MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-19-2001, 07:53 PM   #1
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Thumbs up Some MAJOR guitar-playing skill.

Go here (ignore the '80's look): http://www.angelfire.com/musicals/impellitterichannel/
and watch the video called NAMM 97 Clinic -Screaming Symphony Instrumental of this guy utterly thrashing (playing) his guitar. The video starts off good then gets kind of boring when the short keyboard solo comes in, but then half way through, he really starts lighting it up. Just watch the whole thing or you'll miss some amazing parts. Those of you who play (or try) I feel will appreciate this more, perhaps(unless you are better than this guy) . And if you're not impressed, I'll sell my stang and buy an '82 Camaro ( yeah right).

Think Andres Segovia could do that .

I had to remind myself to breath as I watched.

-----------------------------------------
351W-powered 1979 Ford Mustang notchback
Stock 5.8L under custom made 4" cowl, C4 w/ shift kit
Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, Al driveshaft
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s
14 x 4” K&N air filter. Only a couple of weeks b4 Project FOX begins!!!

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body

[This message has been edited by Fox Body (edited 09-19-2001).]
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2001, 08:28 PM   #2
PKRWUD

Not bad at all! Had kind of an Yngwie ring to it. They should try to get Joe Lynn Turner for vocals!

Do they have anything out?

Take care
~Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

My site: JimPorterRacing

RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

HEY !!! Are you ASE Certified ??? If you are, ask me about iATN. The best tool you'll ever have, and it's free !!!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2001, 08:40 AM   #3
matt cook
Registered Member

yeah, Impelliteri has a few albums out - I remember he most most famous for shredding 'somewhere over the rainbow'

I think that he did have Graham Bonnett as a singer - so the Yngwie connection is there.

BTW - I saw Yngwie for the 5th and last time this winter - he sucked, but Lizzy Borden opened, so I was happy

here's my pick:
Jason Becker - Perpetual Burn
this was recorded when he was 17, and many say it will never be surpassed. He has Lou Gherig's disease now. Pretty sad story, but he was awesome.

------------------
1982 Mustang GT
matt cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2001, 10:26 AM   #4
PKRWUD

I've never heard of Jason Becker. And he's got ALS? How old is he? ALS has got to be the absolute worst way to die. At least with Alzheimer's, they don't know what their losing. With ALS, your mind stays as sharp as a tack, but your body falls apart on you. Reminds me of the storyline for Metallica's One. Know what I mean?

I find this so funny. I'm 35, but from 13 through 25, the general population considered the music I listened to to be the loudest, rudest, most evil, music there was. I was always descriminated against because I was into "heavy metal". Those same bands today are now considered mellow. I pretty much stopped listening to new bands around the time I cleaned myself up, about 8-10 years ago.I still enjoy pissing people off with my music, though. In my F150, I have 2 amps, 4 speakers and a Bazooka powered sub. The cd in their right now is Ozzy's Speak of the Devil. Turned some heads the other day.

So where can I hear this Becker guy? I still believe with all my heart that the worlds best guitarist died on March 19, 1982.

Take care
~Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

HEY !!! Are you ASE Certified ??? If you are, ask me about iATN. The best tool you'll ever have, and it's free !!!
Old 09-20-2001, 01:03 PM   #5
cad614

How about his offical website? http://www.jasonbecker.com/
cad614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2001, 04:27 PM   #6
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

Exclamation

PKRWUD,i beg to differ, IMHO the greatest guitar player of all time died in August of 1990 in a helicopter crash that eric clapton was supposed to be on, - SRV
Randy Rhoads would be second on my list though

------------------
88 Notch, B&M Ripper, 3.73's, Ported E7's, Explorer int. w/ ported lower, pulleys, 1.7RR's, BBK headers, off-road H-pipe, flowmasters, subframes, 65mm TB, March ram air ,MSD coil, U/L control arms, 155lph f/p, Crane Adj.FPR, Nitto drag radials, best 1/4--> 13.76@101.4 on a 2.17 60ft
fiveohpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2001, 07:41 PM   #7
PKRWUD

cad614-
Thanks. Make feel like a complete idiot! just kidding. I'll go check it out!

fiveoh-
The 11th anniversary was just last week. He was only 35 years old. I would have to say he is number two on my list. He was phenomenal, but no one touched my soul the way Randy did. he was the very first hard rock guitarist I ever heard that was raised with classical influences. All the other greats, and the lousy's, too, were blues influenced. Don't get me wrong, I cried the day Stevie died, but for personal reasons, randy Rhoads will always be the best in my eyes.

Take care
~Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

Old 09-21-2001, 01:04 PM   #8
andy669
Registered Member

Man, that guy was definately born with it! That kinda skill cant be taught.
I didnt even know Yngwie was still around. What ever happened to Steve Vai, or Vinnie Moore? Remember RacerX? Those guys rocked!
My first hero was Eddie. Eruption was the first time I had ever heard someone play like that. One thing is for certain, we've all got our favorites, and its impossible to be wrong. Hell, my parents like Chet Atkins...lol... "He sure could pick that get-tar".
Anyone who's ever played or even tryed to play can appreciate skill, and that guy has got it.
andy

------------------
3 Black 94 GT Vert. AODE/TKO conversion, 3:73's, ported X-305's, GT40 manifolds, 75mm TB, 30lbers, PMS, 300 horse Top Gun wet kit, and all the other little stuff
andy669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2001, 06:21 AM   #9
Red Mustang Gt 46
13.3 @ 103

Anyone for John Petrucci? Dream Theater, awesome guitarist...
Red Mustang Gt 46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2001, 12:22 AM   #10
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Oh yeah, Petrucci's got some real skill too. And Dream Theatre's one of my favorites.

Impelliteri has got some REAL skill, but as far as the band's music, it's okay. It kinda reminds me of Dream Theatre b/c of some of the vocals and guitar, even though the music is in a slightly diff class. I just don't like their (Impelliteri's) music enough (even though the guitarist's skill is undeniably superimpressive) to buy any of their CDs. I don't know about the newer stuff though. I think it is just b/c I have been preoccuppied with buying other CDs first. Maybe I'll try their stuff a little later.

-----------------------------------------
351W-powered 1979 Ford Mustang notchback
Stock 5.8L under custom made 4" cowl, C4 w/ shift kit
Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, Al driveshaft
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s
14 x 4” K&N air filter. Only a couple of weeks b4 Project FOX begins!!!

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2001, 08:57 AM   #11
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

Yea SRV made it look easy, he just amazed me, i am also a fan of joe walsh
90dpscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2001, 11:36 AM   #12
srv1
Get down.....

i really dont think i have to tell you who my favorite guiatar player is! but rhoades kicked *** in his time, and still does. there is alot of great guitarists out there. depends on what type of music they play. Impelliteri is fast. VERY fast. but you listen to it for awhile, its mostly a bunch of licks. not saying he's not good, but licks get boring after awhile, at least for me it does. John Petrucci of Dream Theater is one hell of a guitar player that doesnt get recognized. and yes, there is Joe Satriani, the man can do more than "just play"! Eddie, well he was great in his era, but he is worn down over the years of drinking. i could list them all, but we all know the majority of people out there that can play. alot of your local bands have great guiatarists too. i try to support them as well.

------------------
90 LX Black on Black
Flowbabies, h-pipe, Mac unequal shorties, K&N, Hurst, subframes, Motorsport springs, MSD coil, 3.55's
srv1 is offline   Reply With Quote