MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-20-2002, 07:13 PM   #1
frdgrl
Registered Member

Default Dodging the Ram

I have a little venting to do...

I was on my way home from the mall a couple of weeks ago, when a HUGE dodge ram cut me off and almost ran me off the road. Like any normal person I was livid. BUT, It wasn't just the cutting me off that made me livid. When I looked at the back of the truck there was a bumper sticker that read "Eat dirt ford boy". (Like I almost did) Even though this happened a while ago I can't get the "Why'd they do that?" question out of my head.

While I have your attention:

I was reading in a magazine (Or website, I can't remember) that Ford's Electric Green was a hard color to come by...Well, that's the color of my car (and the color of three other mustangs in my neighborhood) So, is it true? OR was that an old site/mag. from when it was an unusual color?
frdgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 09:39 PM   #2
Unit 5302
Registered Member

I've been cut off numerous times, followed too closely, and nearly hit a bunch of times since I got my 02 last month. It sure does get old doesn't it? Sorry about the run in with the jerk in the Ram.

I certainly haven't seen too many of the Mustang's in Electric Green.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 10:09 PM   #3
The Deuce
Registered Member

Question

I think I have only seen one Mustang that color down here. I don't know how Ford allocates the cars anymore, but they may all be headed up there. You know, to help y'all find them in the snow. Sorry about the truck, most guys with big trucks are compensating for something, and I guess picking on girls in sports cars helps them feel good about themselves.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 10:55 PM   #4
rbatson

I don't know how rare the green color is but I'm sure there is a way of finding out.

Sorry about the jack### in the truck. Some people.. I just don't understand. Next time someone does some BS like that.. grab a pen and paper and act like you are writing their plate number down. They always look in the rear view after some chit like that, it may make them think twice before they do it again. They don't know you and you don't know them... they make think they just cut off an off duty officer. May not help but it will make you feel better knowing you got them a bit worried.
Old 05-20-2002, 10:56 PM   #5
frdgrl
Registered Member

Ford needs to stop sending that color up here. Hmm, send it over to Europe or somewhere far from here. It looks like a regular green bean patch up here, lol.

Quote:
I've been cut off numerous times, followed too closely, and nearly hit a bunch of times since I got my 02 last month.
On Dec. 26th someone slammed into the side of my car while I was at work. I came outside and saw my car sideways (Ice) in the middle of the road. (I bought my car new in Aug.) I really REALLY hope nobody hits your car. It'll break your heart AND your wallet. On the bright side dents and dings won't freak me out quite as much.
Old 05-20-2002, 11:03 PM   #6
frdgrl
Registered Member

rbatson ~ You know, I should have thought of that. That kind of reminds me of that "I wish I would of said this or that" when a fight or argument is over. lol. I will remember to do that next time, though. Thanks. Where in NC are you from?
Old 05-21-2002, 11:27 PM   #7
rbatson

Wilmington, you can't get much more east coast than this
Old 05-22-2002, 01:51 AM   #8
frdgrl
Registered Member

Wow, no kidding, you can't get much more south in NC. lol. I've been there. I moved up here from Goldsboro, about 2 yrs ago. ( That's why I asked where in NC ) After two winters I'm finding out just how homesick I am.
Old 05-22-2002, 02:28 AM   #9
Ponycar_302
Registered Member

Quote:
most guys with big trucks are compensating for something,
I hope that's not really true. I've owned a Ranger and a Nissan pickup. Both were small trucks....

Sorry about you luck with the Dodge.

I have a buddy who used to run a dealership. He told me that car companies send certain colored vehicles to certain regions. For instance, a lot of dark colors go to the north east. There are a ship load of black, dark blue, etc. cars here. Gold Mustangs are extremely rare. A lot of light colors go to the south west. Gold, white, etc. It has to do with sales and what is popular with that region. That's not to say that you can't get a specific color somewhere, but you may have to order it. Dealerships usually don't carry it if it will be hard to sell. That might explain the green. Although I would have to order it in Pennsylvania, I could walk onto any lot in Alaska and buy it right now.

It might not be true, but that's what I was told.
Old 05-22-2002, 07:40 AM   #10
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by The Deuce
most guys with big trucks are compensating for something
I beg to differ.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 11:19 AM   #11
frdgrl
Registered Member

I guess the color distribution makes sense. We don't have many light colors up here. (They might get lost in the snow?)
Old 05-22-2002, 11:46 AM   #12
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD

I beg to differ.

Take care,
-Chris
He said most, obviously not meaning all. Also, compensating doesn't always have only one meaning, just referring to the wierdos who own a massive truck that serves no real purpose.

Electric green was more common in the V6s than in the GTs. Actually, I think 99 was the only year it was available in the GTs, and I think it was available in the V6 until 01? Not sure, I thought for 2002 it was phased out for Tropical Green or something...

I know about colors for 94-98, but not real positive about the newer ones, since I can't afford one
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 11:40 PM   #13
rbatson

Heeh.. actually my route carries me 50 miles/1 hr south and I can throw a rock and hit the welcome to SC sign from there. You moved from here to Alaska?!?! You feeling ok??
Old 05-23-2002, 06:20 AM   #14
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by Mustangbelle306

He said most, obviously not meaning all. Also, compensating doesn't always have only one meaning, just referring to the wierdos who own a massive truck that serves no real purpose.

Thanks Belle, what was I thinking?

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 12:30 PM   #15
frdgrl
Registered Member

Quote:
You moved from here to Alaska?!?! You feeling ok??
I'm not totally nuts, if that's what you're thinking. Imagine 19 1/2 hours (A day) of 70-80 degree weather and sunshine. On the negative side..Imagine 19 1/2 hours of Darkness and 20 - -20. The things you do for love, eh?

Quote:
since I can't afford one
Mustangbelle306 ~ Mustangs are cheap, cheap in Alaska. It's almost a sin to say this BUT Mustangs are not the car of choice in this area. So, you can drive up here and get a loaded 2002 GT for maybe $22K. Which I didn't think was that bad. I'm cheap, so I bought the V6 for $14K. OH! There is no tax up here. So, if it says $14K, that's what you pay. It would be an awesome road trip! ( Note: Just a thought for when you ever want a new car and a nice trip )

NOTE: One awful thing about Alaska is that the women tend to be a bit more... hmm... Manly. So, I guess the person driving the truck could have been a woman. *Shrugs*
Old 05-25-2002, 01:09 PM   #16
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

I live in a small town (Pop. 6,000) in western Nebraska, on I-80. There are 4 different green V6 '99-'01/2 Mustangs here. There are 3 different yellow V6 '99-01/2 Mustangs here. There is 1 white V6, 1 black V6, and 1 red V6.

New Mustangs have a reputation of being slow in my town to the people that don't really know much about cars because the lack of GTs around. Everyone thinks the V6s are all there is.

The reputed "fast" car around town is a '92 RS with a 305. 170 stock hp. After a couple minor mods he might be pushing 200. But the other cars around town are so pathetic he doesn't lose very much.

He barely beat my cousin's '77 Roadrunner with a 318 (stock 2-barrel) with about a million miles on it. The Camaro kid likes to brag about that a lot. He doesn't seem to tell very many people about the time I beat him by about 7-8 carlengths up to only 60 mph....

I ramble too much. I got way off the subject. Anyways....I've never heard anything about the electric green being rare. I know they aren't rare around here!
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 01:30 PM   #17
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Sorry about that *** cutting you off, like on the playground there's always going to be a bigger person bulling around the smaller people. But don't worry it'll come back to them in time. As for the electric green I don't know if I've ever seen one up here in Canada. I'm not sure if I've seen one up here. I usuaully see alot of blacks, silver, red, yellow. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for those green onces, I'm sure I can't miss them.

§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote