MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-17-2002, 04:50 PM   #1
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Default Interesting Weekend; Got a tattoo!

I made the 6 hour trip east down Interstate 80 on Thursday, leaving about 4 p.m. after school. I was going to visit and tour the University of Nebraska at Omaha's campus on Friday, and on Saturday I had a meeting with a couple of their football coaches and they took me on a tour through their athletic facilities.

After taking about an hour long tour of the main campus at UNO, we went to the south campus, the Peter Kiewit Institute of Technology. This building is absolutely amazing. It's UNO's College of Engineering. The building is just a few years old and is completely state of the art. The whole building is made so you can visually see what is working, how it's working, and why it's working. It's awesome, and hard to imagine without actually seeing it. We had a tour that lasted about an hour and a half. I plan on studying architectural engineering, and since there are 3 huge AE firms in Omaha, this would be a prime place to do it. There are always internships and starting positions available. Hopefully I will be able to get some scholarships so I can go there. It's pretty dang expensive, but well worth it. The "dorms" aren't really dorms, they are apartments. Four bedrooms, two baths, a kitchen, and a living room per suite. PLUS (and this is the kicker) MAID SERVICE ONCE A WEEK!!! I don't think a college student could ask for more!!! Anyways....

After the tours I went to American Tattoo on South 84th Street and got a tattoo that I designed. I'm pretty happy with it, but I wish a couple things could have been different about it. I only noticed this after I got it, of course. But overall I'm happy with it. I got it on the outside of my shoulder on my right arm. I was expecting it to hurt a little more than it did, but it wasn't too bad. It wasn't even really that tender or sore afterwards. There's a picture attached...

On Saturday, after the tour of the athletic facilities I got to hang out around the field for their warmups and then they gave me and my parents some free tickets to watch the game. They won the game, 21-16. It was a pretty fun game to watch. Only 15-20 freshman get scholarships for football, so I'll have to see how that goes. I gave them a couple highlight tapes and they're coming to my school in a couple weeks to talk to me again.

If I do end up studying architectural engineering, I don't think I'd be able to play football anyways. The engineering school is extremely demanding so it would be difficult to manage my time and all. I guess time will tell......

Just sharing for anyone who's bored enough to read...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg armart.jpg (14.0 KB, 77 views)
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 06:07 PM   #2
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Sounds good man! Wish ya the best of luck for that scholarship!
Cool Tattoo, looks like some kind of cult.

§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 08:04 PM   #3
PKRWUD

I'm not calling you a liar, but that doesn't look like a real tat to me. Your skin wouldn't be that healed so quickly. Skin would be red and sore, and probably peeling in spots.

if it is real, it's one of a kind!

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 11:10 PM   #4
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

It's real PKRWUD, swear my life on it! I got it Friday night, that picture was taken earlier this afternoon (Sunday). I've had A&D ointment on it pretty much continuously since he did it. He said to not let it get dry and to put a small amount of ointment on it everytime it started to get dry. The area around it was red all Friday night, but by Saturday the redness had went away. It got a little sore and tender, but not too bad.

It is real, and it is one of a kind. I had designed it and drawn it all up, only to forget it at home. When I got to Omaha at about midnight I stayed up and drew it on some "Comfort Inn" paper with a pencil I borrowed from the front desk.

The camera I used to take the picture isn't real good for taking still pictures, since it's a digital camcorder, but it's the best I have as of right now.

But it is real! And you call me a liar....BASTARD!

PS- If any of you don't remember, my last name is "Schmitt" so that's where the "S" comes from....
Old 11-17-2002, 11:51 PM   #5
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Thumbs up CONGRATS ON YOUR INK!

YEH, i AGREE THOUGH ....its WAY TOOOOOOO CLEAN AND 'NOT RED' TO BE REAL.....BUT...I believe you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know you were wanting to get it for a long time....if there is ANYTHING YOU WANNA CHANGE ON IT...GO ASAP.. they should not give you a hard time. I still have not got my eyes on my Tiger touched up yet! Someday! I'm not sure about anyone else, but it seems that the most painful parts are the 'fattiest' parts, the outline and when they have to do the 'fillin' w/ the black...just my expierience....Iwill do it again though. In a heartbeat!
Looks great! Congrats! You've been INKED!
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 11:53 PM   #6
polara7777
Registered Member

Sounds like a great school. Love the maid service part.
Nice tat. I have 2 so far both dragons and plan on about 4 more.
-67 Dodge Polara (383 punched 30, Heavy head work, Mopar Performance single plane intake, Holley 750, electric fuel pump, Holley regulator, .484 duration cam, FRIED bottom end!) DOH!!! Fried the #1 rod bearing. Stroker kit coming!
-01 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Clear lenses, shaved fender, rear signals in the rear housing, baffles removed, Deals Gap dragon on the tail.)
polara7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 12:00 AM   #7
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

I just got done showing it to one of my friends, he was impressed at how much it had healed also. His girlfriend got a tribal heart/wings on the small of her back a while ago, he said hers was kinda bumpy for a couple weeks. Mine still is raised a little, but not too bad.

He said if it ever needs touched up they will do it for free. Hopefully I'll be living there in a few months so it will be no big deal, but right now, I don't think I'd make the 6 hour trip just to have him touch it up!
The most painful part of mine was when he went closer to the top of my shoulder, near the joint where there is a little less muscle and closer to the bone. Other than that it was just a general stinging as he did it. I did notice that the longer strokes were less painful than when he'd just make a short mark and stop...don't know why though...
Old 11-18-2002, 03:50 AM   #8
PKRWUD

How big is it? I really do believe you, but I have never seen one heal that clean, that fast. Ever.

I got my first one 17 years ago, and my last one 10 years ago. I've had a craving to get another one, but I'm still deciding on what and where.

In any case, congrats on loving yourself enough to get one.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 11-18-2002, 08:22 PM   #9
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

It's about 3-4 inches in diameter....not too big, not too small....and high enough that a regular short sleeve t-shirt covers it up.....

Get a naked chick on your forearm.....that's gonna be my next one....haha....just playin......
Old 11-19-2002, 07:07 PM   #10
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

PKRWUD- Just an update for ya.....my tat is now peeling quite a bit.....started peeling a little last night and it got a little worse throughout today....It should pretty much all be off pretty soon....there is a little bit of old skin on the red part of the flames, but that's about it....
Old 11-20-2002, 04:52 PM   #11
PKRWUD

Okay, that's better. lol

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 11-21-2002, 12:40 AM   #12
moc
Registered Member

Cool Why

O well ,you got it now ! it's to late They are very popular in our times . You may feel a little different in years to come ,maybe not . I hid my first ,from my dad for 6 months ,untill i had to wear a short sleeve shirt ! I was 13 and it was 1970 . Wish I never got it now! O well
05/04/09
(Hangar Queen)
SMOKEM UP
moc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 01:25 AM   #13
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Thumbs up Looks Really Good!

Cool tat man! I dig it...
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 04:12 AM   #14
5.0 Pony
Registered Member

That's neat, My favorite of all time is my cousins though. He has a Cobra Emblem tattooed on his arm its awesome, its about 4 inches high and it looks exactly like the ford Cobra emblem, but it has red eyes. Its so cool, i would never get one though, cuz im a wuss
-9mm FMS Spark Plug Wires
-Hedmann Headers 2.5" O/R H-Pipe
-Flowmaster 40 series 2.5" Catback
5.0 Pony is offline   Reply With Quote