MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-11-2003, 10:11 PM   #1
MEDIK418
Registered Member

Default THings are a changin

First, hello again everyone. I've been busy for a while and just now got back on here. Lots of things have changed for us lately. My oldest son is now in San Diego (actually, he has been for a couple of months) Right about now he's at QualCom stadium doing something called Racelegal. He was trying to find a helmet earlier today.
He took his 89Gt with him. I'm gonna miss her. . . uhh. . .him too of course. He did manage to get it on a dyno somewhere in San Diego. RWHP is 251@5000 rpm, 310 lb.ft. of torque. No idea where it happens but the power signs off pretty abruptly at 5000 rpm so I'm thinking the heads will help that once they're on. Still with the stock heads. Oh, almost forgot. THe fuel/air ratio is way off. 6:1 the printout says. Not sure how to fix it. The only codes showing are a low coolant temp, but that's another forum.
He's lovin San Diego so far. Sad part he is leaving for Okinawa next week so the car will sit for a while. Till December anyway. He bought a new Yamaha Road Star Warrior while he was home on leave and I thought that would signal the retirement of the Mustang but no way. He's still buying stuff for it.
THe Green thing has taken a back seat for a while. The youngest son has discovered motocross. Actually, he's discovering the wonders of road rash and concussions so far but he's having fun and it's fun for Dad to watch.
Anyway, just wanted to say hi to everyone and warn you. I'm finally starting on my 351-C and looking for a Fox body to stick it in. There'll be lossa brain pickin.
Later!
1986 four-eyed LX coupe, 358 Cleveland, Tremec TKO600/centerforce clutch, dish cut Probe forged pistons, comp cams hyd.roller cam, .579/.588@224/230, Edel.performer, 670 holley street avenger, CPR custom built long tubes, ported and polished 4bbl heads, manley valves, beehive springs, MSD peo-billet dist/MSD6AL, fluidamper, 5 lug conv. with 17x8 bullits there's more but it's still not finished yet.
Oh, and the oldest boy is turning his 89 GT into a FFR cobra this next summer.
MEDIK418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 07:19 PM   #2
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

cool stuff.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 03:19 AM   #3
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Angry ugggggggggggggg

HI MEDIK!!!
DAMMIT! I thought I was posting to you and I started a whole new thread...man, i come back over here and things still dont go right! uggh!
ANYWAYS>>>>>>> WOW! Sounds like youve been busy! whats the Racelegal thing? Is it competitive racing? Thats really cool. Motocross is cool too, me and my daughter watched a cool movie the other nite about a girl who took her brothers place racing and spanked the guys butts...it was cool! Makes me wanna get a bike. I bet thats a rush for all of ya'll!
Glad things are going good for you and your family and good to see ya again!

BTW: my head is not numb anymore!!! FINALLY!!! It took MONTHS for it to go away...so I'll be sure to let you know when my next ailment surfaces to keep your MEDIK skills SHARP! lol
um....I am having a 'pigmentation' proplem on my waist, some feel is related to too much sun exposure...lol....any ideas? hehehehe.....never a dull moment....
Again, GREAT to see ya and hope things work out well for all of ya!
Have a GREAT weekend!
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 04:35 AM   #4
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Hey hes in my neck of the woods I probably saw him racing last night. what color is his car?

Race Legal is what they call our 1/8 drag strip that is set up at qualcomm stadiums parking lot. Its kinda lame I know but its the only drag strip san diego has

Anyways that is kinda cool hehe.

Later,
Nick
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 06:48 PM   #5
MEDIK418
Registered Member

He was driving a really rough lookin 89 GT, blue and silver. He had a blast. He called several times during the night. Times were in the 9.4 second range at 77-78. He did say there was no traction at all. He called today to tell me his mileage problems are gone. . .he thinks. The engine temp sensor was bad I think cause the new one made a big change in his mileage. Almost doubled.
1986 four-eyed LX coupe, 358 Cleveland, Tremec TKO600/centerforce clutch, dish cut Probe forged pistons, comp cams hyd.roller cam, .579/.588@224/230, Edel.performer, 670 holley street avenger, CPR custom built long tubes, ported and polished 4bbl heads, manley valves, beehive springs, MSD peo-billet dist/MSD6AL, fluidamper, 5 lug conv. with 17x8 bullits there's more but it's still not finished yet.
Old 07-13-2003, 06:51 PM   #6
MEDIK418
Registered Member

THanks Topless. We went to Idalou to race last night and he had his best race there so far. He placed 4th in his heat but came in with a shredded rear tube so race night was over. It were my fault. I broke the bead on a brand new Dunlop 756 installing it and it took about a lap to eat the tube and rip it apart.
Oh well. Off to A&M next week for a week of school and then it's back to Idalou.
Old 07-14-2003, 01:17 PM   #7
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Good to see ya Medik, glad things are going well for you, sounds like you're havin fun! Good luck with your new project!