MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-28-2002, 11:20 AM   #21
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

That makes me really think twice from now on before streetracing. I don't belive he should be given the death penality because like someone said it could of been any of us. There are to many unknown/unanswered questions that we don't know. If the person was doing the speed limit would they of still hit the person? Because more then likely the bike rider went infront the car appose to the car just vearing to the side of the road hitting the biker. Either way, there is no excuse to taking a man(or woman's) life but sometimes there are better explantions on why it happen then others.

§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 10:39 PM   #22
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Quote:
Originally posted by crazy horse gt
no it's just because you have a 4 banger & cant beat a turtle , sorry josh couldnt resist,heheh
Not that funny Marty

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 10:47 PM   #23
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

I'm sorry Marty, I take back the above post. It's just that some topics bring out a serious Josh(who would have known).

Often I get generally PISSED at my generation. They often apear to be reckless, irresponsible, spoiled, pains in the ***.

They are mindless sheep who follow what ever is popular and mock the ones who don't conform. I don't conform(which I am very proud of). I drive a Mustang(Chevys are sooooo, much cheaper and faster), I am the one noted for blasting anything from "Number One Stunna" to "The Joker" to "Wiskey in the Jar" to "Friends in Low Places", while leaving the parking lot or crusin around.

There are a few who hold out and actully just some common sense when thinking and not simply stating what everyone else has told them.

later
Sir Josh, burner of tires

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 11:25 PM   #24
srv1
Get down.....

Exclamation take responsibility

Quote:
Originally posted by StoplightWarrior

You've never streetraced? Could've happened to any of us.
define streetracing. i will respond when you answer the question.

Unit. i go by what Stoplight said is true. i base my reply off that, assuming he got his info from a reliable source. i trust he wouldnt put sentences together to make a story.

he was speeding and racing and a man got killed, what else do you need to know?

and another thing. this applies to ALL of the 50 states. just because a sign says "55" on that road, doesnt mean it is safe to drive "55" anywheres on that road. you got to use your best judgement. their has been many of times where i have drove on MANY roads that say "55" on a corner and when i approach them i have to slow down. needless to say it comes back to judgement.

as for streetracing it has been around for many years. this should help you out of what i am trying to say:info

*honk if your horn doesnt work*
Old 04-29-2002, 12:39 AM   #25
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Default Re: take responsibility

Quote:
Originally posted by srv1

define streetracing. i will respond when you answer the question.

Unit. i go by what Stoplight said is true. i base my reply off that, assuming he got his info from a reliable source. i trust he wouldnt put sentences together to make a story.

he was speeding and racing and a man got killed, what else do you need to know?

and another thing. this applies to ALL of the 50 states. just because a sign says "55" on that road, doesnt mean it is safe to drive "55" anywheres on that road. you got to use your best judgement. their has been many of times where i have drove on MANY roads that say "55" on a corner and when i approach them i have to slow down. needless to say it comes back to judgement.

as for streetracing it has been around for many years. this should help you out of what i am trying to say:info

*honk if your horn doesnt work*
My definition of street racing is this: A phrase given to an activity for the purpose of aggressively prosecuting individuals with no basis on the actual crime. It's irrevelent what the car next to you is doing.

Your thoughts on the matter are oversimplified. I'm not saying the kid wasn't being stupid, or that he's not gonna have to answer for obviously being stupid. What I'm saying is since we don't know the exact scenerio (Stoplight Warrior's post didn't give specific details) how can you stand behind your position? Judgement is certainly called for, and so is waiting to see what the facts are found to be. Like I said before. ESTIMATED speed was 100mph. No specific time of day, type of road, action by the cyclist, or reason for the collision was given. We don't know if the cyclist came flying out of the ditch onto a major freeway, or what was going on. Your logic would apply the same to a person doing an estimated 75mph striking a drunk guy running out onto the freeway in an attempt to kill himself in the middle of the night. Street racing is a nothing. It's meaningless. What does it matter how the car next to you is driving, and since when did that become your responsibility to control other vechicles on the road? What matters is the kid was doing an ESTIMATED 100mph. Until I know the facts, making a cut and dry judgement call would be ridiculous.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 06:15 AM   #26
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

I see both point here. Yes there are stupid bikers, but again, there are even more stupid drivers. I pick my races. If it a busy place, I race up to, sometimes 5-10mph over the speed limit, and slow done back to it. If it's a street I know that isn't busy, and I see nothing, I'll race up what I feel Comfortable in doing. If I'm on a highway, I'll go up to about 100mph, unless I'm losing, then it can change. But I always pick my race spots. I have seen too many times ricers racing in bad spots. And have seen too many times, Muscle cars lose traction in a street race, and almost hit other cars, or ppl. I know my car, and I know my streets.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 06:52 AM   #27
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

Josh i noticed that people give me a hard time about not street racing. The way I see it is its my car thats gonna get impounde, my license thats gonna get taken and my insurance that is gonig to triple. In my opinion its not worth it juts to walk away from some ricer in a honda with a coffe can that thinks hes fast. I have nothing to prove in my car. I find that if I'm at the front of the line at a stop light on a weekend the car beside me will take off a lot of times. Why the hell would I race some punk kid in a grand am????? I don't mind if people street race but i my self personally don't take part.

JAMES