MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2003, 04:38 AM   #1
84_GT350
Registered Member

Default How messed up is this?

I decided to come back home from college for the weekend because...let's face it...there isn't much to do in Pittsburg, KS. The drive home is about 2 hours along I-69 (the entire trip is almost all 2 lanes). I came up on a Mazda 626 doing about 65mph (the limit) and I usually cruise at about 75mph. So I followed him about a car length and a half then looking for a chance to pass him. Now 69 hwy is pretty dangerous...a lot of wrecks and whatnot so it's always good to be careful there. I finally saw a chance to pass where I saw a car about 3/4 of a mile away in the opposite lane (keep in mind I was driving my '01 Slownoma). So I flip on my blinker and proceed to try and pass the guy. Apparently he took offense to that and began to speed up. I figured ok...no big deal...so I start to break. Problem...so did he...the whole time giving me the finger. By this point the car is too close for comfort so I slammed on the brakes and swerved back over into my lane before he could brake but, with the oh-so-reliable GM engineering I spun out off the shoulder and into the grass. So did the guy coming the other way since he swerved to miss me. He got out and started cursing and yelling until I explained what happened and then he started swearing and cursing about the other guy. Good thing I got his license plate number and had my cell phone . I saw him about 1/2 and hour later on the side of the road with a state trooper behind him. I mean...seriously...he could have killed me and the other driver and why...cuz he didn't want to get passed? I ask you...WTF?
1984 1/2 GT350 (#842 Hatchback w/ T-tops)
84_GT350 is offline   Reply With Quote