MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2002, 09:37 PM   #12
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Maybe you guys don't have the same viewpoint I do. Here in Minnesota, they are cracking down on snowmobiles like nobody's business. According to the complaints, they are too loud, too dangerous, and too dirty. Their use has been banned in my city, and neighboring cities. Most of the people complaining are wealthy incoming population from the urban area's. There were 31 complaints here in the city of Champlin. That was enough to ban snowmobiling. There are 1400 registered snowmobiles. The 31 complaints came from like 7 people. The police were in favor of it because they couldn't catch a snowmobiler who tries to flee. It had NEVER happened, but it could.

There is a current DNR crackdown on ATV's in northern Minnesota. Sponsered by wealthy land owners moving into the more reclusive area's, the crackdown destroys recreation for an already crushed community ripped apart by layoffs, mine closings, and businesses leaving. Property values skyrocket as the rich jackasses fight for prime country real estate in northern Minnesota. They come in, and land value gets so high people are forced to leave their homes. Many small businesses shut down because of the lack of constant customer basis.

A crackdown on speeding is most definately in force. Law enforcement agencies have learned they can come up with terrific revenue by pulling people over non-stop. The crackdown gets worse and worse as people slow down. Now they pull you over for under 5mph over the limit in some cases. They are running out of suckers, so they have to change the rules to keep making the quota. My city of 20,000 people has 3 completely unmarked squads that park in driveways, on the shoulder with the lights out, anything possible to bust a speeder. A navy blue Ford Taurus, a white Grand Am, and a silver Crown Vic are the weapons of choice.

Studs on snowmobiles were banned, then brought back in under a law that allows limited useage for an additional registration fee. The poor snow seasons, and restrictions, including the EPA's bullshit statistics are crippling the snowmobile industry, one of the few places to work in northern Minnesota left.

Personal watercraft came under gross attack by the DNR. Access restrictions, wake restrictions, speed restrictions. The industry is dying or dead here because of fishermen, and wealthy yacht clubbers. What right do those idiots have to the waters that the rest of the people don't?

Restictions on construction, like low income housing, and urban sprawl initiatives have resulted in SKYROCKETING home prices, and rent prices up 30% over the last 2-3 years. Increases in taxes, subsidies to farmers for ethanol, and other spending keeps Minnesota amongst the 3 highest taxed states in the United States. Where it used to be justified, with a laid back, recreational funhouse, now it's a militant crackdown on everything in sight.

I'm sick and fricken tired of it. Seems as though they pass these restrictions and laws one at a time in huge bills with one tiny line dedicated to "PS, you can't own a Mustang in the state of MN"

As far as me being out of line for calling somebody an idiot, he was the one that took what I said and insulted me by manipulating it. Along with his insults from another topic, and his comment that I (part of society) need to be controlled by people like him. Burns me to no end.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote