MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-15-2002, 04:14 PM   #1
Tod
Registered Member

Default busy busy busy

that's pretty much all i can say about the last 3 weeks. too busy to get in here that much which sucked. but anyway during that time i've gotten my h-pipe installed and put Cobra guages in as well (i know, not a real "mod" but i got them nonetheless).

I got a BBK h-pipe which high-flow converters which thanks to emissions laws, costed me $400. if i could have gotten some without the converters i would have paid a mere $150. and the guy that put them in for me couldn't put anything in that wasn't street legal. but it feels really strong and i noticed a change in the sound of the exhaust (something everyone told me wouldn't happen), it sounds a little throatier, very cool. and i also got new brakes and front tires and i feel like my bank account has been drained to nothing. very depressing but it feels good to get my car running smooth once again.

does anyone feel that sometimes your cars just need fixed a couple of things at a time? like two or three things kinda crap out or wear when you least need them too? maybe it's just me......
Old 07-15-2002, 04:43 PM   #2
polara7777
Registered Member

Not just you I promise! Had a small but annoying oil leak on the bike, got it fixed and the same nite the fuel pump on the Van went out! Doh $208 fuel pump. And then there's the Dodge. It's a law that when ever I get one thing fixed on it something else will break.
-67 Dodge Polara (383 punched 30, Heavy head work, Mopar Performance single plane intake, Holley 750, electric fuel pump, Holley regulator, .484 duration cam, FRIED bottom end!) DOH!!! Fried the #1 rod bearing. Stroker kit coming!
-01 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Clear lenses, shaved fender, rear signals in the rear housing, baffles removed, Deals Gap dragon on the tail.)
polara7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 05:06 PM   #3
Tod
Registered Member

i hear what your saying, if i have to be somewhere, the car needs a wash, ha, then i'm late (HATE going out in a dirty car, blegh).

or if there is a car show or a criuse on the weekend and it's a tuesday, SOMETHING will start to rattle or you find a new ding or something.

*smacks forehead*
Old 07-15-2002, 06:39 PM   #4
gt lee

It never seems to fail, when 1 thing goes wrong theres always something lurking in the background waiting its turn to pop up on ya. We just had flow masters put on our 2000 and man I love how it sounds and feels..odie
Old 07-15-2002, 09:11 PM   #5
Tod
Registered Member

ah yes, i have the flows as well and they are a head turner, that's for sure.
Old 07-16-2002, 12:32 AM   #6
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Unhappy uggggh

Ya, I hear ya...Ive had the new top and glass in my garage and living room for about 3 months now...I know it will be high $$$ to get it installed...I need it but i'll prolly wait till my top actually starts to shred b4 I break down and do it! You gotta do what you gotta do! TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote