MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-18-2002, 03:59 PM   #1
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Talking FINAL PRODUCT: Door Panels!

If any of you remember my past yappings about redoing the notch's door panels...well I ripped it all off!

I originally tried to redo the doors with cloth, and although it looked nice, I wasn't sastified. So I bought some black vinyl and did the project all over again...this time even adding a seam to replace the factory one.

I'm just glad its finally done!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg finalpanel.jpg (23.3 KB, 57 views)
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 05:25 PM   #2
25thmustang
Registered Member

Looks really good. I have wanted to do something with the cloth on my doors, because I now have leather seats. Could I just remove my cloth part in the middle above the arm rest, reupholster it in charcol leather and put it back on. I have an 89 LX, and I know it is different tha my dads 91 LX, so do you know if I could just do this part?

1989 Mustang LX:
Cobra Intake, 65mm Tbody, 1.7RR, Mac CAI, 1 5/8 Mac headers, 2 1/2 Mac H-pipe, 2 1/2 Flowmaster Cat-back, 3.73s, BFGoodrich 275/40/17 Drag Radials.

2001 GT leather seats, 17x9 Cobra Rs.

Ricer Hater's club: member #48
14.185 @ 97mph (with AOD)

12-19-01
25thmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 06:04 PM   #3
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Looks good Belle!
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 09:45 PM   #4
srv1
Get down.....

Exclamation

hey Belle, when you get a chance would you heim my pants for me? thanks Jewrsee girl!

p.s. NICE JOB
Old 07-18-2002, 11:36 PM   #5
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

I am not a JOISEY GIRL!!! I am *ahem* a misplaced Maryland/Virginia girl I'm just here TEMPORARILY...and I hope I won't leave as a legging wearing, big hair having RUDE driver
Old 07-18-2002, 11:43 PM   #6
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mustangbelle306
I am not a JOISEY GIRL!!! I am *ahem* a misplaced Maryland/Virginia girl I'm just here TEMPORARILY...and I hope I won't leave as a legging wearing, big hair having RUDE driver
bwahahahaha, odie is a joiesey, girl, but , she's been down here so long , the last time she went back, she was even suprized at the rudeness, the door panel's look great, that's my biggest complaint about my 00, the plastic crap, it sux, cya, marty.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 01:02 AM   #7
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Thumbs up

Looks real good... I'm glad my car came before those door pockets on the bottom.... Every car I see with those seems to be sagging real bad!
Old 07-19-2002, 08:36 AM   #8
gt lee

Looks great...I wouldn't claim I was from jersey either if I was you....Really it looks great Odie
Old 07-19-2002, 01:21 PM   #9
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Thumbs up

Great job, Mustangbelle. I guess I could use your guidance.

This is a good topic for me to get into b/c I have been drawing up plans for my interior door panels. I would like them to be cloth. At first, I was planning on painting the existing ones, but since I put in the roll cage, I just want simplicity and I don't want the paint rubbing off on my new seats. I really also don't want to go through trying to paint that crap anyway. I just want to remove the arm rests (or, better yet, the whole plastic panel) and cover the door with some cloth. I have to find out from where to get this good cloth first.

Do you have a b4 photo of when your door was cloth-covered? Can you post it if so? If you can lend some guidance on this topic, I'd be greatful. Thanks.
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 01:29 PM   #10
89 Cobra LX
Don Corlione

I am very impressed with the final product. Those would look perfect with the 35th anniversary seats I just installed. My factory gray panels just don't look quite right with the black and silver seats. I've been trying to decide what to do with my panels and I think you've solved my problem.

I just need to find someone with the domestic skills to do it that nicely...... maybe my fiance's grandmother. Actually, if you could post some fairly in depth instructions and what to watch out for I would appreciate it. Again, great work!

