MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-04-2002, 07:53 AM   #1
explicitone
Registered Member

Default chi town area state cop alert

I dont know how many of you guys have had a run with these guys, theres a siver z28 cop car, a gold ss , and 2 cobras ones black and the other one is red and patrol up and down I90 from chi town to rockford and i have heard of then trying to get people to race so they can bust them. and or just to trap people into speeding.

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
explicitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 08:05 AM   #2
Stang Runner
Registered Member

Thx for the heads Up I go down there from time to time.
Engine: steel mounts, Under drive pulleys, K&N, GT-40 Intake ported Lower, No power steering, No A/C, Mac cold intake, 65MM TB, 255 Fuel pump, 24's, AFR 165 58cc, Rocker Arms 1.7with the stock Cam, 1 5/8 short headers, offRoad X-pipe
Drive Train: 3.55, T-5 with a Pro 5.0 shifter
12.656@107.71MPH See It at www.T-racing.com/mustang.htm
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 12:09 PM   #3
todd95GT
Registered Member

Come on will ya? They aren't out there trying to entrap people into racing for Christ's sake. It happens to be easier to catch people being stupid when you're not in a marked cruiser.

Oh wait...it's easier to just keep thinking that cops are only out there to harass, intimidate, and entrap people.
Old 05-04-2002, 01:08 PM   #4
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by todd95GT
Oh wait...it's easier to just keep thinking that cops are only out there to harass, intimidate, and entrap people.
Of course, Todd, don't you remember that mandatory 8 week course, "How to solicit drag races, and then bust them if you lose", that all cops have to take???

What were you thinking?

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 02:39 PM   #5
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Quote:
Come on will ya? They aren't out there trying to entrap people into racing for Christ's sake. It happens to be easier to catch people being stupid when you're not in a marked cruiser.

Hey smart guy. They don't need Camaro SS's or Mustang Cobra's to be unmarked. Sounds like a completely legitimate complaint about entrapment to me. There is no justifiable reason for the cops to be driving around $30,000+ unmarked very high performance cars. Especially when the Cobra's aren't even available with an automatic.

Translation. Those police are more than likely breaking the law by entrapment.

Have a nice day.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 05:28 PM   #6
Jeb_Bush_2000
Registered Member

There's a modified red GT that cruises Rt. 3 in southern New Hampshire that does the exact same thing. I hear they bust a lot of people that are on their way to Epping.

I also hear a lot of those tickets are dismissed...
Jeb_Bush_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 07:07 PM   #7
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Well, it's pretty obvious entrapment so anybody who fights the ticket should have it thrown out right away. It does give people a little shot of fear, and it also makes a lot of money off the people who don't know their rights.

Basically, in cross-eyed law enforcement in this country, the ends justifies the means.
Old 05-06-2002, 11:59 PM   #8
explicitone
Registered Member

Todd95gt
Im not coplaining Im trying to help people from getting busted cause if there like me I dont drive slow on the highway

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
Old 05-09-2002, 02:16 AM   #9
todd95GT
Registered Member

Default Re: chi town area state cop alert

Quote:
Originally posted by explicitone
theres a siver z28 cop car, a gold ss , and 2 cobras ones black and the other one is red
Unit, those sound pretty unmarked to me, uh...smart guy.

And look up entrapment by the way.
Old 05-09-2002, 02:19 AM   #10
todd95GT
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by explicitone
Todd95gt
Im not coplaining Im trying to help people from getting busted cause if there like me I dont drive slow on the highway
My apologies to you explicitone if I took your post the wrong way.

Personally, I was involved in the pursuit of a young man who took two shots at a fellow officer. You may have seen it on Cops two Saturdays ago when they were in Palm Beach County. My 2001 Crown Vic would not break 130. So yes, it would have been nice to have the 300+ horsepower of the Z28. Some people would just rather not see law enforcement have anything to it's advantage.
Old 05-09-2002, 08:51 AM   #11
Stang Runner
Registered Member

As cars get faster and faster the cop cars need to keep Up I realy dont see any thing Wrong with a SS cop car or a stang for that matter I am all for them getting the Bad Guys that Runthey are tying to save lives and end a chase. A few years ago I got pulled over For A Fast Takeoff (hehe) I was not speeding took to 55Mph and then I look back and see a cop car Flying up on me I pulled over before he got up to me and waited I knew he was going for me the frist thing he said was I bet you ddi not see me setting there I looked at him and said no..... well he ran the plates and all. Came back and told me to Take it Ez he thought I was runing from him.. he was nice about it gave me a waring I have to tell you that realy help me out... I have tuned it down a notch... well I told some people and they were like WHY did you not run I am sure you could have lost him!!!took a few side roads and lost him before he got to close to you.....I was man is that realy what you would do....... sorry to say they said hell ya I did it Last week........ well they are not really friends they were some years ago tho.... I was like How smart is that even if they dont get you they will see you diving a go after you... Mom works for the city on a few Bords and cop stop in all the time by here I am sure most of them know I live here or and here alot. If those people Run Only because they think they have a fast car and can get away I say Run them Down with somthing that they will not out run and lock them Up!!!! do they will not cuase a Crash some other time or hurt some one.
Engine: steel mounts, Under drive pulleys, K&N, GT-40 Intake ported Lower, No power steering, No A/C, Mac cold intake, 65MM TB, 255 Fuel pump, 24's, AFR 165 58cc, Rocker Arms 1.7with the stock Cam, 1 5/8 short headers, offRoad X-pipe
Drive Train: 3.55, T-5 with a Pro 5.0 shifter
12.656@107.71MPH See It at www.T-racing.com/mustang.htm
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 06:22 PM   #12
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Entrapment: To lure into performing a previously or otherwise uncontemplated illegal act.

In other words, if the cop is acting like he wants to race, that's entrapment.

The idea police need faster cars to pursue has been addressed, and most intellegent departments have come to the conclusion under almost all circumstances high speed pursuits are NOT warranted, are dangerous, and disrespectful for the people who's lives they put in danger. Under most circumstances shooting at an officer while in a high speed pursuit should get a helicopter out there real quick. You keep police informed where the car is headed, and you set up spike strips or barricades, etc. Most criminals flee at dangerous speeds to avoid being captured by high speed following officers and police get gun ho and follow until there is a catastophic result. If police slow down their chase speeds, criminals are lulled into a sense of false security. You may have 20 squads waiting for him up the road.

I really feel bad your car topped out at 130mph on public roads in a high speed pursuit. You definately needed that extra $15k of tax payer money so you could do a completely uncontrollable 160mph. Might want to think twice about that. You're still mortal and one wrong twitch and you're gonna die, probably take some innocent bystanders with you. I don't really like the idea of cops flying through my neighborhood at 160mph. If cars that'll do over 130mph are needed, there are a hell of a lot cheaper ways to get it than an SS or Cobra. Police already have advantages. Air support, numbers, radios, roadblock equipment, and other resources. I have no desire to see tax dollars being irresponsibly splurged away on cool cars.
Old 05-10-2002, 12:43 AM   #13
explicitone
Registered Member

todd95gt this is not geared to you but I hate cops well the one around here atleast back in nov. my other 87Lx fell to a hit and run. and a week after my friend seen the car parked on on the street 2 blocks down so I called the cop that had done the report and told him that we found the car that hit me and where it is well we went over there and waited 4 1/2 hours no cop so I called the station and they said they would send some one right over waited 2 more hours and no one showed so I drive home and I get pulled over for haveing no front plate but the front plate is in the window he said its not on the outside of the car so I asked as nice as I could way does it have to be on the outside of the car when you can see it better where it isso he gave a ticket and since I asked him the question he got mad and gave me another ticket for no seat belt even though he was standing right there when i took it off to get my ins. card out of the gove box .... not to metion chi-town cops I have been with people that the cop broke there tail light to give them a ticket these taillights were from japan off a limited edtion car that cost him almost 500$ hes into imports ........ And dont get me wrong the cops on the highway will race you but if they lose they pull you over as far as I know just one of them does this and thats the one in the red cobra I never heard of any of the others doing this but if he wins he just slows down and shows his badge and yells slow down
wtf is going on when cops break the law more then we do and most of the time they get away with it...........sorry so long had to tell my story

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
Old 05-10-2002, 02:02 PM   #14
digital3.3

the cops here in vancouver use subaru impreza's and the ricer kids think they have someone to challenge, they start reving the engine and bolt from the light and and a undercover cop nails 'em. been alot accidents from these kids smacking up their cars and its starting to work there seems to be more racing on the track and less on busy streets. (the cops are the ones that help at the track setting up the races and making sure we get the booking of the track.)
Old 05-10-2002, 07:32 PM   #15
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302
I really feel bad your car topped out at 130mph on public roads in a high speed pursuit. You definately needed that extra $15k of tax payer money so you could do a completely uncontrollable 160mph. Might want to think twice about that. You're still mortal and one wrong twitch and you're gonna die, probably take some innocent bystanders with you. I don't really like the idea of cops flying through my neighborhood at 160mph. If cars that'll do over 130mph are needed, there are a hell of a lot cheaper ways to get it than an SS or Cobra. Police already have advantages. Air support, numbers, radios, roadblock equipment, and other resources. I have no desire to see tax dollars being irresponsibly splurged away on cool cars.
That makes total sense. By reading between the lines, one can come to the perfect solution to end all of this, thanks to you!

Outlaw all street driven cars that can exceed 70 mph!

Boy, that was easy! You're a genius!

