MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 06:35 PM   #21
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Sorry for the delay in posting, but I have been out of town at Corral Day. I just got home about 10 minutes ago.

One thing I'd like to address right off the bat is that I didn't tell you the transmission had less than 30K miles on it. I told you that it came out of a car with 112K on it and that I was TOLD that it was rebuilt a couple of years ago. I said that I could not be sure of the mileage.

Mark, I have NOT cut off communication with you on purpose. Due to some personal issues at home I have been little where else except work, the hospital, and home late at night to get a few hours of sleep. By the time I got home you were no longer at your computer. I was able to post from my mom's laptop, but she doesn't have AIM and her computer hates the JavaScript my e-mail provider uses. I've also been having trouble accessing my e-mail account from home for the past several weeks. For some reason it just reads Javascript error. There have been spans of days where I couldn't access my e-mail account. Regardless, I gave you the reasons for the transmission being late. Personally I don't care if God himself was waiting on the parts, as my family and the serious medical situation that arose had to come first.

As far as the shipping charges go, I quoted you the price that UPS's website gave me. However, due some scheduling conflicts with the times that UPS was open, I ended up shipping the parts via the USPS and FedEx. I would be GLAD to refund the difference on shipping if you want.

As far as the damaged transmission goes:

1) The input shaft is not "sloppy", it's supposed to have some play in the shaft.

2) I would like to see pictures of the cracks in the transmission. I assure you that if they exist I knew nothing about them and I did not seal anything with calk. What was on the transmission was probably black RTV that was used to seal the shifter to the transmission. I ran this transmission for a long time with no problems. However, if the transmission was damaged during shipping it was insured for $600. Please post pictures of these cracks.

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 08-15-2004, 09:24 PM   #22
SurfaRiver
Registered Member

thank you for the reply. I do not have a digital camera right now, but I will post them by the end of the week

check me on your buddy list, because you appear signed off to me, however when I check you on any other screen name, you are signed on, thats normally what happens when a user blocks another user. That is why I thought you blocked communications.

I understood you had family issues for the first delay, but then you promised they'd be here for the 4th and then "dissappeared", thats why I was so concerned. I agree that your family comes first but I just wished you would have dialed my cell phone and said "They're going to be a little late".

Mark

Holley 600 CFM 4 bbl
Edlebrock Performer RPM
Comp Cam
8.8 Rear end with posi from 88 stang

Next Projects
AFR Heads
Stroker Crankshaft and new Pistons
T5

Runs 15.0 now, need more traction
Old 08-15-2004, 09:43 PM   #23
SurfaRiver
Registered Member

this might possibly be the biggest pos walmart camera in the world, but i got a couple of borderline acceptable shots of the crack in the front right corner of the box. theres one in the back center too, but i couldnt get a shot where you can see it. I'll be happy to post more when my dad gets back (next week) with is macho digital camera
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imag0123.jpg (265.8 KB, 72 views)

Holley 600 CFM 4 bbl
Edlebrock Performer RPM
Comp Cam

Next Projects
AFR Heads
T5

Old 08-15-2004, 11:04 PM   #24
srv1
Get down.....

see if this is any better:

James
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crack.jpg (96.1 KB, 62 views)
Old 08-15-2004, 11:06 PM   #25
srv1
Get down.....

Or try this one:

James
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crack2.jpg (46.0 KB, 59 views)
Old 08-15-2004, 11:31 PM   #26
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

well, i have known josh for a few years now, i dont think he would rip someone off on purpose, schit, that's all i gotta say. like james said, he know's i would be on him. , i will ole miss aint far from me, just take me a weekend drive, let me know how this turn's out!

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Old 08-16-2004, 04:20 PM   #27
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

I wanna see the pics from the good camera. From the looks of SRV1's photochop of the pic it looks like there is a huge crack all the way down the shifter base that runs the length of the base. There is no way I could have not noticed that. If it's that big it HAD to be damaged in shipping

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 08-16-2004, 10:50 PM   #28
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

From Sufariver
Quote:
These were not from shipping because they were poorly sealed with caulk.
Old 08-17-2004, 07:40 AM   #29
andy669
Registered Member

I've bought and sold hundreds of parts off of the internet. Shipping is almost always a 'best guess'. Sometimes I have overpaid for shipping, sometimes I have ended up estimating a little high and overcharging. In the end, I'm never worried about it.

The input shaft should not wiggle back and forth, but if it does thats the easiest thing to fix. There are shims between the input bearing and the input bearing retainer. Pull the 4 bolts out of the input bearing retainer (note the position of the oiling hole at the top of the retainer) and add shims until it tightens up enough to stop the wiggle, but not too tight so as to make it hard to turn the input shaft. Clean off the mating surfaces, use some silicone to reseal, and replace retainer with the 4 bolts.

As for the cracks, its too hard to tell. Looks like scratches, in the picture. Even if it is a crack, its just the tailhousing. Those are all over the place and its the second easiest thing to replace on that trans. The gearbox and the gears are what make the trans worth something.

Andy

91 LX NMRA Pure Street 5120
Old 08-19-2004, 09:14 PM   #30
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

So what the heck is going on?????
Old 08-19-2004, 09:38 PM   #31
SurfaRiver
Registered Member

turns out most of it was a misunderstanding ... josh and I are working out a compromise. There was no intentional mis-representation or anything like that.

Mark

Holley 600 CFM 4 bbl
Edlebrock Performer RPM
Comp Cam

Next Projects
AFR Heads
T5

Old 08-19-2004, 09:49 PM   #32
Hethj7
Mizzou Tigers

Thumbs up

That is good to hear. Sorry you didn't get to do your project as scheduled, but at least Josh is working it out with you now

1990 LX
GT-40 motor 262 horsepower, 307ft-lbs (sold but forever loved)

1998 Contour SVT

Rice Haters Club Member #244
Closed Thread