole 'nuther thread that I posted by the admin deleted it (no sense of humor I guess? ).

You can check it out in the faq:
http://gibsonfamily.dhs.org:81/camry...ngine-swap.txt

If you dont want to look through the whole thing, search for "no smoke"

I cant believe homey thought a 454 was a ford..

- Steve

[This message has been edited by Slart (edited 09-26-2001).]

Old 09-26-2001, 06:16 PM   #9
PGkelly
Registered Member

all that from someone who posts on a "camry enthusiasts" message board. rrrrright.

------------------
If it ain't broke, make it go faster

AOL: MCVillain45
Old 09-26-2001, 06:23 PM   #10
MustangFoo

haha why don't you ask one of your members here with a "fast" mustang gt about his race with one of the "camry enthusiasts"

HAHA then we'll see who's rrrright

Quote:
Originally posted by PGkelly:
all that from someone who posts on a "camry enthusiasts" message board. rrrrright.

Old 09-26-2001, 07:27 PM   #11
Slart
Registered Member

You gotta be kidding right? I'll race any camry you want. BTW, I'm in sacramento. I'm sure you have members here.

> Is that why you're back home, here? haha

Actually I don't even post here. A buddy of mine who's in on the joke said: "Dude.. your post made it back to mustang works!". I thought that was so funny I actually registered here to laugh about it.

So anyway, this isn't my home.

> Back to you foo, 454, 460 same **** ... all domestic crap.

Man have you got a chip on your shoulder. I posted to the camry forum trying to make everyone laugh, you post here trying to.. I donno, get revenge or something? Chill out and enjoy the humor.

> and went out and purchased a real car over your domestic pos that's sitting in your driveway.

You don't think I actually *OWN* a camry, do you?

There is some irony here though. I do have an import, it's a 97 nissan 4x4 and it's broke.

Of course, my mustang's broke too but that's from making enough horsepower to crack the crank in half (equivelent to about 6 camrys). Meanwhile, if you can find a guy in a camry guy in sacramento who wants to race my stock camaro I'd be happy to oblidge.

Trust me, you'd be better off racing my camaro than my mustang.

- Camryfoo

Old 09-26-2001, 07:46 PM   #12
MustangFoo

Talking

Yeah I too am sure that we have Camrys in Sacramento. You might wanna ask some of your new friends over at the Camry board.

Sure I did see the humour in it when you posted on the Camry forum and I too responded with the same intentions, leaving any personal bashing out of it. I think you were the one to start it right here.

If you don't own a Camry why did you bother visiting a Camry board? Just curious. But as far as imports, Nissan is good too, but its no Toyota so I'm not gonna comment on its condition. Maybe you are just a bad driver who breaks every car he touches but I don't know you so who knows.

I don't think you want to race a Camry with your stock Camaro. #1 Camry will beat it MAJORITY of the time... many of our members down South have raced cocky Camaros (even Z28 and SS) and beaten them with close to stock V6 Camrys. #2 I've raced as well as seen Camaros that have gone up in smoke just because they are that cheap.

As far as your Mustang. Yes Mustangs are great muscle cars with amazing potential and I've been very close to going for a Corvette, TransAm or Mustang myself in the past before I knew anything about cars, but it will never be as good as an import and not even in the same high class as a comparable competing import (Supra).

Yes I'd be better off racing your Camaro over your Mustang because its the only one between the two that's actually running! haha. Isn't that kind of obvious? I thought so.

But in any case I don't see why this should get into a shitfest or out of hand. You gave us a good laugh in tough times for you Americans and then one of your members had to post the link here for whatever reason. If you want a race, and if there is someone in Sac that will race, by all means, there is no reason why there can't be a friendly race. Unfortunately I'm nowhere near so I'm not gonna be the 3rd party on this one.

If you really think your car is all that, I can show you multiple 2.0L Toyota engines that will kick the **** out of your Mustang too, which I highly doubt is over 1000 HP (which is what 6 Camrys would be).

Peace.

BTW your post wasn't deleted like you said... its all there... you have to expand the message history on our forum.

Quote:
Originally posted by Slart:
You gotta be kidding right? I'll race any camry you want. BTW, I'm in sacramento. I'm sure you have members here.

> Is that why you're back home, here? haha

Actually I don't even post here. A buddy of mine who's in on the joke said: "Dude.. your post made it back to mustang works!". I thought that was so funny I actually registered here to laugh about it.

So anyway, this isn't my home.

> Back to you foo, 454, 460 same **** ... all domestic crap.

Man have you got a chip on your shoulder. I posted to the camry forum trying to make everyone laugh, you post here trying to.. I donno, get revenge or something? Chill out and enjoy the humor.

> and went out and purchased a real car over your domestic pos that's sitting in your driveway.

You don't think I actually *OWN* a camry, do you?

There is some irony here though. I do have an import, it's a 97 nissan 4x4 and it's broke.

Of course, my mustang's broke too but that's from making enough horsepower to crack the crank in half (equivelent to about 6 camrys). Meanwhile, if you can find a guy in a camry guy in sacramento who wants to race my stock camaro I'd be happy to oblidge.

Trust me, you'd be better off racing my camaro than my mustang.

- Camryfoo

Old 09-26-2001, 08:19 PM   #13
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Exclamation

AH HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!! Oh man....oh man.....ok....calm down....ok....I'm good now.....AHHHH AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.......I can't help it.

MustangFoo...you are a MORON! I'm sorry. I wish I could help myself from saying this. I would really like to. But it's impossible. You just prooved to me that you have the IQ of, well, a punk ricer. Which is about 50. Isn't that the line where they consider to be slow? I am not poking fun at metally handicapped people either. I have an aunt that is severly handicapped.

But seriously....come on now. A STOCK Camry....beating a Mustang! HAHAHA! Even a V6 Mustang would smoke a stock Camry. I have ridden in many a Camries too, so don't even say that I don't know what I'm talking about.

You're ignorant. No way around that. I would really enjoy if you stayed off our boards. But it't not my decision and this is a public board so I guess I won't get my way.

------------------
Previously "BennyBoy"
'69 Coupe with 351W-I rolled it 8/8
Edelbrock RPM intake, Edelbrock RPM cam, Edelbrock 750 cfm carb, Hedman headers, 2 1/2" pipe, glasspacks, C4: shift kit, 9" Currie: Trac-Lok 3.70s, 290hp-stock heads
Old 09-26-2001, 08:25 PM   #14
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

wow
i think u should have 1 of ur camry buddies come to my workplace and go at it with my bosses vette
if the 67 stingray(w/502 6spd and all lightweight suspension componets)
doesn't wanna play then i'm sure my superviser and his 2001 SS Camaro(every slp mod 6spd) wouldn't mind kickin some major ***
hell since i'm in a generous mood i'll let u run my stock 5.0
well since it is a camry i will have to bring out the secret weapon
a 2001 offroad ram with the 5.9L 360(4:10 gears)
this truck is heavy weight weighing in at 6600 pounds
i think its funny that my truck could probably **** up that pos camry

JAMES

------------------
Black 1990 gt cobra bonestock
not for long
Old 09-26-2001, 08:45 PM   #15
Slart
Registered Member

> Yeah I too am sure that we have Camrys in Sacramento. You might wanna ask some of your new friends over at the Camry board.

Well they're not the ones saying that camrys are faster than mustangs, you are. Can you find somebody that wants to race?

> Sure I did see the humour in it when you posted on the Camry forum and I too responded with the same intentions, leaving any personal bashing out of it. I think you were the one to start it right here.

Looking through the posts, the only thing I can think of that you might have construed as offensive was the "I can't believe the dude thought a 454 was a ford". If that offended you I apologize.

Try to see it from our (ford enuthusist's) perspective though. It'd be like sombody on your forum saying: Toyota engines suck, espeically the 20R, 22RE, and the B18B (for you ford folk, the B18[A-C] are hondas). You have to admit you'd roll out of your chair.

> I don't think you want to race a Camry with your stock Camaro. #1 Camry will beat it MAJORITY of the time... many of our members down South have raced cocky Camaros (even Z28 and SS) and beaten them with close to stock V6 Camrys. #2 I've raced as well as seen Camaros that have gone up in smoke just because they are that cheap.

I'll take that bet. Find me a camry to race. Doesn't have to be stock, I'd be happy to race a modified one (supercharged? No problem!).

> As far as your Mustang. Yes Mustangs are great muscle cars with amazing potential and I've been very close to going for a Corvette, TransAm or Mustang myself in the past before I knew anything about cars, but it will never be as good as an import and not even in the same high class as a comparable competing import (Supra).

I don't think my '89 mustang is in the same class as the (currently discontinued) supra. The supra is a 3800 lb, $40,000 luxery car in my opinion.

The fox body mustang is the poor man's sports car. Whaddya expect for $3600?

However, give me a few weeks to get the shortblock back together and I'll be happy to race any supra you point my way.

> But in any case I don't see why this should get into a shitfest or out of hand. You gave us a good laugh in tough times for you Americans and then one of your members had to post the link here for whatever reason.

I think it's good that they posted the link. Humor is good for the soul.

> If you want a race, and if there is someone in Sac that will race, by all means, there is no reason why there can't be a friendly race.

Great! I love racing.

> If you really think your car is all that, I can show you multiple 2.0L Toyota engines that will kick the **** out of your Mustang too

OOOOoohhh! It's on! You find me a 2.0L toyota to race and I'll race. Don't use the fact that my car's broke as an excuse. If that's a problem, I can swap in a stock 5.0 shortblock in an afternoon.

- Steve
Old 09-26-2001, 08:57 PM   #16
Mike Souslin
Registered Member

Camry???? You are ******* kidding me right??? I raced a Camry this past Friday at National Trails and smoked it in my bone stock F-150 Supercab. Bahahahaha!

------------------
91 Coupe with fresh rebuild. Running Stage 2 Avenger heads (51cc chambers), Stage 2 cam (.549, .566)1.7 Crane Gold Race rockers, Port matched GT-40 upper & lower, 75mm Bullet MAF, 65mm Accufab TB, MSD 6AL, Long Tubes through off road and Dynomax muffs. Stock T-5 and 3.73 gears. Big Blue Bottle on it's way!!!
Best time so far = 60'=2.021, 1/8=8.366 at 86.37 mph and the 1/4 was 12.926 at 108.94mph.
Old 09-26-2001, 09:25 PM   #17
Capri306

Thumbs down

Mister MustangFoo: I don't give **** one about who was from which site. A flamer's a flamer (look in the mirror), and your crap just won't fly around here.

As far as the link, I got a DAMN good laugh out of it, as I'm sure many others did. I have customers like this all the time, so yeah I can believe somebody would post such a thing. Grow up and laugh with everybody else. I'm soooo sure every other message board doesn't pick on us 'Stangers, let alone the camaro, truck, etc. boards. Classic mudslinging.

...and as for your TOYota being faster than most Mustangs? WTF are you smoking? Surely not tobacco. Do you not realize you are on a MUSTANG message board? You must slit your wrists and swim with sharks, too. Unless your posts can be more constructive in the future, I suggest you keep your posts to yourself. Good day.

Everyone else, sorry to have to lock this thread.

------------------
Capri306, Moderator, The Mustang Works Online
"PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!!!"
Closed Thread