MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-05-2001, 10:30 AM   #1
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Thumbs down Got my First "Complaint"

Yep, Got my first complaint yesterday. I was in my car and off to go work on my brakes (time for a pad change), when this guy flagged me down in my condo complex.

He says to me, "could you, like, stop reving your engine. Your car is so loud the neighbors are complaining, and I have a little kid that can't sleep."

Being a nice guy (well I'd like to think I am ) I ask him for a little more clarification as I don't want to anoy my neighbors and especially some little kids.

All he comes back will is that I'm reving my engine all the time at 7:00 am.

So I tell him that yes I drive to work in the morning but that I don't "rev" my engine, that when the temperature is below freezing the car idles at about 1100 to 1200 RPM for a minute or so to warm up (which is a little loud).

He says "whatever" and takes off.

So I'm thinking OK, I'll see what I can do, but buddy might just have to suck it up, after all I am moving at the end of the week .

The real kicker is that when I go to work this morning (I was a little late, it's hard to be dedicated to a company when it's you last week ) and all I hear is this god aweful buzzing sound. It is waaaayyyyy louder than my car. Turns out the guy drives a VW Jetta with a big fart can muffler. I was like WTF! What a dumb *** !

Talk about ignorance!

------------------
White 1995 Mustang GT
Dynomax Cat-Back, Offroad H-pipe, performacne chip, K&N Filters w/o Air Silencer
My 1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 11:32 AM   #2
Try Me
Registered Member

Cool

I tough, but the best thing to do in a situation like that is to say "No problem, sorry i woke your son, i'll keep it down" then talk to him (gulp!) about his fart can equipped VW.
He'll get to know you, then like you.

He likely won't call the cops on you if you come in late 'tire's blazing, and may even speak up if he cathes someone mess'n with your 'Stang when you're not around.
Try Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 11:42 AM   #3
Capri306

Same feeling here, what an arse! Hehehe

Yesterday, my friend who lives across the street said he could hear me take off in the morning for work. He likes Mustangs bigtime, too. I wasn't revving the engine, either. In fact, he was telling me how he heard me hit the starter and it fired right up! That's pretty cool since our houses are so far apart here in BFE. Basically, both he and his GF want Mustangs, now.

There's guys like the one you encountered everywhere, dude. Most of 'em drive those kind of cars and can't fathom enjoying a V8 with some real power. If somebody has kids, no *******' exhaust is gonna wake 'em up. Don't you run the vacuum or take 'em on a car ride when they won't sleep? Maybe his cylinder inferiority complex is genetic and his child can't stand a V8 sound either. Do him a favor: steal his kid for a day, drive him around in the 'Stang the whole time, then return him in the evening. This way even his kid will make fun of his POS jetta.

Potatoes in the tailpipe are fun, too. Give that a whirl. Hehehhehehehehe.

I'm just glad I don't live around ppl like that. In fact, I don't think there's a foreign car on my street. My neighbors are all gearheads and racers pretty much, so they understand the open-header engine firing up at 2:30 in the morning on a Tuesday. You should do something before you leave, though...something that would leave a lasting impression.

------------------
Capri306, Moderator, The Mustang Works Online
1979 Mercury Capri, 5.0L -- C4 -- 2.73
1987 Mustang LX Notch
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 11:54 AM   #4
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Capri306:
Same feeling here, what an arse! Hehehe.....Maybe his cylinder inferiority complex is genetic and his child can't stand a V8 sound either....You should do something before you leave, though...something that would leave a lasting impression.
I agree w/ Capri306 on leaving a lasting impression. Something not too bad so they can't call the cops, but something that'll show them how bad it COULD'VE been.

Try Me had a good suggestion, but since you're leaving at the end of the week, don't bother trying to suck up to the nerd.

“…because, no one’s really gonna be free until nerd persecution ends.” ---Revenge of the Nerds

-------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup
4" Cowl
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8)
Stock 5.8L
C4 w/ shift kit
1.5" MAC full length headers
Holley 750 CFM
Edelbrock intake
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
8.8" Rear end w/ 3.55 gears (Now that's more like it!!)
Front: 225/60/15 Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
14 x 4” K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup soon)
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 01:39 PM   #5
Tom351
Registered Member

He is just jealous that his car sounds like A$$.

------------------
67 Fastback - Arctic White Pearl paint
351W ,Trick Flow Aluminum Heads, Edelbrock TorkerII, Carter 750 CFM, Comp. Cam 477/510 219/233@.050, Performance Automatic C-4 Trans, 3.55 gears, Front Disc Brakes, 1-1/8" Fr. 3/4" rear sway bars.

My 351W Fastback
Tom351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 03:30 PM   #6
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

You're moving at the end of the week?? See how long you can do burnouts for in front of his house... Some people annoy me, at how arrogant they are.... are you throwing loud late night parties??? If he can't handle 1 minute of a car making a little noise, then he deserves to be awoken every night by you and all your friends drag racing up and down the street!! Sorry... I can't stand people who ***** about such little things... grrrr
Good luck

------------------
Joe!
1988 GT, 167,000 miles!!! 13.71@105mph Check out my listing! Click here! Or my website:
www.joe4speed.com
1999 Ninja ZX-6R 10.32@135mph!
joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 04:41 PM   #7
dinomite
The Dude

Ya, I would definently say do something before you leave. I've always wanted to try popcorn in the exhause, just pour it into that coffe can tip, into the muffler. I bet it would make a nice rattle till the car heated up and you got some good pops!
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 05:10 PM   #8
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by dinomite:
Ya, I would definently say do something before you leave. I've always wanted to try popcorn in the exhause, just pour it into that coffe can tip, into the muffler. I bet it would make a nice rattle till the car heated up and you got some good pops!
LOL, I know, this guy is such a moron. What pisses me off is that I purposely try not to rev early in the morning or late at night, and he bitches at me! When he wakes up the whole dam southern half of the city with his stupid buzz!

I'll be in Toronto at the end of the week but my wife and mustang are staying behind for a couple of months until I go down to Dallas. I don't want this **** to do anything to my car while I'm not around to defend it. But when I return....

[This message has been edited by 95mustanggt (edited 03-05-2001).]
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 06:29 PM   #9
Gautam
Registered Member

Hi,
Hehe, no kidding. I posted a story a while back about this. Except in my case, it was my neighbour who lives like 3 houses down. He complained about the same situation (noise in the morning; wakin up him and his kids).

Also, he complained cuz this happened around the time I was learning to drive stick-shift, and we basically did laps around our lot.

Bye!

------------------
Gautam N. Lad
http://www.cubicdesign.com
http://www.cubicdesign.com/mustang/
Gautam is offline   Reply With Quote