MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-31-2002, 12:19 PM   #1
BAleR
Registered Member

Unhappy need help

Oklahoma
suggestions on project
ok, as you probably know, i own a 94 v6 mustang convertable. 5spd. i would love to buy a 95 cobra here in about a year, but im not sure if i should spend my money on a brand new car, or just sup up my v6. all my friends say it would be wiser to sup up my stang wrather than buying a cobra that would run mid to high 14's, when i could have a v6 do the same. also, if i get a cobra ill have to sell my stang, witch ill have a good 13-14 grand to spend on a cobra. if i keep my car ill have about 10 grand. but the only, reason i dont want to sup up my v6 is because iv got a good 160 thousand miles on her, the engine has been rebuilt, but i dont know if its worth it. i was thinkin about dropin a 2000 v6 engine, but also i have been told it is ALOT of work, and would cost me a good 8 grand or so. it is obviouse that if i were to kick the crap out of a z28 or some ss in a v6 wrather than the typical cobra. cobra's run 14-15's all the time. its not often when you see a v6 runin 13's or so. well gemmie ur openions, thanks guys.

-BAleR-
5speed (stock)
Team DRT
BAleR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 12:43 PM   #2
Ackbar00
Rebel Fleet Commander

Dude really, If you want to go fast, you need a power plant that is capable of it. First ask yourself, Am I going to be doing the labor of a engine swap. If you WANT to go through all that trouble to drop a new engine in it and you only put a 30HP better V6 in it, YOU WILL BE DISAPOINTED. Second, the car has a lot of miles on it. Do you really want to push the limits of this engine. Look, Do yourself a favor, Go get a GT or a cobra. There is far less work involved and it will kick the sshit out of any V6 mustang. Plus the aftermarket for GT and Cobras is so huge, you CAN NOT go wrong. Who cares if a V6 can keep up with a stock GT Convertable with a Automatic. My SHO can do that.

11.25@123.5 on only 8 psi.
10.84@121 on only 1 headgasket

"The Truth is, Your the Weak, and I am the Tyranny of Evil Men!"

Ackbar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 06:01 PM   #3
BAleR
Registered Member

Red face

well that is true somewhat, but i have talked to a few people about this, and my friend told me i could put a `90 or so thunderbird SC engine in her, and a few small things and and have a good 350hp, i also was lookin arround at v6power.net and some guy was on there sayin how he did the same exact thing, all he did was drop a t-bird sc engine in a `94 mustang, totaly stock, and he ran a mid to high 13. well i dont know about you but thats pretty impressive for a v6. well those are my thoughts

-BAleR-
5speed (stock)
Team DRT
BAleR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 10:55 AM   #4
Ackbar00
Rebel Fleet Commander

They just did a story in the new MM&FF on V6 setups. One huy put a complete SC engine and 5 speed in a 97 mustang. It only went like 95 MPH in the 1/4MI. That not very inpressive considering mine bone stock did the same. You will not be happy with a V6. The first modded V8 you roll up to will duff that 10,000$ you just droped into your V6. But, its your car.

11.25@123.5 on only 8 psi.
10.84@121 on only 1 headgasket

"The Truth is, Your the Weak, and I am the Tyranny of Evil Men!"

Ackbar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 11:12 AM   #5
PKRWUD

There's no replacement for displacement. Always go bigger. get a V8, and when it starts to feel slow, bolt on a blower. It will smoke your friends idea.

No brainer. get a V8

Take care,
ÅChris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 05:38 PM   #6
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

I say drop in the engine from the supercharged thunderbird. To me it would be cool and with the blower it would have lots of potential.

Theres my 2 cents,
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 07:10 PM   #7
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

My dad has a '90 Thunderbird SC. They don't push 350 hp. Although I'm sure you could bring it up there with some mods, but like Chris said, there's no replacement for displacement. Go for the V8. + if you buy a Cobra it will always hold the value of being a Cobra, if you ever decide on selling it later down the line. + you'll get the nice it's a cobra, compared to ohh.. that's a cool V6 Stang. Deffinitley go for the Cobra. If you want, keep that car, and buy a 5.0L and build it up for a track or weekend car. Also an idea...

§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote