MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-08-2002, 06:09 PM   #1
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

Default Fed up with the way my mom treats my dad

I posted a couple months ago about my mom going crazy because my dad bought a dually. Well, he saw a Motor on the internet that he wanted to buy. 540ci 920hp N/A. He has more than enough money saved up to buy this motor for his chevelle, and my mom calls me up today cussing me out and calling me every name in the book..and blaming me for his obsession. She said sometimes she wished i was never born I went over there to talk to her and she locked me out of the house and told me to get the **** out of her house. I was like WTF?? So dad comes over to my house just a little bit ago and says he's not gonna get anything else for his car because of the way she reacts. She told him that even if he has the money for it, he's still not getting it. But yet she can buy a damn supercharger for her car, and everything else and he can't even buy something that he's been saving for??
Eric4Nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 06:11 PM   #2
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Thumbs down

Wow that's crazy! Are they your original parents or remarried? That sounds pretty severe on her part, especially treating you like that. uncool.
Old 08-08-2002, 06:12 PM   #3
nickj8685
Registered Member

Location: Russellville MO, where men are men and sheep are scared

Sorry to hear that. I had the same problem with my ex-wife. Note the ex. She wouldn't let me spend a dime on my car or my bike. That's a different story now.
nickj8685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 06:16 PM   #4
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

Yes they are my original parents. I went downstairs because i'm just sooo mad right now..that i beat the living hell out of my punching bag. I'm so furious with her...that if something happened right now to her..i wouldn't care. She has put me through hell all through my life.
Old 08-08-2002, 06:32 PM   #5
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Lightbulb Fed up

Eric:

Sorry for your parent troubles.

I have no clue what's really going on here, but I suspect this is about a lot more than your dad spending some money on an engine. Married people, over time can build up deep-seated anger over past hurts and even misperceptions about who did what to whom. It's complicated and I wouldn't think of attempting to figure any of it out here.

The fact that your mom is turning on you is disturbing. That is highly unusual. Usually, fathers turn on sons, not mothers. She may have problems you don't know about or even some organic problem that affects her mental stability.

Whatever it is, I would give her a wide berth and if she eventually apologizes, accept it and let her know you're concerned about her. I hope this works out for you.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 11:33 PM   #6
Coupe Devil

Dude that sucks bad.. Have him sign the Chevelle and dually over to you. Then she cant touch em. .Im sorry to say bu I see some real bad stuff happening in the future between him and her.. I know thats not what you want to hear probably, maybe it is, but he needs to get a little better handle on that situation..just my opinion, take it for what ever it may be worth

Bradley

Built Ford Tough Moderator
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 11:38 PM   #7
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

Yeah brad, they have never really gotten along. She won't let him even touch his car. That's why he goes with me most of the time when i go racing. Plus i enjoy having him around me. I've learned sooo much from my dad..even though he doesn't like fords all that well..he still tells all his buds at work about my car. lol
Old 08-09-2002, 12:01 AM   #8
The Deuce
Registered Member

There's your answer. Build a side garage on your place for the old mans toys. That way he can have everything shipped over there and keep it hidden. How mad would your neighbors be to have two drag cars at your house? Not to mention it would get your mom all riled up.

Seriously though, that sucks bad about your parents. I wish I could be of more help than just support. Hope things get better over there.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 01:15 AM   #9
69fastback
IRAQ VET

I kinda know how you feel. But not anywhere close to that extent. My mom was pretty mad when back in Janurary my dad and i had to toe my mustang home fromt he track after spining the rod barings. I got are real huge ear full it. The good thing aobut my mom though is that she gets over it real quick and was back to her normal self 5 mins after chewing my ***. That is too bad that your mom is like that. I agree build your dad a garge over at your house that is what i would do.l
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 01:53 AM   #10
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

that's really messed up eric, when i first got our gt, odie griped about everything, i tried to do, but after taking her to drag races, etc, she now know's i aint really done much to the car at all, it suck's that your mom blamed you, funny how she can spend buck's on her ride, but deny your dad, something aint right, good luck to you & yor dad, take care, l8ter.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote