MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-23-2004, 11:38 PM   #1
lil drummer boy
Registered Member

Default Question I'm curious about...

Ok I've got this problem which so far really doesn't seem like a huge problem, but I'm afraid it might be a warning sign that could build into something major. The winter here has been cold. It's about 30-35 degrees average during the day, and it gets down in the teens and twenties overnight. Every morning after a cold night when I leave for work I notice a bump in the rear end of the car. It almost feels like I'm driving with a flat tire. It's really noticeable at first, then I'll go down the road a mile or so and stop at the stop sign at the end of the street. Once I take off again the bumping is gone. It only does this when it's really cold and mostly overnight when the temperatures hit their lowest, and only for the first mile or so down the road then it's gone. Has anyone else had this problem? Might anyone have any idea what it could be? Is it something to be worried about?

I appreciate any feedback... thanks!

Dig heavy metal? Check out my band Remains Of Eden

Proud owner of a white 1997 Mustang GT
lil drummer boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 12:35 AM   #2
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Wow, that's a tough one. Sounds like you have a flat spot in a tire...perhaps a radial belt is broken.

You know in places where is gets REAL cold, tires do just what you describe. But I mean REAL cold. But your car is not sitting nearly long enough nor is it cold enough to have a "frozen" tire.

I would have your tires checked as well as your rims. You could also have a bent rim. A rim can get damaged from a pot hole and the colder tire temps may make you feel the flat spot in the rim more until the temp rises and them the tire becomes more pliable and the bumping seems to go away.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 11:15 AM   #3
lil drummer boy
Registered Member

Well at least now I have something to go on. Thanks for your input!

Dig heavy metal? Check out my band Remains Of Eden

Proud owner of a white 1997 Mustang GT
lil drummer boy is offline   Reply With Quote