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 05-10-2002, 08:14 PM   #16
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD

That makes total sense. By reading between the lines, one can come to the perfect solution to end all of this, thanks to you!

Outlaw all street driven cars that can exceed 70 mph!

Boy, that was easy! You're a genius!

Take care,
-Chris
No, you just make me look like one with your ridiculous comments. Kiss mine. You can open up your wallet and fork over a few grand so a cop can drive a limited edition, expensive high performance sports car. Btw, his Crown Vic does 130. So he can effectively keep up to another car doing 130mph. Thanks to me a piece of reason has been inserted. Maybe when some arrogant adrenaline pumping cop runs a few of your cats over in the middle of a high speed pursuit, you'll have a change of heart? High speed pursuits are almost NEVER prudent.
Old 05-10-2002, 08:44 PM   #17
PKRWUD

The only way a cop, or anyone else, could run over one of my cats would be to drive through my house. Unlikely, and virtually impossible due to the surrounding landscaping, but still food for thought.

The point you were dragging out seemed hellbent on preventing the solution, rather than the cause.

Quote:
You definately needed that extra $15k of tax payer money so you could do a completely uncontrollable 160mph. Might want to think twice about that. You're still mortal and one wrong twitch and you're gonna die, probably take some innocent bystanders with you. I don't really like the idea of cops flying through my neighborhood at 160mph.
But it's okay for untrained citizens? At least the cops would have undertaken driving courses, and I am yet to see or hear about any 160 mph pursuit in a residential neighborhood. You must live on a really long, straight street.

Quote:
Police already have advantages. Air support, numbers, radios, roadblock equipment, and other resources.
You make it sound like a competition. If some idiot is stupid enough to drive that fast on the same roads and highways that I do, I want the cops to have every advantage possible when it comes to stopping them. In my world, the cops and I are on the same side.

Quote:
I have no desire to see tax dollars being irresponsibly splurged away on cool cars.
I can't speak for the mid-west, as I only lived there for six months, but when the California Highway Patrol purchased Z28's, and later Mustangs, for patrolling, high speed tickets (over 100 mph) actually dropped. Not because the CHP couldn't catch them, but because fewer idiots tried driving that fast on public roads. The few extra dollars it takes for them to buy a few modified production vehicles is, dollar for dollar, the best money spent. You could buy 10 Cobras for the money it costs to use air support for one month. The Cobras would last longer, too.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 05-10-2002, 09:40 PM   #18
MiracleMax
Registered Member

Quote:

My apologies to you explicitone if I took your post the wrong way.

Personally, I was involved in the pursuit of a young man who took two shots at a fellow officer. You may have seen it on Cops two Saturdays ago when they were in Palm Beach County. My 2001 Crown Vic would not break 130. So yes, it would have been nice to have the 300+ horsepower of the Z28. Some people would just rather not see law enforcement have anything to it's advantage.
Geez this is why I would never make a good cop. I could'a been in a yugo and stopped that sucker dead!

I've never seen a car out run 300+ bullets
MiracleMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 10:56 PM   #19
0h n0 5.0
Registered Member

Quote:

Personally, I was involved in the pursuit of a young man who took two shots at a fellow officer. You may have seen it on Cops two Saturdays ago when they were in Palm Beach County. My 2001 Crown Vic would not break 130. So yes, it would have been nice to have the 300+ horsepower of the Z28.

hey, Todd95GT sounds like you need to check out our brothers at Crownvic.net for a performance upgrade for those P71's

1994 GT 5.0l
0h n0 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 12:02 PM   #20
Unit 5302
Registered Member

The police could operate air support for a year for the cost of a wrongful death lawsuit from an officer losing control in a high speed pursuit and crashing into an innocent bystander or driver.

A Mustang GT can be picked up for a little over $20k. A Mustang Cobra for $28k, a Camaro SS for about $33k. Now, does the additional 15mph top speed between the SS and the GT warrant $13k of tax payer money? Regardless, you're extremely misinformed on the subject. One of my best friends turned in a 57 page paper regarding police pursuits for graduation. He earned his 4 year criminal justice degree at St. Cloud State University in Minnesota. He'll be serving outside Phoenix, AZ this summer. His stance is very much the same as mine on high speed pursuits. They are almost never warranted, and speeds of 130mph are NOT acceptable because it's just too damn dangerous for the rest of the people on the road. This is where you get those sworn to protect us, killing us. No amount of pathetic driver skill course is going to prepare you to weave traffic in a high speed pursuit at 160mph, because nobody would graduate. They would all be dead.

Also, there is a HUGE difference in owning a car capable of 160mph car and owning a car BECAUSE it can do 160mph. Most people will never bring their car up to top speed on a public road. Even less will do it when other traffic is around. The comparison between a chase at 160mph while avoiding other road hazards and somebody having the ability to do 160 are astronomical.