MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-09-2002, 04:56 PM   #1
Blinker Fluid
Registered Member

Talking AIM Harrassment?

Hey, I'm new to these boards. My Mustang isn't my only vehicle. My question is, do the experts here get harrassed all the time on AIM too?

At one of my other internet hangouts, I posted my AIM name, just for fun to chat and I got bombarded by every newbie on the board. Every 2-3 seconds another IM from one of like 5 kids. They all think I'm their best friend, so I can't block them. Seriously though, I get tired of answering some of the lamest questions about their rides.

Anybody here get the same treatment? Just want to see if the Mustang crowd has the same problems before I post my AIM name here, LOL.
Blinker Fluid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 05:07 PM   #2
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Exclamation AIM hassles

I do very little chat anymore (no time) but yep, it's common practice to get a lot of rather basic questions from newbies on AIM when they think you know something about cars.

I decided to save my time for doing that and devote it to this site, instead. Now, the site has grown enough that we have plenty of knowledgable folks to answer basic questions and I respond to tech questions when I feel like it (or have an answer that is useful, rather than just agreeing with 5 other posts) but usually, someone else answers before I do. I love it!

I suggest you avoid AIM and contribute all your tech info to Mustang Works.

Well, it was worth a shot.
Old 03-09-2002, 05:08 PM   #3
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Well if your worried about getting asked so many "stupid" questions I suggest not opening yourself to answer them. Everyone is here to learn, although some no alot more then others and they are willing to help the ones with alot less knowledge. I don't really know what you classify as a stupid question, but to me I never really see stupid questions asked. Everyone usually has a question that they are either curious about or need to know regarding there car. I suggest not posting your AIM name if your that worried. I don't even know of many that use AIM really. Most people stick the board for chatting.

Also Welcome to Mustangworks,
§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 10:21 PM   #4
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

I'm sure I agravate the crap out of Unit

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 02:43 AM   #5
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Quote:
I'm sure I agravate the crap out of Unit
AND ME!!! Bwahahahahah! Just playin man....
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 03:26 AM   #6
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

How did you come up with the name blinker fluid? That is hilarious. That is a joke a couple of my friends like to play on new people in auto shop because we are all seniors LOL. We always say like.. "well have you checked your turn signal fluid lately?" LMAO

Later
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 03:45 AM   #7
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Blinker Fluid.....don't forget about your coil oil and your muffler bearings either....
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 12:11 PM   #8
Blinker Fluid
Registered Member

Wink

HEH, I'm afraid my Mustang info probably wouldn't be all that useful here, probably best left to the lounge. I do post on the boards and stuff, that's not my problem with seeing stupid questions. It's just when somebody who has a car asks the most basic ?s, like, how do I do this, etc. I know they don't have a damn book on their car. Why not just spend $10 and get a manual? It's more convenient than waiting for me to log on.

Well if your worried about getting asked so many "stupid" questions I suggest not opening yourself to answer them.

Uh, do you know what AIM is? I log on, and I get a ton of people with my AIM name from the boards IMing me. I don't "open myself up," I just log on to talk to my friends.
Blinker Fluid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 12:28 PM   #9
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Hmmm... I do get nailed with a lot of IMs from time to time. LOL, there have been a couple times where I've had 6-8IM windows open, with like 3-4 of them being people asking me questions. It can get annoying real quick.

Some people block the instigators, some people don't and just deal with it. LOL, sometimes I see somebody log on and I'm talking to somebody else and I just start IMing 5...4....3....2....1.... Yep, he just IMed me. HAHAHA.

Seriously though, why do you think you're not getting a lot of responses? You went to another board to post this so you wouldn't cause a problem on the board you come from. What makes you think you're gonna get a list of names from people here? LOL. If you could post where you came from we could all go over there and start this thread, but then everybody from both sides would have a bunch of hurt feelings, hehe.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 09:47 PM   #10
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Hmm... Now that I think about it, you'd probably actually get responses about this in the female forum, they probably have umpteen leghumpers out there, hahahhaha
Old 03-10-2002, 10:54 PM   #11
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Arrow he said leghumping...heheh!

Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302
Hmm... Now that I think about it, you'd probably actually get responses about this in the female forum, they probably have umpteen leghumpers out there, hahahhaha
Unit....LMAO!!!! Ur tooo funny! For the most part everyone behaves quite well, there are times when there is a bombardment at one time and it happens quite often, (and not usually at the best times!) but I must say that they are ususally very well behaved ,for the most part...as a matter of fact I find the younger ones to be MUCH better behaved at times than the more "mature" of the Stangers, the younger ones just tend to IM MORE OFTEN! .......

By the way...WELCOME TO THE BOARDS AND TO MUSTANG WORKS BLINKER FLUID!!!! luv the name! Topless

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 11:31 PM   #12
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

Unit or Mr50, whats yall's AIM names, I'm in the process of changing my oil and need to ask one of you how to put in the Z-Max
Old 03-11-2002, 01:15 AM   #13
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Consume z max orally, wait until you feel the need, then sit over the valve cover and deposit fecal matter into oil filler neck on valve cover. The Z max product will be enhanced 10x over.

*Disclaimer. If you think I'm serious, I don't know how you figured out how to use a computer. LOL.
Old 03-11-2002, 03:20 AM   #14
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Hey Blinker, if u don't mind, I would like to put your name on AIM also. I just need to know it. I don't ask any questions, I save them for this site.

Mines mustangman6579
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 03:25 PM   #15
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Mustangman...YOU not ask alot of questions????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Maybe not car related, but you are a talkative one.

Blinker I wouldn't give out your AIM name. I'm about to take mine off, and I've heard from several "experts" that newbies are pesky and annoying with their ?s

So, give it out with discretion.
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 03:47 PM   #16
PonyGirl2000
Registered Member

I don't mind it all. You should feel privlidged if someone ask you for advice. People are just looking to gain knowledge. I don't mind talkin' to anyone. They learn from me and I learn from them and I don't know much and what I do know I am willing to share. My AIM's are MustangMami00 & PonyGirl2K. If anyone wanna chat, feel free to IM. If I don't answer right away it's because I'm answering others so just be patient.

Thanx
PonyGirl2000 is offline   Reply With Quote