MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-27-2003, 06:42 AM   #1
RBatson
Registered Member

Default 390ci

I'm thinking of bidding/buying a 68 cougar with a 390. I love the 67-68 cougars and although this car isn't the color I wanted it looks to be in almost perfect shape, almost new. I always thought a hipo 289 or 302 would be perfect for this car and I do plan on driving it daily(really.. no ****). I know its worth more with the 390 (and the #s match)but I really don't care about that, I want alittle function along with the classic. Anyone have any idea what kinda gas mileage a 390 would give me?? I'm sure it isn't great... this car looks soooo perfect though. It even crossed my mind to take the motor out and bag it for now... put a 302 in it and ride.
Old 09-27-2003, 06:55 AM   #2
RBatson
Registered Member

Well ****!!!! I'm the highest bidder but it still doesn't meet his reserve!!! GRRRRRRRR.... I guess he doesn't figure I'm gonna have to come to St. Louis to pick this ***** up!
Old 09-27-2003, 04:30 PM   #3
HotRoddin
cranky old man

Default Re: 390ci

Quote:
Originally posted by RBatson
I always thought a hipo 289 or 302 would be perfect for this car and I do plan on driving it daily(really.. no ****). I know its worth more with the 390 (and the #s match)but I really don't care about that
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!
SACRILEGE !!!
Don't take the torque monster out of it!!
I'll admit the gas milage isn't gonna be that great just because of the size of it, but as far as driveability goes, thats what most full size ford products had in them for 2 decades ... if its built right there aren't any driveability issues.
That's almost as bad as these guys that put small block chevys in fords ... well ok, it's not that bad, but its still sacrilegious
HotRoddin is offline   Reply With Quote