MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-09-2001, 05:29 PM   #1
1BadMoFo5.0

Post RX-7!!!

I just wanted to get yall's opinion on the rx7 this guy has for sell. http://alfonzobl.myplace.com I just wondered what all thought of it.

------------------
90' 5.0 GT Convertible Mustang. 69' Mustang Mach 1 Fastback. Too much to list here so if you want to know ask me.
AOL name: Woodnutz351
Old 03-09-2001, 06:24 PM   #2
dinomite
The Dude

WOOHOO!! Rotary power. I've always liked the cars, just cause of the wankel engines. I think that they run low 14s stock, other than power adders (blowers and bottles) I don't know how you can get more out of them. I've never even sat in one, so I can't tell you about the ride/handling/comfort/anything. PGKelly should have something to say about this....
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 08:49 PM   #3
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Cool

The car looks pretty badass, it's also most likely hella quick. If I had unlimited funds and all, I'd buy it, but I don't and I would much rather have a blown 4.6L Cobra.

Unfortunately the rotory motors don't last long, if you have 100k on one stock, it's done.

I think this guy also needs to realize there is a very small market for race cars. That and you'll never get anywhere even close back out of a car what you put into it. He's wanting 2x what a stock RX-7 is going for, and I don't think he's gonna get it from many people.

I can certainly think of better ways of spending my limited funds than on a short lifed car like that. Damn, the maintenence bills on that thing are gonna be huge.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 09:56 PM   #4
91LX2Bfast
Registered Member

My cousin had a '93 Twin turbo and all I can say is it was awesome. It is the best handling car I have ever been in, and you wouldn't believe the power that little engine makes.
This guy is not going to get $30K+ for it. It is way too modified.
91LX2Bfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2001, 09:17 PM   #5
Power
Registered Member

pretty nice car........the only one i ever liked better than the rx-7 was nissans 300z.........ive had two of them and they were the fastest cars i ever had.

------------------
1966 Baby blue Coupe, 289 w/ man. 3-speed, nothing special but the fact that it is my first mustang. I am a former import guru....no more.

I've never run it except on the street, it has new wheels & tires, new exaust, and that about covers it. Looking to change a lot in the future including engine. Any ideas are appreciated.
Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2001, 12:01 AM   #6
PGkelly
Registered Member

VERY nice. i love the idea of a rotary engine. and since his car is crazy fast he can be forgiven the ricey accesories. I guess he really doesn't understand that adding things like that to a car don't increase value....but still, i really like it. i'd get it over just about anything if i had the money. although i prefer the second generation RX-7's, the third gen's were a lot faster. too bad they don't sell 'em anymore. those twrily motors sound really good too...

------------------
If it ain't broke, make it go faster
PGkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2001, 12:17 AM   #7
Token Right Guy
Registered Member

Lightbulb

Beautiful car, excepting of course the wing & front fascia...looks like it was put together right & clearly a lot of money is invested in it.
Odd that it's pictured at a drag strip, yet no mention of times/time slips? Also, it has no cage, so how fast could it realistically be?
It does look like it would be great fun on back roads, though...
Token Right Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 04:43 PM   #8
Tony Frank
Registered Member

if i were buying a car and the dude is white smoking the tires i would be a little turned off by that. im sure everyone does it if its that modded, but id rather not see it

------------------
1985 Mustang GT 15,000 original miles, cam, intake, headers, carb, windage tray, you know the goodies
Tony Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 05:05 PM   #9
Stefan
Registered Member

Thumbs up

The wing is a little much but the car does look badass. I would like to see a timeslip or dyno #'s or something, though.

------------------
66 Tahoe Turquoise Coupe
Laser Red 96GT Ragtop
30 Years & 30 inches apart in the driveway!
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 02:45 AM   #10
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Thumbs down

hey SpeedvisionjunkyMoFo

I like it except the wing and headlights. I love flip up headlights...like my first little probe hehe

I bet its pretty fast but $30K? Dream on. I'd said maybe $20K

I agree with the tire smoking pic. Is he a tard??

------------------
Elisha (Mustang Chick Extraordinaire)
1994 GT/Saleen: GT-40 intake,4.10s, full exhaust, pulleys.
Sold the 1986 LX sedan
http://www.geocities.com/mustangbelle_306
AOL name: GT306Chick

Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote