MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-21-2002, 01:12 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Unhappy Problem with Sleep Walking!??

This is strange, well, I guess not for me considering all the strange crap I do and experience.

For the last few months, I have been completely exhausted. No matter how long I sleep, or how little I sleep. I always feel the same, Craptacularly tired. Today, I was so tired at work that I about fell over while walking because I was so tired, I about fell asleep while WALKING!

I've been trying to figure out why. I eat good, I work out (Well, my job is a work out. I unload at least 4 trailers a day, and run around helping my employees out).

Well, I think figured it out. A few nights ago, I vaguely remembered waking up..I wouldnt really call waking Up...GOing and brushing my teeth, and combing/styling my hair. I then walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge. Staring at the fridge for several minutes, closing it, then looking at the ceiling in the kitchen for a few minutes. Then barely do I remember walking into the garage, looking in my tool box. Walking a couple of times around my car (Thank god I didnt go running outside in my Underwear), go back into the living room and stare at that cieling. After what must of been 30 minutes, I then went back to bed.

That made me wonder if all them boring/realistic dreams I've been having are actually dreams.

I mentioned this to my mom about my theory on why I'm always so damn tired. Then she told me I used to have a problem with sleep walking. She said on alot of Saturdays and Sundays I'd wake up get dressed walk around the kitchen, comb my hair, sit down at the kitchen table, then go back to my bedroom. I dont remember ever doing that, but I do remember one or two incidents in the past.

Oh well, I just hope I dont go running around outside naked asleep. Knowing me, I'll be prancing around the nieghboorhood like a fairy with only a cowboy hat on while slapping my AZZ, ASLEEP. Then I'll wake up in Jail.

Serouisly though, if your in Sleep walk "Mode" does your brain rest like it would if you were in a deep sleep???? I dont think so, but I'm no expert. Mr 5.0, can ya help on this? Or anyone? How do you deal with it??
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 09:27 AM   #2
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Lightbulb Sleepwalking

Mercury

Sleepwalking (somnambulism) is a fairly common 'arousal' disorder, most often seen in children. About 10% of adults experience the condition, which is not harmful but does pose some physical risks and as you've experienced, some loss of sleep.

Sleepwalking episodes can last from 5 minutes to an hour and can include many physical activities including walking outside. Violence can occur if the sleepwalker is obstructed or disoriented by sudden awaking. In England, a man killed another man while sleepwalking. Rare, obviously.

Hormones play a part in sleepwalking as does stress but doctors don't really know what causes it, although it does run in families.

I'm no expert. I got most of this information from the Sleep Channel website's section on sleepwalking.

http://www.sleepdisorderchannel.net/...ng/causes.shtm

Check it out. You're not alone.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 09:33 AM   #3
Rice Hunter
Registered Member

Have you had something stressfull or mentally demanding happen lately? I used to suffer from something much like that when I was stressed. Used to wake up and stare at the clock. It wouldn't register that I was doing it until half an hour to an hour later! Then I'd realize how long I was staring. I don't know man, it's kinda creepy if you ask me! Just wanted to tell you that you're not alone!

453.9rwhp
387trq
Lots of fun
Convertible

Penn State University
Temple University School of Medicine (start August 27th )
Rice Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 12:55 PM   #4
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Actually, there are several very stressfull things going on in my life at the moment.

1. WORK. The terminal I work at for FedEx Ground is going to be getting the "Terminal of the Year" Award. Were the best terminal in the nation for the year. Keeping the dock running under such scrutiny is very very stressfull. Especially with the bar being raised. And its been a very bad 2 months at work. Things have just not been going right, everything from Belts breaking, to Contractors (Van Drivers), to Tractors breaking down and frieght coming in late.

We also just implemented a new Scanning procedure. My package handlers, the loaders (Load 23 ft Trailers) now have to wear these high tech ring scanners and SCAN EVERY box they load. Its slowed productivity down immensely, and a few guys that have been there for a few years are having trouble getting the hang of it. There a good possibility that I'll have to let a few Veterans go soon.

Were number two in the region for Scanning percentage, but we still suck at it. I want to be higher than 63 percent.

I have to train a manager from the morning shift how to run Outbound (My shift), and I cant stand the guy. He's a jerk. Big Time. Power Hungry. I've already had to send him home once because he put me in a big bind and didnt want to listen to me.

2. Family. My family right now is going through some hardships that I cant talk about.

3. Relationship. I wont go into that one, but its nothing major as opposed to family and work at the moment.

I had something happen along time ago when I was a teenager, I think that sparked the sleep walking thing back then.

I cant wait, I have Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday off this week, and next week I have Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sunday off again (I get weekends off all the time though). I need a break. I got some things I've been wanting to do around the house, and to my old Stang, plus get to catch up on my writting and my video games.

The nieghbor also offered me 150 dollars to watch his two little dogs for a week. Mod Money...Also have to fix a wooden fence that a tree fell through during a huge thunder storm we had last week. Fix my moms tail light on her Cougar also. Arghh..Work Work Work. No rest for the weary.

Last edited by Mercury; 05-21-2002 at 01:19 PM..
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 04:33 PM   #5
The Sandman
Registered Member

Merc, let me know if I can do anything to help your busy work. I can help with the fence, and tree, etc etc... The sooner we get rid of these tasks, the sooner we get back to games
Whenever you pull your old 'stang out again I'll try to help with that as much as possible, even though I'm not the mechanical expert you are

« Red Firebird »
[ A4 ][ W68 ]

[ Interior Painted Red/Black ][ Wings West Spoiler (Black) ][ Firebat Decals ]
[ (^ How-to For ^) ][ Zaino'ed x 17 ]
[ Mobil 1 ][ Flowmaster 80 ]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
LS1.com Moderator
FirebirdV6.com Moderator
North Bay Mustang Moderator
The Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 07:03 PM   #6
Unit 5302
Registered Member

I know what you mean about Fed Ex. Not the ground division, which has obviously boomed due to crazy value in the shipping industry. You get a Fed Ex name on a package, reliable service, and you get it cheap.

All those scanning procedures stink. I remember when we went from the big gun to the smaller hand held trackers and had to scan every package that went into the cans. Talk about a joke. Our scan rates were 98-99% on the belt, I recorded 99.0-99.8% scan rates when they had me on the gun, all while pushing 13,000+ packages through a building that was designed for 6500 or so. A new station popped up recently, and it pulled a lot of the freight away from AELA. I'm glad I haven't been there in a while. It's just not the same as Fed Ex was when I started. Man, it used to be a great, fun job.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 01:26 AM   #7
mustanggt350
Registered Member

OK, I have to tell this funny story; maybe it will make you feel better. My ex boyfriend is a cop. He always works long hours and is the type of person that does not stop until he goes to bed. One night while he and I were sleeping he got up and moved me, then proceeded to rearrange his whole bedroom. I was told not to wake up a person when they are sleep walking so instead I got a video camera and recorded the whole thing. He was asleep the entire time, it took him about half an hour then he came and picked me up and we went back to bed. It was the funniest thing to see his face in the morning when he woke up and his room was rearranged. Then, I showed him the tape... It still comes out at parties!! In his case, his brain just doesn’t shut off and rest. Maybe that is what is going on with you, you know you have all these things you need to do so your brain works over time. Relieve some stress and get ride of some responsibilities and I think you will feel much better. Hang in there bud
mustanggt350 is offline   Reply With Quote