MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-16-2001, 07:57 PM   #21
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by Rebel79
Thanks guys! Our very own member, PGkelly, drew that for me a while back and did a GREAT JOB!

Yeah the '88' is bite marks and blood. Kinda hard to tell, but you get the idea.

Here is the original:

I just cleaned it up a bit in PhotoShop to remove the smudge marks and eraser burns, and added the color!

HAHA I thought I saw that in Phil's sketchbook a few weeks ago, but didn't know it was a tattoo prototype. Pretty neat, I know about 5 peeps in TX with the cobra, and 2 from back home. Popular tat thats for sure but can't say I blame em, its a beautiful design. Looks good.
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2001, 08:02 PM   #22
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

I, too was considering a tattoo, but I don't think I'd like anything permanently engraved on my body, and I was always basically told that "nice ladies" don't get inked. They can look nice on guys, if they are tasteful.

I remember the most annoying tattoo I ever saw was on a fat hairy guy's belly, and it was a naked chick spreadeagled, and his bellybutton was her kitty Yeah, I want my kids to see that on their father's stomach riiiiiiight...
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2001, 08:08 PM   #23
PGkelly
Registered Member

glad to see you finally got it done, and it looks really good!

hooray! recognition!

AOL: MCVillain45
PGkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2001, 08:20 PM   #24
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

That is a very cool design.....very tasteful for a tatoo....

I'm going to draw up a picture of an "S" in flames (S as in Schmitt--my last name) that I'm going to have tatooed onto my upper arm/shoulder area. I thought about getting one on the side of my calf muscle, but I like the arm idea better. I have chicken legs, but my arms are pretty big, so I think my upper arm would be a better decision.
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 02:27 AM   #25
PKRWUD

Scott-
Don't skimp on the cocoa butter!

My bat wings/ skull / pistons tat was my own design that I had done in the mid to late 80's. My Harley tat was done at the oldest tattoo parlor in the U.S. (near the Navy base in Long Beach) about 10 years ago. Both of them still raise up when it gets cold or I get nervous. My ex called them my braile tattoos.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 02:28 AM   #26
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Got any pics of them PKRWUD?
Old 12-17-2001, 04:42 AM   #27
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Quote:
Cool tat. I've kinda always wanted one of the runnin horse with the red, white, and blue bar through the middle. You know like the emblems that are on the side a V-6 Mustangs.
Those come on the 60's mustangs, not just the v6 mustangs.

Quote:
I, too was considering a tattoo, but I don't think I'd like anything permanently engraved on my body, and I was always basically told that "nice ladies" don't get inked. They can look nice on guys, if they are tasteful.
Not true, it's when they over do it. I think everyone should have a tattoo, it's part of your persanlity. I want one, just haven't got one yet. I was thinking of putting one of skin pealing off and a brick wall under the skin on my upper arm.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 10:26 AM   #28
Rebel79
News Editor

Quote:
Originally posted by Mustangbelle306
My girl has a tattoo of a beautiful butterfuly below her waist line, by her hip. That was a mistake for her. I'm sure she would have gotten something she liked if she didn't make the decision so spontaneously.

I think only some tats on chicks are tasteful. The design has to be small and of intellignent taste. My sis has a tinkerbell on her back above her butt, but its evil so it suits her. Plus she used to look like Tink so its all good. Nothing is worse than having a tattoo for no reason or having one that does not suit you.

Chris,

Wha?? Cocoa butter?

Interesting tatts, I saw your pics over on SN last week, very nice! But I have a ?... It is normal to have the tattoo raised a bit for a few days right? Mine is rasied, and is still very tender where the first night it didn't hurt a bit. I'm still trying to keep it lubricated with cream and lotion, but its kinda hard to apply at work.
Rebel Racing. Home of Bay Area Mustangs
Rebel79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 10:50 AM   #29
VNAMUS in VA
Registered Member

Hey Rebel! Lookin good!

Yeah your tat will be raised for a few days. Mine is slightly raised even now sometimes and I got it 2 yrs ago. Put neosporian (sp?) on it for the first day only, then slather on the cocoa butter lotion. Palmer's is what I used. Keep it on there for at least two weeks to be safe. That will prevent your colors from fading and drying out.

...I have a tattoo, and I'm a nice girl......I have japanese kanji meaning jewel on my left upper arm...it's only 1" big...I need more...they're definetly addictive!
Old 12-17-2001, 10:58 AM   #30
gt lee

I agree with the fact that a women if she wants a tattoo it should be in good taste. I have one on my right thigh its a small rose w/a butterfly landing on it I have had it for about 15yrs now and I am not sorry it took me a long time to dicide what I wanted and made sure it was tasteful. So in respect to nice women having tatoos, there is nothing wrong with it as long as it is tasteful. I have seen some real grossed out women with them all over thereselves and I agree it is awful. So you should be careful and be sure that it is what you want.
Old 12-17-2001, 11:57 AM   #31
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Thumbs up

nice tat rebel, i have 8 -dam- navy but they are all about 20 or more years old now and starting to bleed together, so i wont get anymore, like i need another one? it is a sharp one though.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 03:57 PM   #32
PKRWUD

Scott-
Cocoa butter is the lotion of choice for the week following new ink. Trust me on this one.

6T9-
Yeah, I have these two;

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 06:24 PM   #33
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Rebel thats one sweet tatoo. PKRWUD that tatoo with the skull and the pistons is sweet too. i wanna get one of the tribal designs around my upper arm. I got a henna one (don't laugh) last summer in Mexico and it looked bada**. Im only 17 so i probably wont get one until later but i want one

later
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 08:10 PM   #34
Rebel79
News Editor

Chris,

Seeing that 1st tattoo reminds me of Metallica for some reason.
Rebel Racing. Home of Bay Area Mustangs
Rebel79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 08:18 PM   #35
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

PKRWUD- Those are cool man.

I really think it's cool when people design their own tattoos instead of just picking one out of a book that other people have bought and got put on them.

I am designing my first tattoo, and if I get more than just that one, I will design the next one(s) also.
Old 12-17-2001, 10:35 PM   #36
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Well hell ok quess it wasn't an 88. I can see it better in the drawing. I like those bite marks.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 10:52 PM   #37
rbatson

Rebel, does this mean you are keeping the cobra? I thought I saw you post that you were getting rid of the cobra..

Oh and nice tat
Old 12-17-2001, 11:19 PM   #38
gt lee

Thumbs up

Hey Rebel, thats cool sorry I didn't mention that earlier got on the subject of women, wow I can remember the redness of mine its on my thigh, very feminine spelled wrong oh well, and pkrwud yours is really cool to. Wish I could show mine but need a camera oh well thats another subject.
Old 12-18-2001, 09:24 AM   #39
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

When ever I get one, I'll make sure to take a pic of it and post it. I only want one or two tats.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote