MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-02-2002, 11:52 PM   #1
mike_navigator
Registered Member

Default My family

Ok ok my family when it comes cars my family has nice cars but hey, they sell them for cheap. Let me explain. When my dad was a teen my uncle who is older had a boss 302 and they ended up sellin it for dirt cheap but not sure how much. And my dad owned a Dodge T/A 340 Six pack with the lime green paint, and sold it for $1200. Today i see an identical car with stock paint and stock engine being sold for 37k. I could smack him now. But that give me a lesson my lx is my first car and i will hold on to it forever. I have learned from people that say i wish i could of hold on to my first car or any car they loved, so my advice is that if you love your stang hold on to it.

mike
admin of
www.v8tec.com
mike_navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 01:45 AM   #2
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

I plan on doing the same thing, and people say... It's just another Stang! I just tell 'em! Hey! It's MY Stang! I love it! I don't ever want to get rid of it!
Old 04-03-2002, 01:57 AM   #3
WADS56
gear banger

I think it will be a long time before the fox body stang gains value like the old muscle cars. I love the cars, but other peopld don't see it that way. I'm with you guys, I will never sell my stang.
Ricer hater's club member #49
WADS56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 01:58 AM   #4
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Cool Hang on to your Stangs!

I am NEVER getting rid of Topless...I got too much blood, sweat and tears (not to mention $$$$$$$ tied up in her!!!) MAYBE one day I'll hand her down to my daughter. But the more I think about it, the more I think I might not! Hard to say at this point, I still got 7 years to think about it!
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 08:44 AM   #5
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

i am keeping mine it is the first new car i ever bought, plus it's not paid for , it cost's more per month than my house , but there is so much i want to do to it later on, for now i will have to settle for driving it.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 10:12 AM   #6
kiku2sleep
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by WADS56
I think it will be a long time before the fox body stang gains value like the old muscle cars. I love the cars, but other peopld don't see it that way. I'm with you guys, I will never sell my stang.
That is what the old muscle car guys thought when they sold their cars for dirt cheap. Now they regret it. I am keeping my 92. I am planning on buying a beater to drive around and just keep the stang for a project car. I bet the wife would love that. Me-3 vehicles, Her-1 vehicle. Hell my car is 10yrs old and I still get compliments on it all the time. Look at most 10 year old cars. The Camaro for example, Bluhhh..... LOL
Old 04-03-2002, 10:19 AM   #7
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

I wish I could keep my '79, but I have to get rid of it. Can't afford three cars. My '79 is my first
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 10:20 AM   #8
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Smile Watching Mustangs age

It's an old story; everybody seems to know someone who had some now-classic and valuable muscle car they practically gave away years ago. Some of that is BS of course, (they only made a limited amount of those really rare big-cube muscle cars) but of course it does happen.

Problem with keeping a car is that (a) it has to be maintained and kept from rust and rot conditions, (b) it has to have something special about it to make it really valuable, and (c) it has to be at least 30 years old.

My LX was bought brand-new by me and is now 12 years old; I plan to keep it a long time but I doubt I'll try to keep it another 25 years as it's one of hundreds of thousands of LX 5.0's that Ford made and until it's about 40 years old it won't be worth big bucks - if then.

Although we all want to hang on to our muscle cars, things happen; marriage, babies, need for a new house down-payment, moving, financial crisis comes up (like illness or job loss), no place to keep it and just plain boredom with looking at the same car for a couple of decades. It happens - and that's why so many people have a great story about 'The Muscle Car That Got Away'.

I hope some of us can hang on to our 'Stangs for many more decades, and I'm sure some will, but not many. It just isn't that easy and not always that profitable to do so. Fun to try, though.

Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 01:16 AM   #9
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Really clean, low mileage 87-93 5.0's are getting pretty close to returning their purchase price on the retail market. They've accumulated value in the past 5 years. I remember when I could get a really nice and clean 89GT for about 4k, back in 1996 or so. Now the same car would run me 7-8k.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 10:01 AM   #10
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Smile Mustang appreciation

Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302

Really clean, low mileage 87-93 5.0's are getting pretty close to returning their purchase price on the retail market. They've accumulated value in the past 5 years. I remember when I could get a really nice and clean 89GT for about 4k, back in 1996 or so. Now the same car would run me 7-8k.
Good to hear that, since I paid $13,600. for mine.

Unfortunately, my 'Stang is an average-condition LX (no garage for 12 years - northeast location) with 115,000 miles on it (under 10k per year average but still, six-digit mileage on the all-original engine/trans).

However, the LX 5.0's really are popular and I know a couple of folks who've been lusting after mine for years so I'm sure I'll get a good price for it whenever I finally decide to sell.

It fun driving a popular, high performance car that's appreciating instead of depreciating - and to own the title.

Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote