MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-13-2004, 03:46 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Question Favorite Work Clothes.

You know, I've been looking through pictures taken of my friends and I working on my car, and various other projets. Then I went back and reminised while looking at pictures of another friend and I working on my moms Cadillac, and our Classics. Just strolling down automotive memory lane. A span of five years.

Then I noticed while comparing some pics of myself....I'm wearing the same Dam thing in every picture! Even the one on my sig.. Yeah, thats me in the faded Orangish/Redish Harley davidson Shirt, and worn Camel Cap, with the Black jeans on.

The only change to my mechanic fashion is seasonal....The thermal shirt.

Hey, its comfy, and already worn and stained.

Do any of you all also have a favorite "Working on Car" wardrobe? I know this sounds kinda sissy, or something...But I didnt even do it conciously. Kinda freaky.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 04:20 AM   #2
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Hey, same here, man. I wear my "Dickies" thin overalls. I have 2 pair that look the same. What's under it depends on the weather outside. Also, my Mechanix work gloves (when practical) and safety goggles (whenever possible) if I go under the car on my back and will be down there for any significant amt of time.
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 07:39 AM   #3
BigCountryGT
Registered Member

Blue jeans, black tee-shirt, Raggedy OLE Miss hat, steel toe wolverines.

wife hates the look