MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-10-2003, 11:23 AM   #1
MichStangFan
Registered Member

Default How long does it take to order a car?

My local dealer just got in 10 new mustangs but none were convertibles. I asked how long it would take to order one straight from Ford and he said 6-8 weeks and by then it would be a different model.

I think he was just trying to convince me to get the ones on the lot even though none were 'verts or even the color I want. So, does it really take 6 weeks? Thanks.
MichStangFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 11:31 AM   #2
jj_jonathon
Trisket

believe it or not....yes! ...spot a vert in the color/options you want in the state and convince them to doa dealer trade if you want one sooner...otherwise build one yourself and have it there in 6-8 weeks!...or wait for the 04's to come strolling out and grab one of those 40th anniv. editions...red with stripes and stuff...kinda neat...

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 08:11 PM   #3
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

You should be able to order 03 models as late as July. I had a 01 on order 2 years ago and I placed my order in mid July.

I think 6 weeks is right on. Once you place your order, you should get a VIN # for your car in a week or two. After you have a VIN #, all that's left is for the factory to build it and ship it.

I used to have a 1-800 # that was listed on www.blueovalnews.com . If you know your dealer's code, you can call the # and it will give you updates on your car. i.e. when a VIN will be given, when the build date is, when the ship date is, when the arrival date is, etc. My dealer didn't give me any updates when I ordered my car so I called him and asked for his dealer code. Once he gave me that, I could get all the information I wanted. That 1-800 # should be on blueovalnews somewhere. Try searching for it. It was a great help to me.

Don't worry about getting a different model year. They won't stop production on 03's for a few months still. Your dealer is blowing smoke.

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 08:14 AM   #4
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

I find all the dealerships around me always have convertiables. We hardly ever have coupes and if we do, they're V6's.

And yeh it's a pain in the *** why it takes so long. Try a few other dealerships.

-Sam.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 11:20 AM   #5
RBatson
Registered Member

I special ordered a truck from Ford once. They said it would be the end of July (6-8 weeks), then it was the beginning of August then the end of August then I finally told them to forget it. I wanted the 4x4 for the summer so I could drive on the beach so I went and bought a new Dodge Ram Sport(big mistake, another story). The Ford I ordered finally came in at the end of Nov.
RBatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 03:20 PM   #6
MichStangFan
Registered Member

Default ordering

I went to a larger dealer out of town today and I ordered a red convertible mustang. They told me 4-8 weeks. I wish I would have done that a month or so ago but I guess I can wait. I got the color and style I wanted so I'm happy.
MichStangFan is offline   Reply With Quote