MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-29-2004, 05:49 PM   #1
racerboy88
Registered Member

Angry Damn Thieves- rant

I just got my car back from the body shop. Bastards broke into my car as well as 3 others and stole one from my underground parking garage. They came back 3 days letter and tried to steal my car. My car was off the road with storage insurance and luckily I pulled the battery out of my car. Came home that morning at about 130am and when I checked on my car there was someone sitting in my passenger seat. When I yelled out the guy got out and a couple of secs later another guy came out of the drivers side. I chased them out and called the cops. They did about $1000 damage to my car. Talk about inconvenience.

racerboy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 07:32 PM   #2
Fat0eknee
I'm slow ...I know.

Default Re: Damn Thieves- rant

thats pathetic, i cant stand that kind of stuff - it makes me angry just thinkin about it
Fat0eknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 08:06 AM   #3
KiltedBanshees93GT
Registered Member

Dang, that sucks, what did they do to it?
Rice Haters Club Member #239

"I find your lack of faith...disturbing."

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." H. L. Mencken
KiltedBanshees93GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 01:52 AM   #4
nastyn8
Smokes The Dope

Angry Re: Damn Thieves- rant

forget calling the cops. the cops they usually dont show up for another 45 minutes. I myself dial 357. What all did they damage?
Nothing makes me more pissed than when someone breaks into car or house. Not to help I live 2 blocks from the housing projects. A couple months ago my truck was broken into and about a thousand dollars worth stereo was stolen (luckily my honorable neighbor chased them down and they dropped all of my stuff) but the only thing that really made me boil was that when they jerked the wires out of my amplifier they left the power wire and the ground laying on the carpet about a half inch apart. If my truck would have been caught on fire or had any electrical shortage of sort I would burn the projects down.
nastyn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 12:57 PM   #5
racerboy88
Registered Member

they wrecked the door around the lock cylinder, and the whole steering column was destroyed as well as the ignition system. The invoice for the damage was just under $1000. It's tough b/c you have to get the steering coloumn repaired properly. It takes a while to fix it so that the steering lock works as well as the signal cancel.
Surprisingly, the cops showed up within 5 minutes as well as the dog squad. Unfortunately, the dog lost the scent about 6 blocks away.

racerboy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 01:41 AM   #6
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Knowing that cars were being broken into and stolen in such a confined area.... anybody want to take a guess at why the cops didn't have the spot staked out?
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 03:02 PM   #7
dlfd911

I had a Jeep stolen a few years ago. If I caught someone messing with my stang in my underground garage, they would be easy to identify. The guy with the black eye and broken arm.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:15 PM   #8
cenok is family
Registered Member

man, you saying "It's tough b/c you have to get the steering coloumn repaired properly. It takes a while to fix it so that the steering lock works as well as the signal cancel." makes me think that my car was stolen at some point and was never found meaning my car may be hot. i bought it from a guy almost 2 years ago for $300 and when i got it from the guy:

1) he didnt have ANY keys for it
2) there were no locks on either doors at all
3) the title was "lost" at some point
4) the steering column lock doesnt work
5) it was in total pieces like it was chopped
6) he told me it was a 90 model but when i ran a carfax it said it was an 88...how do you not even know what year your car is?

man i hope when i go apply for a lost title they dont try to take my car away from me...with almost 2 years of rebuilding and converting and easily over $5000 from my own pocket invested....i'd cry like no other. $5000 might not seem like that much but when you're living off the 'college student living on his own' budget...that's a fortune. On the other hand though, like i said above i ran a carfax on the car and it didnt say anything about it being stolen...god i hope not.
308 rebuilt by me, Ross forged pistons, cobra intake, thumpers with 1.94/1.6s, afm n-412 cam, 65mm tb, proflow 75mm maf, 3.5" power pipe, 24# inj, 255lph fp, 1.6 rr's, kirban afpr, u/d pullies, KC clutch, pro 5.0 shifter, 4.10's, hedman L/Ts, 2.5" H pipe, spintech prostreets, frpp alum d/s, MAC c/c plates, MSD 6al, 3G alt, f/l sfc, UPR uca's/lca's, tokico shocks/struts, maxspeed springs, HID 5000k

My CarDomain
cenok is family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 09:20 AM   #9
KiltedBanshees93GT
Registered Member

Cenok,
I hate to say it man, but those are some scremin' red flags. The carfax thing kinda encourages me tho, arent those reports generated off the insurance records?

J
Rice Haters Club Member #239

"I find your lack of faith...disturbing."

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." H. L. Mencken
KiltedBanshees93GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 04:41 PM   #10
cenok is family
Registered Member

Yeah i believe they are. It tells you all periods that your car has been owned since it was made, and it specifically tells you if your car was wrecked or stolen and on my carfax it said nothing. i dont know whether or not i should talk to the tag agency or something or go to a junk yard and try to buy a VIN plate and title to another mustang (i've heard of a lot of junkyards that do that) and switch it over. it would be a salvaged title but a salvaged title is better than no title or having my car taken away from me.
308 rebuilt by me, Ross forged pistons, cobra intake, thumpers with 1.94/1.6s, afm n-412 cam, 65mm tb, proflow 75mm maf, 3.5" power pipe, 24# inj, 255lph fp, 1.6 rr's, kirban afpr, u/d pullies, KC clutch, pro 5.0 shifter, 4.10's, hedman L/Ts, 2.5" H pipe, spintech prostreets, frpp alum d/s, MAC c/c plates, MSD 6al, 3G alt, f/l sfc, UPR uca's/lca's, tokico shocks/struts, maxspeed springs, HID 5000k

My CarDomain
cenok is family is offline   Reply With Quote