MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-25-2002, 11:55 PM   #1
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Default ...ghosts?

not like i believe in ghosts and am about to hide under my covers anymore...well maybe ...but thats a different story...hehe

its very very odd....last night (its happened before) i got up in the middle of the night, to uh, tinkle, and came back into my room and looked up for a sec and saw my light on my receiver come on...now i have a dimmer on the face of it so it stays, well...dim...and my remotes are all on my desk, nothing leaning on em....so how on earth could the light come on if nothing is adjusted on the stereo by me?...but like i said its happened before...but its still eerie...and shortly after the light on the face goes back out (about a 4second delay after activity)....i get comfy back in my bed and the stereo starts to get loud...lol...(soto go up....trust me, i didnt lay on the remote..lol...this has happened before...even without me in the house...my mom said its done it...now ive heard of electronics acting funny with low power, but its plugged straight into the wall..lol....its a pioneer VSX-D209....and the light came on again obviously cuz volume causes the light to come on)...my volume dial goes on forever, itll turn and turn cuz its all digital...so nothing has to touch the stereo for the volume its not that old at all...

so does anyone know whats going on? lol...are there supernatural beings in my room playing with my stereo? hehe...im sure theyd like to be... ...or has this same problem happened to someone already?...thought it was an interesting subject whether or not you know anyways...

-jeeper's creepers....err...i mean jonathon

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 12:07 AM   #2
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Exclamation Thats whats wrong w/ my TV!!!!!!!!!!

THATS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW I know why my TV keeps turning itself on and off in my livingroom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wondering...should i call the TV repair guy, or Ghostbusters!!!!!!!!
/creepy music in background/......

WHO YA GONNA CALL?????????
Ya, thats freaky. Hang some garlic over your bed....
OH! Or is that only for wearwolves?

Maybe they are trying to tell you that you need to go into Stereo repair, or become a rock star! If you go into stereo repair, lemme know. The stereo in Topless has been screwed up for almost 3 months now and I spend about 95% of the time driving TUNELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 12:12 AM   #3
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Default Re: Thats whats wrong w/ my TV!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Topless In Texas
Wondering...should i call the TV repair guy, or Ghostbusters!!!!!!!!
hehe...yea, lets get bill murray and dan ackroyd to do electronics work...

there must be a perfectly easy explination for it, its just that none of us are electricians...lol...maybe if i knew a little more about the insides of the thing, id know whats up with it.. ?

-jonathon

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Old 07-26-2002, 12:30 AM   #4
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

we have a new dump truck at work when i was on 3rd shift, well when i opened up on sunday night it was sitting there just fine, about 4 hour's later the turn signal was blinking , it not only happened once, but twice, wierd.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 01:05 AM   #5
0h n0 5.0
Registered Member

Dan Akroyd:
"do you hear strange noises in the middle of the night?

Harold Ramis:
do you experiance feelings of dread in in your basement or attic?

Bill Murray:
have you or a loved one seen or experianced a spook, spectre or ghost?

Dan Akroyd:
if you have, then don't wait another minute. pick up your phone and call...

all 3:
Ghostbusters!!

Dan Akroyd:
our staff is on hand 24 hours a day to handle all of your supernatural exterminate needs.

all 3:

we're READY TO BELEIVE YOU!!

ya set me up an I had to run with it..

1994 GT 5.0l
0h n0 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 01:07 AM   #6
jj_jonathon
Trisket

lmao...n1...

but truthfully, i am hoping someone on this forum will be able to tell me whats going on...lol

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics

Old 07-26-2002, 01:25 AM   #7
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Was there any lightning in the area when it happened? Is it really humid?
These things can make electronics act funny. A lightning storm can be miles away but have enough static electricity in the air to make things do weird things...
Old 07-26-2002, 02:28 AM   #8
Kamaro Killer
Mustang Enthusiast

Default you hit the nail on the head with this one

I moved into a new house this month. Everyday when I leave for work I lock my room door from the outside with a key. When I get home at 6:00 at night my stereo is on and the door's locked! I always leave the controller for the stereo on my desk, so it's not me. I live in California, I can't even remember the last time it rained here, let alone a lightning storm That's just too funny that a thread like this was started as this is just happening to me
Kamaro Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 03:06 AM   #9
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Ah yes...Another one of my main intrests...The supernatural. Not to say, Johnathon, that you problems are caused by such, but sounds interesting none the less. Electrical equipment can do wierd things though....Now if you start blowing light bulbs alot, with no apparent electrical problem, have sudden "Static", and having roaming cold spots...Then you might want to call Dan Akroid, and Bill Murray.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 03:41 AM   #10
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Quote:
Originally posted by joe4speed
Was there any lightning in the area when it happened? Is it really humid?
These things can make electronics act funny. A lightning storm can be miles away but have enough static electricity in the air to make things do weird things...
well considering i live in florida....hehe....not only tourist capital, but lightning capital....and come to think of it...this last time the weather was being crappy all night...thundering most of the night (*cough* i was up til 6 *cough*)....and its always humid...its 90 here at night...lol...that could be a good point..

course i dont remember what the conditions were all the other times...but as i said, i live in florida, so it wouldnt surprise me if thats what causes most of it...

thanks joe! heh...now we dont have to worry about those ghostbusters....unless i get "roaming cold spots" with em next time....hehe

-jonathon

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics

Old 07-26-2002, 06:00 AM   #11
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by Mercury
Ah yes...Another one of my main intrests...The supernatural.
Why am I not the LEAST bit surprised?

I believe in ghosts bc I can't prove they do/don't exist, but I don't think they're messing with yer electronics. Maybe you should call an electrician to check things out. DO NOT ask your dad to fiddle with it He'll break out the Craftsmen toolbox, and you can kiss your circuits good bye
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 08:25 AM   #12
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Default Re: Thats whats wrong w/ my TV!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Topless In Texas
THATS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW I know why my TV keeps turning itself on and off in my livingroom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wondering...should i call the TV repair guy, or Ghostbusters!!!!!!!!
/creepy music in background/......

WHO YA GONNA CALL?????????
Ya, thats freaky. Hang some garlic over your bed....
OH! Or is that only for wearwolves?

Maybe they are trying to tell you that you need to go into Stereo repair, or become a rock star! If you go into stereo repair, lemme know. The stereo in Topless has been screwed up for almost 3 months now and I spend about 95% of the time driving TUNELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TNT

So, do we start to call u "Tuneless In Texas"?

I had "supernatrual beings in my house as a kid, it was just usally little thigs like laying a necklce on the desk, and the next day, it would be in a knot. This happend everyday, till I started putting it in a drawer. Before us, there was a whole family that died in the house, exept the son, who died later, somewhere else. They were all sick.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 12:13 PM   #13
5.0L_Of_Fury
Registered Member

Default May Have The Answer

Alot of pioneer electronics have a built in alarm clock that when it trips it slowly turns the volume up till you wake up and turn it off or if the stereo is on it will make it louder than it currently is playing at...get your hand book for it and look into it...(same thing happened to one of my friends is how figured it out...he thought he was haunted too)
No Substitute For Cubic Inches!
BURN EM UP
fivepointzero@kytnar.org

"Give 'Er Hell"
"They Call It Minute Rice..Gee Are Those Actually Track Times?"
Firemen: We Find 'Em Hot And Leave 'Em Wet"
Rice Haters Club Member #23 (GM Ricer Fads)
Gotta Love Hatin 'Em
CLUTCHES,FUEL PUMP RELAYS,FOUR CYLINDERS
5.0L_Of_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 12:13 PM   #14
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Quote:
Originally posted by jj_jonathon

well considering i live in florida....hehe....not only tourist capital, but lightning capital....and come to think of it...this last time the weather was being crappy all night...thundering most of the night (*cough* i was up til 6 *cough*)....and its always humid...its 90 here at night...lol...that could be a good point..

course i dont remember what the conditions were all the other times...but as i said, i live in florida, so it wouldnt surprise me if thats what causes most of it...

thanks joe! heh...now we dont have to worry about those ghostbusters....unless i get "roaming cold spots" with em next time....hehe

-jonathon
Even so, it's still more fun to think you have a few ghosts visiting ya!