MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-06-2004, 02:29 PM   #1
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Angry Sad topic (body of kidnapped girl found today)

No, I'm not trying to be the newscaster of MW, but this pisses me off so much I just had to say something.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/06/na...4&partner=UNTD

......what ever happened to public stonings and hangings?
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 04:59 PM   #2
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

I was so pissed when I saw the video of her being taken a few days ago. You hope and pray for the best, but know that the odds are bad for a safe return.

And then when I heard the news this morning on my drive into work, I got a real sad feeling, which turned back into anger when I heard this guy had so many prior offenses and the judges and defense attorneys let the scales of justice be tainted.

God Rest Her Soul
190 LPH fuel pump, 3-row radiator,
Maximum Motorsports full length subframes

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada(wife's car)
2005 Ford Taurus SEL (company ride)

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS !!!!
MTU 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 05:26 PM   #3
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

I think they should let him free. My street would be a great place to do that.
mustangII460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 06:12 PM   #4
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

People like that have no place on this earth. Enough said.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 11:10 AM   #5
BLACK85GT
Registered Member

I live about 40 miles north of Sarasota, so it really hits home. Sarasota is a really nice, sort of exclusive beach community. Just goes to show you nobody can be trusted these days.
Glad we have the death penalty for situations like this. Although that is letting him off easy. I think he should be kept alive and made to watch videos of how the family's everyday lives have been affected.
5.0, Holley heads, 1.7 Scorp Rockers, Stealth intake, Holley 600 carb, Holley Mech. Fuel pump, MSD 6Digital, MSD distributor, Hotchkis upper/lower rear control arms, FMS B Springs, 3:73 (8.8) rear.
Production # 9,377
BLACK85GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 11:21 AM   #6
FordFastGirl5.0
Registered Member

Angry

People like him should get stoned there is something seriously wrong with their heads, it makes me mad and sad at the same time, noone should go through that especially a little girl. When will this ever stop!
holly upper/lower intake, timing chains, F303 cam, 24lb fuel injectors, 75mm mass air meter, underdrive pulleys, 3:73 gears, BBK C.A.I., BBK long tube headers, Off road H-pipe, 17" cobra R's, 2800 stall yet to come.......
FordFastGirl5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 11:44 AM   #7
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

As a parent with three girls, and a father who lost one of them to cancer at the mere age of 17 months, you NEVER can tell what turn life will make. We need to protect our children as much as possible...keep them safe and teach them even about the bad things.

This story was such a tragety on so many levels, I don't know where to begin. I would favor public castration and then stoning during the half-time show at the Supper Bowl for people that do stuff like this instead of watching those other two clowns making fools of themselves.

There is NO punnishment or humiliation that is enough for that guy to endure that equals what that little girl went through.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 03:01 PM   #8
KiltedBanshees93GT
Registered Member

As another Tampavite (is that a word?) I've been hearing about this everymorning after work. I gotta say, there are a couple of things about how theyre handling this case that bug me.
I was watching one of the re-broadcasts of one of the early press conferences this week, and I gotta say, the Sarasota SO (or at least the Chief) seemes way too emotionally invested in the case. He seemed on the edge of tears during the conference. An emotionally involved police dept does not make for a good investigation. This can have two really negative side effects for this case.
1:Railrading/tunnel vision. The guy they have in custody has quite a record, including kidnapping(aquitted) and several drug arrests. Not a saint, but I wont convict him on the sole basis of a grainy videotape. (even if he does look like a ***hole)
2: If this is the guy, (quite possible) some of the things that the Sheriff has said to the media will provide excellent leverage for any decent, even medeocre defense lawyer.
At this point I dont see how you can venture an opinion without knowing what other info the SCSO has access to. They have been very careful as to avoid contamination of the scenes that I know of, and so far have not released any of the forensics, including TOD, which is very indicative, considering they had the guy in custody since what? Wednesday?
Also, I'm curious as to how they made the connection between him and the girl, since he was supposidly arrested on "unrelated"(read VOP) charges. (I may have missed this on the news)
All in all, its a sad situation, but I want to know the real evidence before I make up my mind.

Flame on!
J
Rice Haters Club Member #239

"I find your lack of faith...disturbing."

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." H. L. Mencken
KiltedBanshees93GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 05:50 PM   #9
BLACK85GT
Registered Member

First of all they say they have found evidence in his car.
Secondly: He has admitted it, and told the police where to find the body. That is how they found the body, through his confession.
He said he was so hopped up on drugs he does not rememeber any thing else.
5.0, Holley heads, 1.7 Scorp Rockers, Stealth intake, Holley 600 carb, Holley Mech. Fuel pump, MSD 6Digital, MSD distributor, Hotchkis upper/lower rear control arms, FMS B Springs, 3:73 (8.8) rear.
Production # 9,377
BLACK85GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 11:24 PM   #10
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

I think he should be locked in a rubber room with the little girls dad..........and a baseball bat.

-Josh, aka the tireburner

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 12:37 AM   #11
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

The law says that you are innocent unill proven guilty, right? But that pertains only to a court room with a jury. In the court of public opinion we can condem anyone we want. These rules don't pertain to any of us unless we are seating on that jury.

Hang the bastard!

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 03:11 AM   #12
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Unhappy

I was very saddened to hear of this. I was really hoping she'd make her way back to her family ok. Such a shame. This world really sucks. I really feel for her family. How hard it must be to lose a child, and especially that way. How sad.
Old 02-08-2004, 03:47 AM   #13
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by joe4speed
I was very saddened to hear of this. I was really hoping she'd make her way back to her family ok. Such a shame. This world really sucks. I really feel for her family. How hard it must be to lose a child, and especially that way. How sad.
Yeah, man. Me too. And this all transpired so quickly. It sickens me to the uttermost part of my being to see the disrespect that people can have towards others. Just to grab and dispose of life as if it were a pieced of used tissue. And to extend this evil to kids. I wonder why it even still amazes me that people can be so stupid and cruel...
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 07:05 AM   #14
RBatson
Registered Member

Thumbs down

It makes me sick to my stomach..