MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-21-2003, 03:00 AM   #1
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Exclamation me + cops= DONT MIX... UGG!

OKAY, IN THE NUTSHELL...
2 weeks ago, myself along w/ 13 COBRAS cruised to Austin and stayed the night. Had a GREAT time! on the way back, it was only me and Whitesnake...I was following him...we BOTH had radar detectors...
Saw the cop in BASTROP...I GOT PULLED OVER! I made up a bullshit story about doing a show and we were heading back to Houston....we were going 65 in a 40... he also wanted to cite me for no front lisence plate. (got the My Classic Car one on !) for the past 3 years! JUST HAPPEN to have my front plate in my front seat ONLY cuz I had to get new plates the week b4....
He bought it and told me me and my 'buddy' need to be more aware of the speed limit and I need to put my front plate on! He gave me a WARNING! (thank GOD!) geeesh....

WELL....i was up till 2am last sat. morning working on my car for the Woodlands show. I over slept, and did not meet my connection that morning like I should have at 7am. did not get out of bed till 7:30......i hauled *** an hour away to catch them, was 5 MINUTES from the show area, and my radar det. did NOT pic up the frigin' cop behind me!!!! He complimented on me on my 3 foot BEST ENGINE trophy, told me that the only reason I was not going 110 was cuz of TRAFFIC (HE REALLY SAID THAT!!) and ONLY wrote me up for going 76 in a 60....He CLOCKED me at 90!!! grrrr..... SOOOOOOO....I have now 2 damn tickets...I only have till June to take def. driv. for the one I got last year, and I can only take it once a year...so now i get to hire a damn LAWYER.... GOT to get rid of this other ticket!!!! ugg....I'm going on my 7th time now to take defensive driving....last time(last year) at the end of the class, I had my hood popped, and they were all checking out my car. It was cool....lol...
anyways...just thought i'd share my joy...I know i"ve been scarce lately...just been a little overwhelmed and bogged down w/ personal stuff.....My car and my house is STILL making my life miserable....and STILL costing me a fortune, and I'm STILL waiting for that light at the end of the tunnel!!!

(BTW: man, since I replaced the FRIED clutch, WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!) Clutch started to go right after I PUT IN the Steeda Tri-ax.....so I"m FINALLY ABLE TO ENJOY MY NEW SHIFTER NOW!!!!
I'll quit whining now...so...do ya'll miss me???
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 03:59 AM   #2
jj_jonathon
Trisket

you and cops dont mix? not to rag on you tnt, but you need to lay off the gas pedal...lol...youre lucky that cop only gave you a 76 in a 60...still sucks tho

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 04:03 AM   #3
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

That sucks, but you were actually lucky, he could have been an *** and gave you the ticket for what he clocked you for! When I got the 86 in a 55 (which was BS I was going 80, he jacked it up so I'd have to pay 100.00 more) as soon as I was leaving the spot I was pulled over, I threw the radar out the window. I really have to fix the BEL I have(needs new dc plug)... that uniden sucked, it beeped only right when I was right on him and it was only level two.
Old 03-21-2003, 08:45 AM   #4
Maroon 5.0 LX
Registered Member

Sounds to me, you better be slowing down, or not long from now, you'll be here crying the blues because they pulled your license and you have to walk.
Maroon 5.0 LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 11:31 AM   #5
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

I got nailed for doing 112 in a 80 zone (I'm talking about km/h)... the cop was nice then turned into a dick. I'm going to try to fight it, I was hoping he would mark it down. It was 10 at night and there wasn't a car in site. I seen him last second and hit the brakes but he got me. The road is a complete open 4 lane country road. I just want to try to get it marked down for insurance reasons.

The summer hasn't even started and I already got a ticket.

-Sam.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 02:06 PM   #6
8T4SVOChick
Mustang Junkie

Sounds like here lately if you didn't have bad luck you wouldn't have any. Sorry to hear that. Maybe things will start turning around for ya.

Take care and get some of that lead off of your foot!

Asst. Editor,
GirlsCanToo
Event/Race Coord.,
Texas Rep.,
TeamGC2

Mustang Forum Moderator @
FordSpeed.net
DFW Forum Moderator @ LoneStarStangs
Visit FordCustoms!
8T4SVOChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 12:36 AM   #7
Mustanguy

Question dont feel bad,just be more careful

Dont feel bad Christine,things happen and I myself have gotten 1 speeding ticket,plus a no insurance violation thats all i've ever gotten but it's never fun paying the fines,etc

Be careful girl!
Old 03-22-2003, 01:15 AM   #8
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

hate to hear that, gotta watch the speed, maybe you should get a 4 - banger just j/k, i got out of my lasy pullover because i had desert storm vet tag on my car 80 in a 65, i was lucky. cya.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote