MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-24-2004, 03:15 PM   #1
Ieatcamaros
Domestic Rice really sucks!

Default This sucks

We got a lot of sleet and snow Wednesday night. I have about 3/4" sheet of ice on my driveway covered by about 2" of snow and sleet mix with drifts as much as 1' deep. The snow is so hard that I only leave a footprint in the snow about 1/2" deep or so. This is the one time of the year where I envy you people who live in Florida. Just two months ago I was glad I didn't live in Florida. It's funny how the tables have turned. In my area, we usually don't get this kind of weather. Maybe 6" of snow or less all winter. I got nothing better to do right now, so I thought I'd share my snow and sleet with y'all.

Old 12-24-2004, 06:31 PM   #2
Capri306

Default Re: This sucks

Be thankful that you don't live in Michigan like I do! It's colder than a witch's [kitty] here; supposed to get down to -15F tonight, and Christmas isn't predicted to get much warmer than ~5F.

It's so funny to me because I live in Grand Rapids to go to school, which is one of the snowiest parts of the country due to lake effect snow. Not one week after I came home, we had about twelve inches fall Wednesday night & Thursday morning, without a salt truck in sight yet. The roads are [snickers] and it's so damn cold that it's all turning into solid ice.

Here's what I don't get: each time I've gotten behind a Jeep Cherokee, with 4WD, in traffic, they drive slower than molasses in January! I'm flying around them in my lil' FWD 4-banger without a problem! I just don't get it. If I get my way and acquire an Eddie Bauer Bronco, I'm gonna be so happy to have a V8 again and still kick ass out there when it gets slick.

Good luck to you (and the rest of us) digging out! Be sure to lay some good rock salt down, the stuff with calcium chloride works below zero, regular salt doesn't.

1979 Mercury Capri
1987 5.0L Mustang LX Notchback
1993 5.8L Eddie Bauer Bronco
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 09:46 AM   #3
Jeff Chambers

-5F this morning here just outside of Norwalk OH. We got 24 inches of snow on Wednesday/Thursday; more snow in any 24 hour period than I can remember. I had to leave my '01GT in the parking lot of a resturant on Wednesday night because I couldn't get anywhere on the 245/45ZR17 Sumitomo HZR II's. I ordered a set of 225/55HR16 Dunlop Wintersport M3's on steel rims from Tire Rack about noon on Thursday and they showed up yesterday about 5:00pm (great service Tire Rack!). If it gets anywhere above nut-freezing temperatures today, I'm gonna bolt 'em on!
CRT Performance
2001 Tropic Green Mustang GT - 12.181 / 113.2 MPH
2002 Ford F-250 Crew Cab 7.3l Power Stroke - 17.41@77.2

"There's nothing boring about a small block automatic shifting gears at 9400 rpm!"
Jeff Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 10:02 AM   #4
Ieatcamaros
Domestic Rice really sucks!

Yeah, there is no way I could live in Michigan. Y'alls average snow fall is like 10' per year. Maybe not but I know because of the lake effect snow, you guys get a butt load of snow. I managed to get through the ice and snow yesterday so we could do the family thing last night. Capri, I feel ya driving behind those people like that. In a rwd mustang, I was passing people with 4wd last night. I understand being cautious, but some people are just too cautious. That's just like the guy/girl who drives 45-50 in a 70 mph interstate. That's a hazard. Anyway, it was supposed to get real cold last night (2F). Right now it is 10F with a 1 mph wind. So I guess it's not so bad considering -5F in Ohio. Jeff, good luck getting your gt out. Merry Christmas to all. I hope everbody gets mustang parts.
Old 12-25-2004, 10:57 AM   #5
aar0s
Registered Member

we got 20 in of snow and sub zero temps here! This is the most snow we have had in like 30 years, thank god my stang is in the barn and the lumber yard i work for has a v10 4wd flatbed (weighs about 9000 lb)
aar0s is offline   Reply With Quote