MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-08-2001, 12:59 PM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Angry Getting Pi$$ed because my Posts wont go through.

It seems like more and more often, I either cant get on this sight, or my Posts that are over two paragraphs wont go through. Its starting to really really tick me off. I spend a chunck of time typing for nothing.

Is anyone else having this problem????? I've been trying to post in the street racers Forum for about 2 days now. My Old steed beat a mid 90's LS-1 and I'm trying to tell about it.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 06:14 PM   #2
dinomite
The Dude

The server(s) that host mustangworks are pretty slow, and if you are on a dialup, watch tv or read while you are browsing the site. Whenever I'm writing something long, I copy and paste it into a word processor before i submit it, so all is not lost.
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 07:21 PM   #3
StangFlyer
Founder

Lightbulb

Sorry to tell you, but that can't be. As, the main MustangWorks.com server is on a remote hosting service (to even the staff) and I myself go through the Internet to access it. I am on an near T1 speed SDSL connection and I get over 100K per second off the main server. The site has no delays. If there were issues with speed concerning the server, it would be very noticeable with a board band connection. This is because you know your connectivity isn't slow, so if a site has very poor performance it has to be either Net congestion or the server.

The main Mustang Works server is a dedicated server, it sits on the fifth largest hosting service in the world, and it's on a gigabit network with multiple OC3 connections.

Regardless, if there is any issue with server speed, it's not going to be one for long. I am personally building a new main server that will operate the sites when it is done, and that should happen some time fairly soon. Once it goes online, we'll have three separate machines that run Mustang Works, Fun Ford, and our other sites.

------------------
Dan McClain, Editor
The Mustang Works Magazine
1991 Mustang GT - NOVI Supercharged 377 Stroker
1999 Ford Lightning SVT - 2000 Prototype updated by Roush

StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 10:43 PM   #4
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

Dudes, I agree with Dan. When I post my videos, and then download them through my Satellite connection, the speed is just fantastic. I actually post with 2 or sometimes 3 windows open to get more done at the sametime. hehehe
Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2001, 03:14 AM   #5
StangFlyer
Founder

Lizard, who do you use for your satellite board band service?

------------------
Dan McClain, Editor
The Mustang Works Magazine
1991 Mustang GT - NOVI Supercharged 377 Stroker
1999 Ford Lightning SVT - 2000 Prototype updated by Roush

StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote