MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-22-2001, 09:01 PM   #1
PGkelly
Registered Member

Thumbs down Bah, new Z?

sorry, this has nothing to do with Mustangs, or ever Fords. i just needed to vent.

Has anyone seen the new Z car from Nissan? how horrible is that! ever since the 300, it's been downhill for the Z. they are all a total perversion of the styling cues that make a Z a Z. and they use a V6 to boot! a V6 is just a bad idea for a performance car. that engine layout only exists because it's easy to design a car around. but anyways, gone are the round headlights, gone are the beautiful roofline and tail section. it is a sad, sad day.

p.s. you're lucky i didn't get to the new RX-8

------------------
If it ain't broke, make it go faster
PGkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2001, 09:51 PM   #2
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Red face

I don't mean to sound all preachy or anything, but the old 300ZX was powered by a 3 liter V6. Granted, it had a twin turbo set up on the pricey models, but it was still a V6. I agree with you that the new one is just an acid trip gone bad. But then again, it is a ricer.

------------------
1989 GT- Vortech blown 306, Anderson 3" power pipe, Vortech S-Trim 14# boost, MSD-6BTM, black wrinkle finish Cobra valve covers(woohoo), world class T-5, 3.55 gears, custom sub-frame connectors, Cobra grille insert and rear valance, Saleen "whale" wing, 4 wheel disc conversion, 11.1@124
1994 Cobra- MAC cold air fender kit, Motorsport underdrive pulley's, MAC 21/2" off-road H pipe, SVO mufflers, 3.73 gears, E-303 cam, 13.417@101.335mph
bigwhitecobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2001, 11:26 PM   #3
Unit 5302
Registered Member

He's comparing it to the old 280ZX's.

The new ones are ugly.

BTW, I like the 300ZX better than the 280's so to each his own.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 12:47 AM   #4
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Oh......now I see the "ever since the 300, it's been downhill for the Z." I need to pay more attention. Either way, the new one sucks, and the old ones are good. Well, that about covers it.
bigwhitecobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 12:16 PM   #5
Mach 1
Registered Member

My friend just modded the crap out of his 300ZX. The car is BAD *** ! Im not getting anywhere near him in my stang without a power adder. I must admit, for a ricer, the 300z is not a bad ride, even in stock trim. He had it on jack stands, and there was NO FLEX at all in the frame. That is one well built, stiff frame. My mustang flops around like a wet noodle on jack stands, like all the flexible flyer fox bodies.

Granted, he put $9000.00 in mods into the car, and hes pushing around 20 lbs of boost through each turbo, and it doesnt have a back seat, etc...there are things about the car I dont like, but I was very impressed when I rode in it after he was finished. A very expensive car to modify though- I think he paid $216.00 for ONE fuel injector..lol. Out of my leauge.

I havent seen the new one yet. Is it still called the 300?

------------------
1993 GT/AOD
'93 Mustang GT
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 11:49 PM   #6
PGkelly
Registered Member

the new one is the 350Z, with a three and a half liter V6. the old Z's are much better for three reasons: they are simple, they look good, and you can put a ford 351 in 'em cheap.

------------------
If it ain't broke, make it go faster
PGkelly is offline   Reply With Quote