MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-06-2004, 07:29 PM   #1
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Default I met the President Today

As the title says! Shook his hand at Air Force One, road in the motorcade and had near front row seats to hear him speak. It was a great experience. I found him to be very warm and compassionate.

President Bush asked to meet us to acknowledge my wife and I for our service to children with cancer. We started a non-profit organization 4 years ago after loosing our little girl to cancer. Home of Their Own provides isolation housing to children who are recovering from bone marrow transplants.

Here is a photo from today and we will be receiving an official signed photo in a few weeks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 20041006-9_pafreedom-298h.jpeg (18.2 KB, 66 views)

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 09:26 PM   #2
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

That is great! George W. Bush has a heart as big as Texas and the warm and compassionate that you saw was NOT put on just because he is running for president! I'd shake his hand any day

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 01:17 PM   #3
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Thumbs up Thanks and congratulations

Thanks for the nice photo and your account of the 'presidential' experience. I appreciate it, as do many others, I'm sure.

I've always believed President George W. Bush to be a warm and compassionate man and now you've seen that up close and personal. He's just a good guy.

Congratulations and may your good work continue until, hopefully, a cure for cancer is finally found and the work is needed no more.
Old 10-08-2004, 03:03 PM   #4
1989GT
Registered Member

That's cool! I was pretty close to the front when he came and spoke at Ft. Campbell a little while back. Didn't get to shake his hand though.
-Ryan

00GT, Vortech S-Trim, Steeda Boost Pipe, C&L intake, Mac off-road H-pipe, Flowmasters, B&M Ripper shifter, Eibach Sportline springs, Koni Struts/shocks, MM full length subframe connectors, Cobra brakes, 3.73's.
My Car Domain Page
1989GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 06:32 PM   #5
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

I don't usually post things such as this, but check out this link for an idea on character of GWB.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/v/vincent.htm

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 01:18 PM   #6
1989GT
Registered Member

Quote:
I don't usually post things such as this, but check out this link for an idea on character of GWB.
Great link man! It's good to see things like that.
-Ryan

00GT, Vortech S-Trim, Steeda Boost Pipe, C&L intake, Mac off-road H-pipe, Flowmasters, B&M Ripper shifter, Eibach Sportline springs, Koni Struts/shocks, MM full length subframe connectors, Cobra brakes, 3.73's.
My Car Domain Page
1989GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 02:55 PM   #7
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Post A truly compassionate conservative

Originally posted by silver_pilate :

Quote:
Thanks, Nathan.

That account by Bruce Vincent was so moving that it had me choked up - but I've read similar accounts. It's obvious that President George W. Bush is a sincere and compassionate man, among his other qualities. This is partly why I get annoyed when he is portrayed as some sort of doofus or a sinister phony, as some on the left want to do. That's just wrong.

We can argue about the politics forever but the fact remains that President Bush really is the good man he seems to be. His character is strong and his compassion, real. If you disagree with his policies that still may not be enough to persuade you to vote for President Bush but it should at least help you top realize that the president is sincere and never wanted a war - anywhere - but simply responded to the one visited upon us on 9/11/01. He has my vote, as much for his character and integrity as for his foreign and domestic policies. This true account of a meeting with President Bush that turned into a prayer session for the author's mother, is just another example of the character of George W. Bush.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:46 AM   #8
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

Thumbs up

Blake - thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Nathan - thank you for posting that link.

E

331 cu. in. / Tremec 3550 / BFG Drag Radials

12.22 @ 114.31 mph - w/1.89 60'
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 06:38 PM   #9
mustardjohn
Registered Member

Pretty powerful stuff. Thanks to both for posting.

Hey the picture is great....
Old 10-16-2004, 12:42 AM   #10
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Time for a new avator? What do ya think?

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote