MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-02-2002, 02:24 AM   #1
SkarodoM
Registered Member

Default Buyer Beware - Do NOT Deal with...

** This is a copy/paste from my original post here. I wouldnt post it on many boards, but he tries to sell things on several fbody/stang boards. That and the more opinions i can get regarding what i can legally do (if anything), the better. I dont post too often, so thanks for your time

Well... I'm pretty tired of waiting on my money.

Awhile back I gave a friend money for an lt1 block and a set of heads. The heads I recieved immediately, the block he said we could get later.. whatever.. didnt mind, didnt need it just yet. Lil later i say i need the block to sell it & I'm put off. Im told that its back at the shop he used to work at & had a falling out with the owner, so if i want it ill have to go convince the owner to let me in his shop & take a block from him. I convince Crooke that it'd be much easier if he rode with me out there to identify it etc. Before we head out there he tells me he wants to buy it back and use it for a 398 he's trying to put together with my old blower. Fine, Dandy, pay me.

Well over the past FIVE MONTHS I've asked once every ~3wks where my money was. Every time i've recieved a "oh yeah, ill try to get the money _____ for you." It comes as no surprise that every time this date comes and goes, there is no mention of forthcoming payment. It wouldnt bother me too much if the guy didnt ask me to come over and see his 'new 50" sony' or talk about all the computer sh*t hes bought since... or the 2nd car he bought... or the 3rd car he bought.. or the parts for the 398.. including the machinework on the block. I'd ask "hey.. remember? money?" & he'd tell me to wait or go get the block... well i've called the shop where it supposedly was & found out 2 things: 1. there was no block there, it "got gone" and 2. He still works there... so obviously he didnt lose his job b/c he missed so much work from alleged kidney stones.

A couple weeks ago I told him, this time i want a money order or cashiers check made out to me, in my hands by march 3rd. Its only a few hundred dollars.. thats easily doable.

ANYWAY, I'm going to post this on every message board I know of if i dont recieve my money tomorrow, because this guy used to & still does try to sell parts online to people.

Right now, I dont expect my money & I'm still not sure what can be done about it. Is it worth persuing this since it was a simple deal between friends & there is no real documentation of it? Unfortunatley it appears to boil down to his word vs. mine. I DO think he has a business license, so I'm not sure what can be done regarding the BBB, small claims court, a collection agency etc. I dont WANT to ***** him over long term by going to the BBB or a collection agency (am i correct in assuming that that would kill any credit he has whatsoever?), but if i dont get my money, something is going down.

If I dont have my money ill come back and edit this with the contact information & aim names he uses to sell things to people

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.. cause im just not sure what i can do.

If anyone is bored and wants to read the last IM session I had a couple weeks ago with Crooke, then ive put it here. He acts like im the as*hole for asking for my money.

Thanks for any suggestions etc.

-Phil

------------------
A drug person can learn to cope with things like seeing their dead grandmother crawling up their leg with a knife in her teeth, but nobody should be asked to handle this trip.
SkarodoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 03:55 AM   #2
PKRWUD

I'm not a violent person by nature, but I would have beat the living schit out of him 3 months ago, and been done with it.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 04:57 AM   #3
SkarodoM
Registered Member

well, hes one of those losers who's always got to prove something to someone...

he carries his piece on his hip like a cowboy so everyone will see how much of a man he is, rather than do it the right way and obtain a CCP...

I know in the past he's pulled it on a group of people who insulted his car & im not about to put myself in a position to have my life taken away by some degenerate piece of ****, especially not over a few hundred dollars. I know its partially my fault for being too lenient with friends.. but.. eh.. that i can change. Actually.. even if $ miraculously shows up... im posting his info so hopefully, he wont be able to gather any business from any of the major boards
Old 03-02-2002, 11:24 AM   #4
Mach 1
Registered Member

Thats what happens when you deal with Chevy people. Stick with the Blue Oval..

Personally, I dont cae if hes packing heat or not, the money shows up or his face eats your fist. Make it happen!
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 05:39 PM   #5
SkarodoM
Registered Member

EDIT:

Brooke Barrier

Last known address (now he's in Granite Falls, NC) is 300 Academy St
CLEVELAND, NC 27013

Last Known Phone (got a new one somewhere methinks): 704-278-1871

He calls his wannabe business New Age Motorsports

Cz28.com Member Info (Dont remember his other names on other boards, sorry guys, he usually emails instead of posting anyway)

AIM: EvilZ96

So.. its easy to remember really.. Crooke = Brooke

Whatever suggestions regarding legal options through small claims or collection agencies are greatly appreciated. Thanks again
Old 03-04-2002, 05:46 PM   #6
SkarodoM
Registered Member

oh, AIM log moved here

thanks for the space, may keep someone from dealing with him
Old 03-04-2002, 08:44 PM   #7
Jeb_Bush_2000
Registered Member

Well, carrying it like a gunslinger like that does afford him a certain sense of personal security. You don't want to go after him with some buddies and a couple of baseball bats.

I say if he's ripping people off left and right, he's got the right idea.

R.I.P. 05/30/02

"I've seen some crazy stuff in my life, but that...was...AWESOME!!! Oh, sorry about your car, man."
Jeb_Bush_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 02:31 AM   #8
SkarodoM
Registered Member

I've actually had 2 ppl he's ripped off email me privately... didnt expect that.. should have.

Argh.. i called his focker a friend for a lil while too.. disgusts me.

John Cannon met him out at mville dragway as well ..

Presently he claims hes going to 'sue' me for 'slander'... of course at the same time he says hes trying to pay me. Im thinking he knows hes fuct & is just trying to talk big & act like hes doing me a favor...

the saga continues
Old 03-05-2002, 04:58 AM   #9
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

What a stupid jerk..doesn't he even know its LIBEL?!?!?! NOT slander???

I'm reaaaaaaaaaaaaal sure he has a lawyer....NOT!

Its scum like this that ripped me off too, thank God that guy got his...hopefully Brooke will get his too. And to think, at once I thought he was a nice guy...remember all those times we caught him lying between the two of us?!?!?!

We shoulda known then, sorry it cost you some cash, P

GET THAT SUCKA!!!!!
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 05:00 AM   #10
SkarodoM
Registered Member

lol i know, E ... thats why i put it in quotes lol

Moreover, it isnt libel if im not lying to damage his rep. Sad.

hes trying to BS & talk big.. he thinks im dumber than he is.. thats insulting.
Old 03-05-2002, 09:55 AM   #11
hehhehmule
Registered Member

I don't know what bothers me more, people who screw you over or camz weirdo's on mustang message boards I tried to tell you what to do two months ago goober.
hehhehmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 02:58 PM   #12
SkarodoM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by hehhehmule
I don't know what bothers me more, people who screw you over or camz weirdo's on mustang message boards I tried to tell you what to do two months ago goober.

As always, was much appreciated! The last couple months have been more hectic than i care to relay... kinda put it off. Thx again
Old 03-09-2002, 03:11 AM   #13
SkarodoM
Registered Member

mmmm.. way way too long

finally recieved $

still someone methinks should be on any list of bad sellers if one is ever compiled

thx to those who mailed sugestions etc

-Phil
Old 03-09-2002, 03:24 AM   #14
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

well im glad you got your money ,but i dont need any chevy part's anyway.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 10:39 AM   #15
GT Ragtop lurtz
Registered Member

I dont need any Chevy parts either!! Mine runs!! Just kidding...I have on Chevy, but three of my other cars are Fords!
GT Ragtop lurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 11:08 PM   #16
SkarodoM
Registered Member

he tries to sell anything to anyone, ford, import **** etc.
Old 03-09-2002, 11:41 PM   #17
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

****** man. I wish I had known this earlier. Ofcourse, everyone saysthings like that, but because of me being the black sheep around here(jail time...loooooooooong story on that one) I haven't been on as much. I feel terrible now.

Atleast it worked out and you got your money. It's a shame to what lengths a man has to go to just to get what is rightfully his.

Again, I'm sorry to hear about that. If you need anything, let me know. I'm always on call. Later man.
bigwhitecobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 02:52 AM   #18
SkarodoM
Registered Member

what huh when?

skarodom@ihateclowns.com john