Also, great avatar. That's probably my favorite movie of all time. "Say hello to my little friend!"
5 speed 302-Cobra Intake-GT40p heads-TFS stage 1 cam-FRPP 1.6 roller rockers-3:73 gears-KYB shocks and struts-Eibach Pro-kit-HPM Mega-bite upper and lower control arms-FRPP aluminum driveshaft-16x8 Chrome Cobra Rs

R.H.C. #14
89 Cobra LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 02:24 PM   #11
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by 89 Cobra LX
I am very impressed with the final product. Those would look perfect with the 35th anniversary seats I just installed. My factory gray panels just don't look quite right with the black and silver seats. I've been trying to decide what to do with my panels and I think you've solved my problem.

I just need to find someone with the domestic skills to do it that nicely...... maybe my fiance's grandmother. Actually, if you could post some fairly in depth instructions and what to watch out for I would appreciate it. Again, great work!

Also, great avatar. That's probably my favorite movie of all time. "Say hello to my little friend!"
I'm sorry, I cannot post instructions to someone with such lousy trap times for their engine combo Just kiddin' with yah!

Its good to see another Pacino fan...I'm sure with such great taste, you also love Deniro! I'd rather watch one of their classics than some of the dummied down contemporary flicks (How High, or Freddy Gets Fingered or something else just as retarded).

I'll write up some easy to follow instructions, and send them your way later this evening. Thanks for the compliments!

OK, I RELOADED!!!!!!
Old 07-19-2002, 02:25 PM   #12
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by Fox Body
Great job, Mustangbelle. I guess I could use your guidance.

This is a good topic for me to get into b/c I have been drawing up plans for my interior door panels. I would like them to be cloth. At first, I was planning on painting the existing ones, but since I put in the roll cage, I just want simplicity and I don't want the paint rubbing off on my new seats. I really also don't want to go through trying to paint that crap anyway. I just want to remove the arm rests (or, better yet, the whole plastic panel) and cover the door with some cloth. I have to find out from where to get this good cloth first.

Do you have a b4 photo of when your door was cloth-covered? Can you post it if so? If you can lend some guidance on this topic, I'd be greatful. Thanks.
Thanks Fox! This one's for YOU If you also want a copy of the instructions, lemme know!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg original door panel.jpg (121.0 KB, 13 views)
Old 07-19-2002, 02:32 PM   #13
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

mmkay...apparently it won't let me post the original pics because I've already posted them once in my original thread about the panels. Here's the link though!

http://forums.mustangworks.com/showt...threadid=25525
Old 07-19-2002, 03:39 PM   #14
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Hey, I saw the photos. I can se why you weren't satisfied with the cloth panels. They look good, but not as good as the new vinals. Please, yes, send the instrucions. Thanks
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 04:20 PM   #15
89 Cobra LX
Don Corlione

Quote:
Originally posted by Mustangbelle306

I'm sorry, I cannot post instructions to someone with such lousy trap times for their engine combo Just kiddin' with yah!

Its good to see another Pacino fan...I'm sure with such great taste, you also love Deniro! I'd rather watch one of their classics than some of the dummied down contemporary flicks (How High, or Freddy Gets Fingered or something else just as retarded).

I'll write up some easy to follow instructions, and send them your way later this evening. Thanks for the compliments!

OK, I RELOADED!!!!!!
Oh, so now you're on the bash my trap speed band-wagon!

I'm looking forward to the instructions.

Deniro and Pacino are easily my two favorite actors even though it seems Pacino hasn't done anything I really liked lately...... hmmm Deniro for that matter too. I'd rather watch a classic than some of the garbage being made now. I was excited a couple of years ago when they were going to make The Godfather IV, but when the writer of the series died they put an end to it.

Nice Carlito's Way reference!
5 speed 302-Cobra Intake-GT40p heads-TFS stage 1 cam-FRPP 1.6 roller rockers-3:73 gears-KYB shocks and struts-Eibach Pro-kit-HPM Mega-bite upper and lower control arms-FRPP aluminum driveshaft-16x8 Chrome Cobra Rs

R.H.C. #14
89 Cobra LX is offline   Reply With Quote