MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-13-2001, 02:22 PM   #1
Blue88
Registered Member

Thumbs down Pet peeve - eyebrow plucking

Ladies - stop plucking out your eyebrows! More and more I see women with either half-brows (where the ends were so tapered that they didn't exist anymore) or paint-ons (where the whole thing was plucked off and had to be filled back in). They look horrible! Where did the whole eyebrow hating movement come from? Let them be!
Blue88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 02:32 PM   #2
Coupe Devil

Sensing a little pent up aggression. thats ok though. I totally agree with I just dont see the point of putting yourself through that much pain (and you know it hurts because you twitch everythime you do it ladies) and then drawing them back on. thats like a guy drawig on a mustache or a goatee. I guess its a good thing that women aren't plucking nose or ear hair and drawing that back on though. Eww thats nasty now that I think about it.

Built Ford Tough Moderator
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 03:13 PM   #3
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Would you rather them be like sasquatch, and have huge eyebrows that cover up their eyes? If they want to do it go for it. 90% of the time it looks better.
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 03:17 PM   #4
GTGrl00
Stang Chic Extraordinaire

Aw...come on guys, would you rather us run around with a unibrow or better yet with bushy furby eyebrows, I think not!

I get my brows waxed, its a much quicker and cleaner way to do your eyebrows as opposed to plucking. Wow, Blue88 are you sick of your girl doing her brows? I do have to agree with you on the plucking all your eyebrow hair out just to fill it in, makes no sense to me. Could you imagine waking up next to a girl with no eyebrows! ewwww.
GTGrl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 04:08 PM   #5
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

I've actually heard of girls getting their eyebrows waxed completely off and then having fake ones tattooed on. Now that's pathetic. What a waste of money, and pain!
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 04:12 PM   #6
89 Cobra LX
Don Corlione

Quote:
Originally posted by GTGrl00
Aw...come on guys, would you rather us run around with a unibrow or better yet with bushy furby eyebrows, I think not!
No bushy eyebrows.

And no fat chicks.
5 speed 302-Cobra Intake-GT40p heads-TFS stage 1 cam-FRPP 1.6 roller rockers-3:73 gears-KYB shocks and struts-Eibach Pro-kit-HPM Mega-bite upper and lower control arms-FRPP aluminum driveshaft-16x8 Chrome Cobra Rs

R.H.C. #14
89 Cobra LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 04:14 PM   #7
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Quote:
And no fat chicks.
Oh come on man. Fat chicks need loving too!!!

Haha...j/k....sick.....
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 04:21 PM   #8
Blue88
Registered Member

Default Actually, my girlfriend doesn't touch her eyebrows

Her eyebrows are just fine - not a unibrow, not half-brows, just decent-sized eyebrows. I think most women could leave their eyebrows alone and they'd be OK.

Feel free to keep plucking those chin hairs, though
Blue88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 04:22 PM   #9
Coupe Devil

Quote:
Originally posted by GTGrl00

I get my brows waxed, its a much quicker and cleaner way to do your eyebrows as opposed to plucking. Wow, Blue88 are you sick of your girl doing her brows? I do have to agree with you on the plucking all your eyebrow hair out just to fill it in, makes no sense to me. Could you imagine waking up next to a girl with no eyebrows! ewwww.
Ok so I was doing fine until the Furby part. Thats just sick and twisted. And I agree with 89 Cobra LX. No fat chicks or the truck will scrape.

Brad

Built Ford Tough Moderator
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 05:47 PM   #10
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

You people disappoint me...truly. You don't like fat chicks? Don't date them, but don't rag on them either. Why is it any of your concern anyways?

You're probably thinking, ooooo she's fat, so she's mad.

Well, I'm not now, but I was at one time, and its funny how everyone has an opinion about how someone else looks. To be honest, I didn't even realize how much it hurts until I was finally on the receiving end of mean comments, and I ruined my system trying to lose weight the wrong way to impress the wrong people. Its easy to tell someone to not pay attention, but hard to make them believe it.

Just....next time you want to make a crappy comment (I know how queer this sounds) but seriously, think about how crappy it makes them feel, especially if they were just minding their own business.

As for the eyebrow thing, many women pluck their eyebrows every day, and you don't even notice. Why? Because it looks nice. I agree about the painting them on...looks stupid and bye bye brow in the rain
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 06:26 PM   #11
GTGrl00
Stang Chic Extraordinaire

Gosh Guys...being a little harsh here aren't we? How did we go from eyebrow plucking to fat chicks? Seriously I gotta agree with Mustangbelle(hey girl how ya been?, I hardly see you here any more. ). I thought you guys here were above all that BS. I mean everyone has a right to their own opinion and prefrence, but keep in mind who's feelings you might be hurting.
GTGrl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 06:50 PM   #12
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Don't classify me in this. I love fat chicks. My bumber sticker says I honk for fat chicks. And the harrier the better. lol There just joking. I have nothing agaist fat woman, apparently studies show they are better in bed. Never tried it though. As for the eyebrow thing, I am not a big fan of them totally gone but I'm just glad I am not a girl so I don't go threw the pain that they go threw to make themselves look good for guys.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 07:04 PM   #13
Mustangmom2k
Registered Member

Default Re: Pet peeve - eyebrow plucking

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue88
...Where did the whole eyebrow hating movement come from? Let them be!
From the 40s!

Women gotta do what women gotta do to get respect and avoid criticism, at almost any cost. That criticism comes from both men AND other women, so most gals are trying to literally please EVERYBODY! It is a hopeless endeavor.

Big butt, little butt; big boobs, little boobs; tall, short; fat chicks, skinny chicks; blonde, brunette, whatever. Everybody has a comment no matter what you do.
Best ET-13.587 @100.63 Best RT .500 (really!)
------ 234 RWHP 279 RWTQ
GirlsCanToo Oct. Mare of the Month

Son #1 - '87 GT 331 stroker and 03 Cobra Son #2 - '89 LX 5.0 stock notchback and 89 LX hatchback w/lots of goodies
Mustangmom2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 07:07 PM   #14
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Default Re: Re: Pet peeve - eyebrow plucking

Quote:
Originally posted by Mustangmom2k
From the 40s!

Women gotta do what women gotta do to get respect and avoid criticism, at almost any cost. That criticism comes from both men AND other women, so most gals are trying to literally please EVERYBODY! It is a hopeless endeavor.

Big butt, little butt; big boobs, little boobs; tall, short; fat chicks, skinny chicks; blonde, brunette, whatever. Everybody has a comment no matter what you do.

A-freekin-MEN!!! Especially when dudes hear about you having a Mustang, and the first they ask about you is if you're cute, not if you're fast, or do your own work...
Old 12-13-2001, 09:34 PM   #15
OnMy3rdStang
Registered Member

I think it would be funny to pour water on a girl that shaved off her eyebrows and drew themback in. Hahhahaha
Old 12-13-2001, 09:48 PM   #16
TXinPA
Registered Member

who cares what the world thinks, just look the way you want to look, unless you are a stud in a rug that dances to disco with bowlegged babes...... with painted on eyebrows, a slab of warpaint ...aka. makeup... and you drive a chevette with a bumper sticker that says honk if you love your toupee.

my new pet peev= people who pluck boogers from their snout in plain sight, and then look at them before wipeing them on a doorknob

ok, time to go take my pills...........
TXinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 10:17 PM   #17
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Everyone has there right to their opinion, and the way they want to look, act or go appon in there life. I say to alot of people that complain about me. If you don't like me then go **** yourself 'cause I don't care. This is me and I'm not here to impress anyone.

Also sorry if I offended anyone.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 10:59 PM   #18
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Nah I totally agree with you guys. That's my point...love yourself...and don't be like me and let the a$$holes get to you.

I mean, besides the emotional part...what's so funny about saying a fat chick makes the truck scrape? #1, how would you know and #2, how is that humorous? I mean, if you actually have someone in your truck that makes it scrape, obviously you did a sh!tty job lowering the POS, or you got your goat/sheep/pig out in the bed Personally I think it's retarded high school humor. Right up there with the yo momma jokes and you know you're a redneck
Old 12-13-2001, 11:21 PM   #19
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Either that, or he's a fat *** and two really fat people in the same truck cause issues?

Girls move up and down as far as appearance to me based a LOT on how much I like their personality. Generally the first thing you see is a persons physical appearance, unless you're on the net, or on the phone, etc. I was talking to a girl online some months ago, I had no idea she would be such a hottie when I first saw her pic. I'm sure liking her as a person made her even cuter, but the bottom line is, if I didn't get to know her as a person, I might not think she's was as cute as she was to me.

I would say there IS a lot you can tell about a person in their everyday appearance, but making such a hard and fast stand on a particular physical attribute certainly limits your ability to find somebody you really like.

The redneck jokes are still funny, if you see these people in person.

IE You might be a redneck if you use the cigarette wrapper as dental floss. (I've seen this done. Definate redneck behavior)
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 12:42 PM   #20
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Personally, I prefer thin (but natural - not painted) eyebrows to thick ones on ladies, which is what 'Mrs. 5.0' maintains, so all is well in our house on that important area of facial grooming.

As for the 'fat chicks' issue; I find it's easier to simply accept people the way they are, including fat women, bald men, whatever, and I make it a point to never, ever comment on anyones appearance. Saves a lot of hurt and hassle on both ends and frankly, someones weight is really not my concern. I assume that a fat guy or girl has a mirror and a scale and they know exactly how heavy they are and how they look. My comments are not necessary.

I do feel bad for some really obese women I've worked with (400 - 500 pounds) as I know that they'll have serious joint and heart problems by the time they hit 40. Still, it's not my place to comment on it. I'm not their doctor.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote