MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-28-2001, 02:52 PM   #1
spinemup
Registered Member

Question i need your advise guys

well, i met a girl on the internet a couple days ago. we chat all the time now and are beginning to really dig each other. She drives a stang which is a plus and she knows her **** . the problem is she lives 700 miles away.... have any of you guys met a special someneone on the net? if so tell me your stories i wanna hear what you guys think i should do.

------------------

THE MIGHTY NOTCH
aol instant message= spinemup91
spinemup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 02:58 PM   #2
SkarodoM
Registered Member

Cool

Hey maine, look at it this way.. usair e-saver tickets... round trip for ~$150 everytime ive had to go somewheres.. min stay is only 1day sometimes too.. no max stay i dont think.

Go meet her.. hang out.. get to know her if ya like her.

LD isnt easy i dont think, but ya might kick yourself for passing up the opportunity.. if ya like her that much etc.

*shrug* cant hurt much to try, and knowing is better than wondering methinks

Phil
Jerico Performance
SkarodoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 05:13 PM   #3
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

Took the words right out of my mouth!! Be Alive! Enjoy! And post pictures when u meet her Light Em Up!!!
NoSlow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 09:39 PM   #4
GTGrl00
Stang Chic Extraordinaire

Thumbs up

I personally have not meet someone on the internet but a good friend of mine used live in PA he and meet with a girl in a chat room. After chattin' for a couple of monthes he decided he had to finally meet this girl in person so he flew out here to Cali, meet her and a month later they were married. I dunno he just told me as soon as he meet her in person he knew she was the one. Sweet ending. I think you should give it a shot, really what do you got to loose? and atleast you'll know if you really dig this chick or not. Who know's she might be the future Mrs. Spinemup! j/k

------------------
Yours in SPEED=======
Mandy aka GTGRL00
GTGrl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 09:45 PM   #5
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Careful spinemup.

Have you seen her photo?
How much do you know about her, really.
700 miles. Kinda far. IF it works out, who's gonna move?
RARELY have I seen internet love connections work out. I mean really work out (like long term).

Hope that helps even a little. (sorry about being so negative)

-------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup
4" Cowl
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8)
Stock 5.8L
C4 w/ shift kit
1.5" MAC full length headers
Holley 750 CFM
Edelbrock intake
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
8.8" Rear end w/ 3.55 gears (Now that's more like it!!)
Front: 225/60/15 Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
14 x 4” K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup soon)

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 10:04 PM   #6
EZRIDN
Registered Member

i think that chat rooms could bea great place to meet someone. Where in the US is she? Did she send a pic yet? i would give it some more time on the net and then make a decision.

------------------
'86 GT.
Gears & Flows
EZRIDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 12:46 AM   #7
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

Talking

I met my current boy on the internet. We have hit it off SO well too. Besides Mustangs we share many other passions... music, plays, literature, art, etc. The list goes on. I'm not just saying this Spinemup, but sometimes people meet for a reason and they are drawn together by unknown forces. I personally think that any chance at a relationship with a wonderful person should not be passed up. Maybe time and distance is a good thing. But you never know what could happen...

------------------
Jodi
AKA PonyGirl
Red 68 GT Fastback and Black 99 GT Coupe
"Not your average Mustangs..."
http://hometown.aol.com/redlilpony/Homepage.html

RedLilPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 09:39 AM   #8
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

I agree with Jodi Spin... it really could work out. Life is too short to pass on things bc of silly problems like distance. If the person is worth it, why not? Just because they are farther away doesn't mean they don't care any less, or miss you any less than if they were next to you. Sure, its hard, but isn't it better than kicking yourself for not trying, and wondering what could have been? Good luck, and keep us updated (and don't listen to that grizzly ol party pooper Fox Body )

------------------
Elisha (Mustang Chick Extraordinaire)
1994 GT/Saleen: Cartech intake,4.10s, full exhaust, pulleys, Compucar nitrous kit 125 shot
Sold the 1986 LX sedan
http://www.geocities.com/mustangbelle_306
AOL name: GT306Chick

Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 09:57 AM   #9
spinemup
Registered Member

yea ill keep you guys updated. im kinda worried though. her mustang might be faster than mine. i can't be havin none of that.
Old 03-30-2001, 12:40 AM   #10
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Wink

From personal experiance, if she's a cool girl, which I'm sure you have excellent taste in the matter , then by all means, don't let an opportunity pass you up.

I've passed up a bunch of relationships, I'm actually a shy guy in real life (hehehe, no really!) and I've let some cool girls slip away without trying. You'll regret it if you don't do anything, and if it doesn't work out, then it doesn't work out, at least you took a chance with a very cool girl, and best case scenerio's dictate you've either got the right girl for you, or a good friend you can call on in the future!

If I were in your shoes, I'd go for it all the way, or at least give it a serious chance!

Later,
Kell
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 02:39 AM   #11
Power
Registered Member

Sorry i got to this topic kinda late. I met my current wife on the internet about 2years ago. We just hit it off and started flying back and forth to see each other. If everything works out then great....if not then you made a new friend and had some fun. OH, did I mention she was from texas and me from hawaii??...thats about 3500 miles i think. just some thoughts.....
Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 08:20 AM   #12
spinemup
Registered Member

yea you guys are right. ive talking on the phone with her lately and she is a real sweetheart. ive been just pushing her away because i think that the distance will just keep us apart. but now i know that i just gotta go for it.... its not to often you meet a nice chick that likes cars and is as cute as a button ....
Old 04-02-2001, 01:35 PM   #13
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

THAT'S MY MAN!! Great Spimemup! You can join the "As the blue oval turns" cast now Light Em Up!
NoSlow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 01:40 PM   #14
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Sorry, but I just dont trust anyone on the internet. Its like an invitation to lie and be someone your not. The only way I would ever met a girl from the net was if she was close and she was ready to meet asap, I'm not gonna play around with her on the net for a ong time. That distance would just make it un-workable for me. But I'm sure you have a good ear for things. Feel it out, if it feels good then go for it. Regret is the worst thing.

Skyer

------------------
-1989 Saleen Mustang #406- TFS Heads, E-303, edelbrock intake,70MM TB, 73mm MAF, off road H, headers and 3chamber flows.
12.55@107mph
Runs on 87 Octane and gets 24mpg!
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 01:45 PM   #15
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Sounds like you have had a bad experience Sky, but you're not looking at the big picture...to everyone else YOU are the potential liar. If a person is going to lie, they are going to do it no matter what: in person, phone, net whatever. I think Derek is having a little faith...whats the worst that can happen if you decide not to take the leap? you make a new friend...

------------------
Elisha (Mustang Chick Extraordinaire)
1994 GT/Saleen: Cartech intake,4.10s, full exhaust, pulleys, Compucar nitrous kit 125 shot
Sold the 1986 LX sedan
http://www.geocities.com/mustangbelle_306
AOL name: GT306Chick

Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 03:53 PM   #16
Rocket 99GT
Registered Member

Have you ever thought that maybe SHE IS A HE?
Rocket 99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 07:37 AM   #17
spinemup
Registered Member

i think she is realizing more everyday that im a geek... because i haven't talked to her as much lately and she seems kinda iffy when ever i mention going to visit her..... well i guess im gonna just have to play it by ear and try not to be too pushy.