MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-01-2002, 04:27 AM   #1
Lota Fun Racing
Registered Member

Default New guy here

Thought I would do it proper like and intoduce myself.

Cars aren't my gig, HP is! I've had plenty of fast cars but I ride bikes. Actually I do a little road racing as a hobby and have a Hayabusa I use to get around. The Busa isn't really that fast, at least not in my hands! I had it set up for canyons and took it to the track for shyts and giggles and my best was a 10.09 @ 143, so close to a sub 10 second 1/4. shyt! I'll save anything else for later.

My wife wanted a rag top, I said "how a bout a Mustang" her eyes looked surprised, cool! She would have taken anything, 6 banger would have been fine with her, me, no way, GT or forget it!
Well, she got a 98GT with the 289 2 valve heads, I didn't know it at the time or I would have looked for the 99GT with the 4 valve heads. That kinda shyt always happens to all of us one time or another.
Anyways, it won't go to a dealer for much of anything (its not a 03 Cobra) <--LOL
What have been the issues with this car?

Thanks

Lota Fun
Old 10-01-2002, 04:32 AM   #2
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Thumbs up

Welcome to Mustang Works, man!
Hyabusas are awesome... rode one recently, loved it.
Old 10-01-2002, 05:34 AM   #3
Lota Fun Racing
Registered Member

I guess a 10.09 ain't that bad.
The GT does ok but it needs some help and the wife wants to drag race it, I was thinking Nitrous to help it out? Anything else would require an engine swap to really get anywhere. Will a turbo pump enough Hp down it to make it go? Its gonna need a new rear end with any more HP. It already smokes one tire. Don't ya need two tires to hook up to go fast? JK!

I think she's gonna need a roll bar!

After I showed her how to get off the line she's doing better than I am, *****! Funny though, I think she'll do well. Look out guy's!
Old 10-01-2002, 06:03 AM   #4
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Thumbs up

Get an exhaust, jet kit, k&n, and sprocket for 9's on that bike! You'll hit them. It has the speed already!