MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-03-2001, 05:09 PM   #21
dinomite
The Dude

Goddamn. This stuff really pisses me off. I hope the insurance company does you well. Anyone know how to wire one of those fuel cutoff switches in the passenger compartment?
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 07:10 PM   #22
xspeed02
Registered Member

Sorry to hear that bro. I hope everything turns out ok. Goodluck and keep us informed. I've had nightmares of having my car stolen, and I only have liability. I'm definitely hopping back on comp and collision again though.

------------------
Team Xspeed Leader/Co-Founder
1990 Black Mustang GT 5spd
Current Mods: 2 1/2 Offroad H-Pipe, Borla Cat-Back Exhaust, 91-93 5 Star Pony Wheels, K&N Filter, Free Mods, Pioneer Headunit, MB Quartz Speakers, Orion Xtreme 300 Amp, 2 JL Audio W0's, 130 Amp Alternator, 3.73's, Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
Future Mods: Engine rebuild with Trickflow Heads, GT-40 Intake, Custom Ground Cam, and 14lb ATI Procharger!
AIM=xspeed02

xspeed02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 02:49 AM   #23
StreetRacin89Stang
Registered Member

Listen to this. In the past year there have been five 5.0 mustangs stolen from my 60,000 population town. My friend chris had 2 stolen, a stock 90 and a 91 w/a 306. Two other guys had their 5.0s stolen one with a S-Trim and one with a blown 351. And my other friends Eric had his 93 vert stolen from his work! Im getting worried. When i leave it in a lot im gonna take the cap and rotor with me!!!

------------------
89 5.0 GT White w/Blue Racing Stripes
K&N, 73mm Mass Air, Ported and Polished Stock Heads, E303 Cam, MAC equal Length Headers, Off Road H-Pipe, Borla Mufflers, 3.73's Sway Bars, Strut Tower Brace, Subframe Connectors, Eibach Springs, Koni Adjustables/Reds, Pony 5 Stars, 1000 Watt JL Audio System, No P/S , No Smog Pump
StreetRacin89Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 08:56 AM   #24
Tom351
Registered Member

That is horrible, One of those things that you think is never gonna happen to you.

------------------
67 Fastback - Arctic White Pearl paint
351W ,Trick Flow Aluminum Heads, Edelbrock TorkerII, Carter 750 CFM, Comp. Cam 477/510 219/233@.050, Performance Automatic C-4 Trans, 3.55 gears, Front Disc Brakes, 1-1/8" Fr. 3/4" rear sway bars.

My 351W Fastback
Tom351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 09:40 AM   #25
QUIN
Registered Member

oh my god dude. i never thought i would come back to the board and see this. after all the sh!t we talked on theives about a year ago,,,,, jesus dude. that sux azz.
you know what i would do! but finding out 'who' is the hard part.
where do you work? it must be a big place. (going out to lock my doors as i type!)
i also think it was someone that knew your car either directly, or maybe lives close by so has seen it go by enough to know something had been done to it. keep an eye out for people you know who have mustangs or even people you dont know but have seen, and watch for any 'substantial' performance gains that would take most of us time to save up for.
dont give up on this. i wish i was close to you to help.
talked to a guy yesterday about theives and he was saying his stereo got stollen and they took his pager. the next day he paged him, and the stupid african american (not suggesting they are all stupid) called him back!!! he got his address and everything off of his caller i.d.!!!!! and get this,,,,, THE COPS WOULDNT DO **** . they said that all they could so is get him for receiving stolen goods. i would of told them to go for it then and get me my ***&ing **** back! then id deal with it again about 6 months down the road with my own hands.
he didnt have my mentality, or ability/anger however and let it go.
man, im going out to smoke after this one. cant beleive this generic a$$ sh!t.
one other thing,,,, they obviously had good/decent mechanical skills and knowledge of what to get. something else that might help point them out. (could be a single person and not a them too.)
later man, i gotta lock my ***&ing door for real.
Q

------------------
Quin, 87 GT,306,forged pistons,edelbrock head\intak,steeda#18cam,1.7rr,MSD Blaster tfi coil,A9L,pro-m75mm,24#inj,accufab65mm,2.5"pipes,hooker headers,dynomax exhaust,3.73 gr,110 lph fp,180*therm,moroso cold air,ASP pullies, weld rims

The beast has awoken!

I see your shwartz is as big as mine, now lets see how well you handle it!
QUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 11:31 AM   #26
xspeed02
Registered Member

After reading all this and being extremely paranoid myself I called today and got Comp and Collision again. The thought of having my car broken into or stolen is just... god, its about as bad as a woman getting raped.

------------------
Team Xspeed Leader/Co-Founder
1990 Black Mustang GT 5spd
Current Mods: 2 1/2 Offroad H-Pipe, Borla Cat-Back Exhaust, 91-93 5 Star Pony Wheels, K&N Filter, Free Mods, Pioneer Headunit, MB Quartz Speakers, Orion Xtreme 300 Amp, 2 JL Audio W0's, 130 Amp Alternator, 3.73's, Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
Future Mods: Engine rebuild with Trickflow Heads, GT-40 Intake, Custom Ground Cam, and 14lb ATI Procharger!
AIM=xspeed02

xspeed02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 03:11 PM   #27
Rick 91GT
Procharged!

[i[OH MY GOD...[/i]I just saw this post. Sorry to hear about your loss, I agree with the others it was someone who knew what you had, and you just got done doing a lot this winter what a shame. Is all the Griggs stuff still on the car? I would look around to see who has what maybe you see some of your old parts around....good luck with the insurance company. My fiance is a agent and we talk about this all the time unless you have the car apprasied and have the reicepts they only have to give you blue book value. I also worry about it so I have multiple cut off switches on my car now, plus my alarm which kills it. Good luck keep us updates, again sorry for your loses...

------------------
Check Out My Site 91GT,Holley SysteMAX II Kit-Heads 2.02" x 1.60" port matched to a 1262,Anderson N-61,24#,76mm C&L,Full MAC exhaust 1-5/8" Long tubes,2-1/2" O.R H-Pipe,2 1/2" cat back, No A/C or PS or emissions, 12" K&N Filter,RNH PERFORMANCE Ram Air,Ron Davis Radiator,Full Suspension,S&W 8pt "X" brace,JAZ seats,3:73's,Welds..etc,4:30's and 31 splines coming very soon!
Rick 91GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2001, 09:32 AM   #28
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

WOW. This sucks spinemup.
Tell that insurance company that you are buying the car back if they total it. It's your f$#cking car and they're not getting it!!!!

I hope you get this straightened out man. I really feel fo ya.

------------------
Too much to list. Best ET on the car so far with stock 2.73 gears - 13.73@102mph

Indiana Stangers Association
Buy your parts here
ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2001, 05:32 PM   #29
hillie16
Buford T Justice

Man that sucks, I hope they'll hook you up with replacing the mods.

------------------
In Memory of Dale Earnhardt 1951-2001

Deep forest green '95 Mustang GTS, B&M Ripper 5-speed, air silencer removed, K&N filter, advanced timing, 2 chamber Flowmasters, 2000 Mustang GT wheels, Indiglo whiteface gauges, and lots of wishing I had the money for more.

1989 Ford Bronco 4X4 Eddie Bauer Edition
351 stock except K&N filter, currently has a blown rear end.

Aliquippa Outlaws LEGAL STREET RACING!!!
hillie16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 12:24 PM   #30
jimberg
Registered Member

I have a file FULL of receipts. My wife gathered them all for me. I think she was more concerned about being able to remind me how much I already spent on the car, but having documentation for the insurance company is a good side effect. We're also fortunate enough to be members of one of the best insurance companies in the U.S. USAA.

My car's body isn't in the greatest shape and my hood still has yet to be painted, but I don't think people steal cars like ours for their looks. I don't like alarms so I will probably figure out how to set up a few strategic cut-off switches.

------------------
351W 89 Mustang GT Convertible
jimberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 01:06 PM   #31
SHaFT7
Registered Member

Red face

time to install my iginition cutoff on my alarm...and hide the alarm better

throw up some links on how to wire fuel cutoffs

------------------
SHaFTed

91GT, Flows, dumps, 70MM BBK TB, K&N, Hurst short throw, T5, 17" Lexani Roma wheels, 235/40/R17 on front, 255/45/R17 on back, mach1 hood, LX tail lights, bright red!
SHaFT7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 09:35 PM   #32
Motorhead302
Registered Member

What you need to do is find out who it is by whatever means you have, like watching hangout spots and looking for you parts, or whatever.
(this is the important part)
Then if you get a good idea of who it is you need to get someone from out of town *ahem* with a nondescript car *cough cough* and an interesting array of armaments to come around *ahem cough* and "take care of things" for you. *cough*

Not sure who you could get, *coughmecough* but I'm sure you could find someone out there.
Eric Mencl
"Mustang Avenger"?

------------------
95 GT
Pulleys, headers, off road, 3.55's, Tremec 3550, Cobra Clutch
14.4's @ 96mph before exhaust
Beats auto LS1's after
Visit my homepage

Motorhead302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 01:51 AM   #33
88GT5.013.02

I finally put the fuel cut-off on my car. I am also going to put an ignition kill switch on when I get a chance. I also take my coil wire off when I will be somewhere for a long while.

It sounds like a PITA, but if you love your car it is worth it. I just got new chrome Cobra R rims and I don't wan't them to go bye-bye.

If you would like info on this e-mail me at black88stang@yahoo.com. There are many ways to do this.