MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-12-2003, 09:57 AM   #1
Miss Mischief
Registered Member

Default Handicap and still driving??????

Unfortunatly Over the past few years I have had things happen to me that I accepted and moved on First was to be Diagnose with severe anmie this however is no big deal to a female almost all of us are. The second was soon after my husband Died I Begain Haveing Heart trouble this was attributed to a Physical reaction to something my mind couldnt handle However I was But On a Drug called Spironalactone 25mg per day and they keep tabs on me. Every Winter I developed water in the Lungs Or whats Comenly Known as an Upper Respitorey Infection again attributed to the sometimes Bitter Cold winters. Finally This year I Began to develop horrible pain in My Left shoulder and right hip respectivly the pain can be so sharp as to cause me to colapse without warning or drop items when i extend my left arm and attempt to pick up Items with my Left shoulder Muscles. I Have been back Out to the Army hospital here at Fort Knox and finally a nurse saw it as bright as day however she said nothing she simple told me she bealived she could help me and may know what was wrong with me. After she Drew 20 Vials Of Blood LoL Vampires the 3rd nurse Doctor Group Blind to myy symptomes Revealed the same Results. I have Lupus there are to Types DLE and SLE I have SLE.

I am Not writting this for sympathy I am writting this because I would like to talk with other members of our group who may have Fibra Lupus or any other dibilitating diesease so maybe we can Talk and share on what works and what doesnt as far as driving and copeing with this .....

RHC#153 Proud to carry the Card

2000 V-6 5 speed Frame Braces [Steeda] [Wanna be Cobra] 17" Rims with Kuhmo 245's 5 Spoke Gunmetal finish [Power Dyne] Blower Unpolished 6 psi {Mods to Come} [Steeda] Springs slightly lower then stock [Steeda] Anti sway bars front and rear.

1999 Jeep Cherokee Big six 5 speed Infinty Bose steroe Lots of Creatures Comforts [Mods] Brush/ Push bar Full length Welded and Bolted , Tow Hook Front and Rear 30" Goodyear AT's .
Miss Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 11:33 AM   #2
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

I can't help you sorry, but I would like to you to know I am wishing you the best of luck, and some good advice, which is to never to give up, never put your head down, everything happens for a reason.

Best Wishes,
-Sam.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 01:15 PM   #3
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Smile

Miss Mischief:

I wish to extend my sympathy to you for the loss of your husband and your current medical problems. You have been through a lot and I wanted you to know that I think you're a strong person.

This is a link to the Lupus Foundation of America.

http://www.lupus.org/

I trust that you may find information there as well as other links that may offer you some assistance and contacts.

While I don't have Lupus I am available via my PM or E-mail (check my profile) should you wish to discuss anything, and I thank you for sharing your story with us and extending the offer to discuss the issue of handicapped driving.

I wish you well - and better days ahead.

Jim Sweeters ('Mr. 5 0')

Former MW Moderator/Administrator
Old 05-13-2003, 10:55 PM   #4
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

how horrible, are you in the army, or a vet? were you in the gulf war? sorry for all the question's, i was in the gulf war, & have many problem's, the v.a. just keeps blowing me off, i will pray for you, god bless you. take care.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 08:22 AM   #5
Miss Mischief
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy Horse GT
how horrible, are you in the army, or a vet? were you in the gulf war? sorry for all the question's, i was in the gulf war, & have many problem's, the v.a. just keeps blowing me off, i will pray for you, god bless you. take care.
No But seriously one of my husbands SEAL mates lives with me he has day blindness and several other severe dibilitating Problems. Since my Children are gone and I guess God new I was Gonna get Lupus who do you thinks here to pick me up...... He fought for 2 years from his first aplication to get help. He reccomend you Imediatly stop tryeing to talk to the Va and start talking to the following 1) Talk with the VFW they are your strongest anvocate 2) You have a computer? Start writing everyone from your city council to the state resps to you congressmen STAMPS ARE CHEAP! 3) If you are haveing trouble managing such as he was or even if you are not get ahold of the Disabled American Vetrans DAV they are the biggest help and have Hired guns "lawyers" in there hip pocket also when they whin the presendent goes yes we will take care of that......

RHC#153 Proud to carry the Card

2000 V-6 5 speed Frame Braces [Steeda] [Wanna be Cobra] 17" Rims with Kuhmo 245's 5 Spoke Gunmetal finish [Power Dyne] Blower Unpolished 6 psi {Mods to Come} [Steeda] Springs slightly lower then stock [Steeda] Anti sway bars front and rear.

1999 Jeep Cherokee Big six 5 speed Infinty Bose steroe Lots of Creatures Comforts [Mods] Brush/ Push bar Full length Welded and Bolted , Tow Hook Front and Rear 30" Goodyear AT's .
Miss Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 10:27 PM   #6
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

well im just fed up with v.a. etc. , but i give up, they win, i just hope there is some help for you, your in my prayer's.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote