MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-12-2003, 02:10 AM   #21
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by LayanRubr
Ok I'm gonna do the wheres waldo thing here and ask why cant you work on your car in So-Cal?
You can, except at stng87's pad, apparently.
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 10:25 AM   #22
LayanRubr
Registered Member

Oh I see
Rice Hater's Club member #20
LayanRubr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 07:13 AM   #23
stng87
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD
You can, except at stng87's pad, apparently.
Tell your chic, thanks for last night. SHes a little fat but nothin too bad
1987 black with t-tops. Cobra intake, 1.7 cobra crane rollers, gt40p's, bbk shorties, off road h-pipe, Holley adj. fuel pressure regulator, Tremec t-5z, 65mm TB, 4.10's, adj cable, 155lph fuel pump, Ram clutch kit, 3 row motorsport radiator,
Chrome cobras17x9 front, 17x10.5 rear, Hurst shifter,Former AOD Semper Fi
stng87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 10:15 PM   #24
Jthompson
Registered Member

getting this back on track...I couldn't agree with you more. Several years back I moved into a so called luxory apt in corona.

The good: unlimited free parking.

they told me initially-no prob to work on cars. then the first time I jacked up the car to change my shocks-I got yelled at to Iraq and back.

So cal is like this. So Cal for the most part is a yuppy state. We no longer have cars older than 8 years or so old---unless it is the low poor class. Essentially no middle class anymore. You wanna work on a car-go to the ghetto neighbords.

Unfortunetly the vast majority of these Yuppy cali's NEVER have worked on their own car, and have no clue where the lever is to pop the hood. I'm afraid your only salvation will be to move into a ghetto neighborhood apt, or buy a house...like I did.
1994 POS head gasket clubbed broke down T-bird with $6000 left to pay off
Jthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 12:26 AM   #25
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by stng87
Tell your chic, thanks for last night. SHes a little fat but nothin too bad
Leave your mother out of this.
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 03-25-2003, 12:39 AM   #26
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by Jthompson
getting this back on track...I couldn't agree with you more. Several years back I moved into a so called luxory apt in corona.

they told me initially-no prob to work on cars. then the first time I jacked up the car to change my shocks-I got yelled at to Iraq and back.

So cal is like this. So Cal for the most part is a yuppy state. We no longer have cars older than 8 years or so old---unless it is the low poor class. Essentially no middle class anymore. You wanna work on a car-go to the ghetto neighbords.

Unfortunetly the vast majority of these Yuppy cali's NEVER have worked on their own car, and have no clue where the lever is to pop the hood. I'm afraid your only salvation will be to move into a ghetto neighborhood apt, or buy a house...like I did.
I guess it depends on where in So Cal you are. Ventura couldn't be more opposite of what you described if you tried. I'd say 70% of the cars on the street that have been worked are at least 30 years old. For some reason, cars just don't rust up here, and you can find a classic in awesome condition just about any day of the week.

As far as working on your car, I moved to Ventura in '85, and the apartment I was in had car ports, but I always parked my SS over by my apartment, in the same parking lot, but away from the car ports. It was in a very nice neighborhood, just south of the college. I did all kinds of work on my car there, from swapping the oil pan to swapping the cam. I just didn't make a big mess, and didn't have a bunch of friends hanging out making noise. I think that may have had something to do with it, I dunno.

The condo I moved into a year later has a strict policy about working on vehicles in the parking lot, and I'm glad they do. Every condo has a 2 car garage, and you can build a top fuel funny car in there if you want to, but the parking lot is for parking.

Honestly, I can't remember a single time when anyone had any trouble working on their vehicles where they live. I run a mobile repair business, and I set up shop all over the place, and never have any trouble either. Hell, the first Sprint Car driver I worked for used to push it off on his street, and drive it around the block for testing. Then again, he lives in Oxnard.

Maybe it's an Orange County thing, I really don't know, but in the 25 years that I've lived in So Cal, from Van Nuys to Ventura, I've never had any trouble at all.

Good luck.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 03-25-2003, 03:15 AM   #27
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Quote:
Originally posted by Jthompson

HOLY GENERALIZATIONS BATMAN!

i live in a middle class neighborhood and have no problems working on my car. i do live in a house but i have friends who live in apartments around here and work on thier cars just fine. I guess orange county just sucks.
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote