MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-01-2002, 05:14 PM   #1
Kevin Price
Registered Member

Unhappy Sold My Car!!

That's right, sold my 89 GT. I'm tired of this Mustang crap once and for all. I'm buying a Camaro.......just kidding, partly.

No really, sold my 89 GT body and rear and bought a 2001 body for my next project. Kept my motor and trans and some other odds and ends.

Just got back from HP Motorsports in Omaha where I dropped the car off. There they will be installing a complete 4-link back half enabling me to run a 31 x 15 x 15. Also, sheet metal doors (inner) and lexan windows and a full 12-point chromoly cage, parachute, and 9 inch rear.

Before leaving for Omaha I installed a D&D Motorsport k-member, a-arms, coil overs, and caster/camber plates.

Should have her back in mid February where I will then wire the car and have it painted Mineral Gray (dark charcoal). Also thinking about some "Mach 1" black stripes below the doors, somewhat like the Mach 1 Ford had in MM&FF. I can't wait!!!!

I will post some pics of before and after, should be interesting!

On my trip to Livonia, MI to pick the car up I got to meet both Dan and Darius, way cool meeting those guys. Dan took me for a ride in his Lightning and I was waaaay impressed. Those things rock.

Anyway, check out this video (BELOW) of my 89's best quarter mile pass at 9.78 smoking a Camaro. Let off about 400 feet before the end or would have been faster (still kicking myself!!)

Take care all!

VIDEO OF MY CAR

My Car
Kevin Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2002, 05:21 PM   #2
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Thumbs up

kevin sounds good,did the 01 have the stock hood scoop on it? if so do you want to sell the scoop? let me know,good luck with your project . should be one b.a. stang

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2002, 05:24 PM   #3
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

What prompted the change to teh 2001 body? You just got done with the 89 and now you sold it. You must like just building cars. How long do you think it will take you to complete the 2001. At the least the 2001 shold have better aerodynamics the the old(brick) 89.

P.S. Never, ever lift.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2002, 05:36 PM   #4
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Yeah there are tons of fox bodies out there running blazing speeds but not near as many of the new body style, it should definitely turn heads.

There are two guys aroung here that have done similar things with the 94-98 body style but then they put 460's in them a chevy 454 bored to a 460... ....
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2002, 05:36 PM   #5
Kevin Price
Registered Member

I believe the car was destined to become a Bullitt as there was a tag hanging in the car that said "Bullitt". The hood did not come with the scoop although it is drilled for one. I plan on getting a Cobra R lift off with the scoop also, should look cool.

TIREBURNER: You pose the same question many people have (I must seem a bit nuts!). The reason is I was going to have to have the 89' backhalved eventually. Also, there were some things I wish I would have done differently with that car. It was primarily a street car and with the motor I have streeting really doesn't appeal to me all that much.

I picked up the body, skirts, and bumper covers for $1600 which was very reasonable. I thought it was an excellent base to start with rather than having to dissamble one and start from scratch. I have done that and it takes a long time. I plan on having the car done by April for sure.

I do enjoy building cars but am opting to farm some of the work out on this one, primarily the chassis work as I simply don't have the time anymore and I want to race all of next seaon. I will be wiring the car and do some prep work prior to painting. Plus installing all other components such as motor, interior, guages, etc.

My Car
Old 01-01-2002, 05:52 PM   #6
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

kevin if you have time, or even feel like it could you get me the measurements for the scoop hole's, the oo has the flat hood with the small scoop, which im sure you are aware of but if i can get the 99 -35th ann scoop i only will have to drill 2 holes,unlike the 01 which takes 11 holes, i would appreciate your effort, if not thats ok it will be awhile before i can do anything .thank's. marty

R H C- member # 1
Old 01-01-2002, 09:06 PM   #7
Kevin Price
Registered Member

Marty,

I will make a template for you using a piece of paper or cardboard and mail it to you along with some measurements. You might email me your address and I can send it to you.

My Car
Old 01-02-2002, 09:27 AM   #8
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Thumbs up

thanks kevin ,just sent it i apreciate it very much,see ya.

R H C- member # 1