MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-13-2002, 07:05 PM   #1
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Red face The most evil holiday of the year...

Well, allow me to be the first to say...one day early nontheless...Happy Valentine's Day.

On this day of days, one can observe new romances just being launched, old lovers becoming closer friends, and old friends becoming new lovers. On this day, flowers abound. The sound of singing rings through the street as those corny Valentine Sing-O-Grams deliver their messages. Cards, candy, jewelry, and kisses are merrily exchanged by those who are madly in love and by those who are just pretending to be so.

On this day, countless couples will spend a quiet hour in company with candle light and wine. Beaus will comment on how the candle's glow illuminates hair and fair skin, all-the-while the shadows dance and frolic in revelry.

On this day, untold numbers of lovers will endure the nervous silence only to hear their partner utter those fatefull words, "I do." New lives will begin together. Church bells will ring with the joy of occasion.

On this day, a great many people will revel in happiness and love, and on this day, many people will sit and wonder, "When will my time come? When will this drought end? When will my love be requited?"

I'm reminded of the great poet, John Donne, as I listen to the colloquy of the wedding bells, and I wonder for whom the bell tolls. It surely does not toll for me. Or maybe, in some strange way it does. Perhaps the un-named bells toll the breath of a promise into my heart. Perhaps the bells know that someday, I too shall feel the joy that they now express. Maybe.

Until then, I'll smile and wave as I pass in the street. I'll tell that same old line...that I'm doing fine. And I'm sure I am. However, within me there remains a silent space into which I could never thrust a lance of sound so harsh as human word. In this place lies only echos of times past and the echos of words not yet spoken. I shall not stir this sea of time, but only "whisper softly to the ghosts And linger there a moment as in prayer, Adding another to the voiceless hosts Unnumbered ages have abandoned there." (--L'Amour)

On this day, if you feel the same as I, and I know there are many who do, I have but this left to say. To quote a great author and poet:

If there is any beauty after this
Or any quiet joy, or imagery
Of happiness that we may share, then we
Must never hesitate, nor be remiss;
If in the after years the deep abyss
Of sorrow draws you close, and mournfully
The old dreams die, then you must turn to me
And to this love that needs no emphasis.

If, when tomorrow comes, the things you knew
No longer are, but like an empty town
Whose windows catch the fading sunset flame,
Your eyes reflect your loneliness, and you
Watch one by one the swifter years go down--
The turn to me, for I shall be the same.

--Louis L'Amour

"Happy" Valentine's Day.

Reflectfully,

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 07:49 PM   #2
73 Mustang Boy
Registered Member

I would just like to say Happy Valentines Day too. Tomorrow will probably be a rough day for me too. My girlfriend is 250 miles away and even though I get to talk to her every night on the phone and drive to see her every weekend it is still hard on both of us. I am very thanfull that I have her though. I hope everyone else has a great Valentines Day.
Old 02-13-2002, 08:43 PM   #3
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

I broke up with my girlfriend of 2 1/2 years last weekend. But it's ok, it was for the better. Will I be miserable on Valentine's Day and sulk in my own pity...NO. For I am a romantic. Valentine's Day was created for guys like myself. I know that someday, there will be a girl that I can spoil and love endlessly...

Valentine's Day is not a dark gloomy day, it's not a day to think of what was or what could have been.

Valentine's Day is the day when you can let it all hang out. All year, you can think of the sweetest, nicest, most romantic thing to do and on February 14, you can make some girl/guy feel so amazing that I can't even describe it with words.

Call me a sap, call me mushy, call me soft, but I think Valentine's Day is one of the best holidays during the year (next to Christmas).

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 10:32 PM   #4
lx mike
Undescribable

just another day to me.
Rice Haters Club Member #101
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 01:23 AM   #5
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

My intent was not to revel in self pity. In fact, although some days can be hard, I have a great life. I've been truly blessed in all that I have and all I've done. If my post seemed like a pity-party, I'm sorry...it was never intended to be so. It was simply meant to express what many of us, including myself feel this year.

My intention was to merely bring to light the other side of the coin. Valentine's day has two sides. There's the one we all love to experience: one filled with joy and excitment...and then there's the one that almost all of us have experienced at some point: just another day of the year with no significant other to share with.

Sure, it's great to imagine all of the wonderful things you can do to make someone feel special. I think you and I are alike in that reguards, Stang_Crazy. I LOVE to spoil that special lady. Maybe that's part of the problem. I spoil to the point that it's taken for granted. "Oh...don't worry about that...it's Nathan...of course he will do that...of course he will be there...that's just him." Sure, I do my best to help out or to be there for someone...even for very close friends, but too often in ends as an invitation to be a door mat.

Anyway, I was bored...feeling a little poetic, so I thought I'd put the turn on Valentine's day that so many people out there experience. It's nothing new, just not often expressed.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Old 02-14-2002, 12:37 PM   #6
mustangdani55
Registered Member

I would love to wish everyone HAPPY VALENTINES DAY ...
I know that there are some of us out there having really sucky Valentines day, but it is just another day. I am not saying that to be cynical. I am stating a fact. Sad but true...

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY
Old 02-14-2002, 02:09 PM   #7
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Silver Pilate. Dont take this the wrong way (I'm not hitting on you ) But that was very touching, appropriate and deep.

I would like to wish everyone a Happy Valentines Day also. I sent Marya a bouqet of flowers and ballons at work (Imagine that, how original ). When I see her Saturday (She has to do some work Early Saturday but assured me she WILL MAKE TIME for us.) I have a few little things to give her. One of them being a bottle of Wine.

I mentioned how I needed a haircut to her today, and she wants to cut my hair for me Saturday. Uh-Oh....I'm not sure what to expect. Last time a Girlfriend cut my hair, it was.....Um......Well..HOrrible. And a had a nice cut in the back of the neck that bled for a while (I think Diane was trying to kill me.). Marya assured me though she can cut hair good, She does her daughters all the time.

I cant wait for Saturday. Just because its another day I get to see her, and spend time with her. I'm not bragging, but this is the happiest Valentines day for me.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 02:21 PM   #8
Coupe Devil

Quote:
Originally posted by Mercury
I cant wait for Saturday. Just because its another day I get to see her, and spend time with her. I'm not bragging, but this is the happiest Valentines day for me.
In my best SNL church lady voice " Well isnt that special."

Ha just jokin Merc, glad its all workin out for ya. Were ya been (Oh Let me guess)? Just kiddin again. Anyway its just another day for me, just like it has been for the last 5 years. I wish all the ladies a Happy Valentines Day ( Cause sayin that to guys is just nasty). I guess I will be able to go on as a single guy a little longer but this is gettin boring.

Brad

Built Ford Tough Moderator
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 06:03 PM   #9
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Merc,

Thanks, bud. And if you ever try and hit on me...I'll drive on over and kick your....well, you know.

I hope you and Marya have a wonderful time together. I'm very happy for you and for everyone out there who has been blessed enough to have that special someone to be with today. The human relationship/courting ritual is the most complicated, confusing, and down right screwed up in all of this world. I kinda like the mating rituals of the elephant walrus; it makes things so much more simple. You can have any lady you can climb on top of and hold down

Hehe...good day all.

--nathan

Old 02-14-2002, 06:29 PM   #10
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Smile Valentines Day 2002

VALENTINES DAY POEM

for Nathan/silver_pilate

Fresh roses get wilted,
Chocolate candy adds weight.
Teddy bears are childish,
Loneliness is great!

O.K., not great but not unbearable, especially when you count your many blessings and have the assurance that - with some effort on your part - you'll also be celebrating with someone you love on another Valentine's Day, not too far away.

Happy Valentines Day to All
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 06:44 PM   #11
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Thanks Jim. It is much appreciated.

No doubt, being single has definate advantages...but then again, so does seeing someone. What really kinda sucks is that the girl I was dating not too long ago is about 20 feet away from me right now. She lives right next door. That makes it that much more difficult. We kicked off great for close to a month...I fell pretty hard, and then she threw on the breaks. She was (and is) still hung up on her ex whom she dumped about 8 months ago and didn't want to get into anything serious. "Let's just continue being friends." Go figure.

Timing has never been my strong point. I guess it wasn't meant to be, and I am over being torn up about it...we're still friends, after all, but it rankles on occasion. I gotta get out of the place more...good thing I've got Aikido tonight.

Anyway, your poem reminded me of another classic...

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may
While time is still aflying,
For that same flower that smiles today
Tomorrow will be dying.

Carpe Diem everyone.

--nathan

Old 02-14-2002, 11:30 PM   #12
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by silver_pilate
Anyway, your poem reminded me of another classic...

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may
While time is still aflying,
For that same flower that smiles today
Tomorrow will be dying.

Carpe Diem everyone.

--nathan
Nathan-

Original message received loud and clear. I happen to agree completely.

Carpe Genitalia everyone.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 03:56 AM   #13
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

I had to work!! Made 260.00 though, and work with my G/F! So all was well!!