MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-13-2001, 12:10 PM   #1
Z28EATR
Registered Member

Post Cop just looks and leaves!!!!! WOW!!!

I got on a long stretch of road i didnt know it at the time cause it was late and the road wasnt lighted very well, so im in third and i put it to the wood, shift into fourth and blast to about 5 grand, i let off and the car behind me was way back there, next thing in know this car starts hauling *** and gets on my bumper, im like WTF!?! Well i hit a red light and i see him put on his blinker so i decided to go straight, as he pulls up beside me i about SH!T my drawers because it was the sheriff's department. He just looked at me and went on. Im still kinda quirky about the whole thing because i work a the courthouse and he must have known it was me. I learned me lesson, KEEP IT MATTED!!!!! hehehe

------------------
88 LX 5.0 Ragtop
"Desire"
14.29 @ 96.45 mph
Mod Specs
Z28EATR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2001, 12:57 PM   #2
13sec95vert
Registered Member

Red face

about 3 months ago i was pushin about 115 on a straight as an arrow road by my house. the problem is the speed limit was 35. just my luck my radar goes crazy and one second later i fly by a sherrif. he was parked on a cross road clocking people as they went by.
by the time he pulled out and threw on his lights i was about half a mile down the road doin 125. im thinkin that im gonna lose my car and go to jail. so i slammed on the brakes and turned into a neighborhood make a couple of turns and leave out a different entrance. i didnt see the cop anywhere so i went to my house and parked my car in my garage.

------------------
1995 gt convertible:
3.55 gears, underdrive pulleys, cobra intake , fenderwell cold air, 65mm throttle body, 75mm mass air meter, off-road h pipe, borla cat back, custom diablo chip, 155lph fuel pump rpms, yokohama a520(drag radials) 275s
13sec95vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2001, 08:31 PM   #3
rbatson

Talking

HAHAhaha.. "cruising in my 5.0, cruising.."
Old 05-13-2001, 10:31 PM   #4
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Red face

I ran from a sheriff once before. TC in his 99 GT aniv ed, R in his 01 GT, Erik in his 67 Dragster 390 Fairlane, and me in my 2000 Gt were all heading down this country road, flying, well into the 100 mile per hour mark. We passed by several cars going the other way, when I noticed one of them was Silver. About 10 seconds, and a lot of distance later, I saw the car in my rear view do a U-turn and I saw BLue light.

I nailed it and didnt look down at the speedo. We flew like hell to Tims house and parked them. His nieghborhood is on the county line. I lost sight of the cop when I went around a series of big sweeping curves. He had no hope of catching up.

Another TIme I was riding shotgun in the Fairlane and Eric was racing a 98 GT (It wasnt much of a race, that Fairlane is just BAD) The front end us skyward, exhaust just screaming, doing about a 110+. I looked up from the speedo and saw a cop with headint the other direction. The nose of his car dove down and he hit the lights. ERic kept it to the floor and turned off and parked behind a church. About 45-60 seconds later we watched him fly by like a bat out of hell Lights and Siren and all. That was a pulse pounding minute.

Then there was a time I took a corner side ways while racing a red 94 cobra and a white 94 cobra, right infront of a sheriff. there were a total of 5 cars racing. 3 red STANGS, 1 white one, and one very loud, very bad, bigblock Fairlane.

[This message has been edited by Mercury (edited 05-13-2001).]
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 09:25 AM   #5
Capri306

ROTFLMAO @ rbatson!!!!

------------------
Capri306, Moderator, The Mustang Works Online
1979 Mercury Capri, 5.0L -- C4 -- 2.73
1987 Mustang LX Notch
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 11:16 AM   #6
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Thumbs up

I raced some guy on the highway once, he came flyin up to the left hand side of me and started to pass and I said nooo way, and put it into third and took off! He got behind me (probably running plates) and then I got off my exit and saw that it was a state trooper in one of the mustangs!! I almost died!!!!!! LOL I got it up to about 100 and let off. I couldn't believe he let me go!

------------------
Joe!
1988 GT, 167,000 miles!!! 13.71@105mph Check out my listing! Click here! Or my website:
www.joe4speed.com
1999 Ninja ZX-6R 10.32@135mph!
1993 Olds Eighty Eight LSS

joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 01:48 PM   #7
SmokeyDP
Registered Member

I was crusing down the highway at about 120, when I saw a cop in my rear view on the left side of the road parked on the other side of the underpass. No one was going over 80, but me. I was watching as he tried to pull onto the highway, but with everyone slowing down he got stuck behind like 15 cars. I went over about 4 lanes and took an exit and went into a gas station to get gas. Never saw him again

------------------
1992 GT 5.0L Convertible
BBK Shorties, Flowmasters, Super Chip, Mass Air, Under Drive Pullies, Hurst Shifter, Duck Tape
AIM: SmokeyDP
SmokeyDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 02:21 PM   #8
inferno
The Instigator

I was on trying to goad this Caprice into racing one day and he would get on and off of it but wouldn't keep in it. All of a sudden he just backs completely off. I look in my rear view and see another set of Caprice headlights. At this point I was doing at least 95. The cop pulls up next to me and matches my pace. I just let off the gas and he still matches me until I get back to the speed limit and then took off....my car would have been taken and I would have lost my license for a year!!!!!

------------------
90 Honda CRX aka Project Mongoose
Estimated Completion: 7/1/01
453 horses with a stock head...built head and LSD on the way

84 Toyota Supra
High flow cat, two chamber flowmaster, custom 2.5" piping, msd 8.5mm wires. Will have boost before 2002.
Have HKS turbo manifold for it.....T04e next week

inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 02:23 PM   #9
inferno
The Instigator

Not to mention the fact that I would have went to jail......

------------------
90 Honda CRX aka Project Mongoose
Estimated Completion: 7/1/01
453 horses with a stock head...built head and LSD on the way

84 Toyota Supra
High flow cat, two chamber flowmaster, custom 2.5" piping, msd 8.5mm wires. Will have boost before 2002.
Have HKS turbo manifold for it.....T04e next week

inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2001, 08:04 AM   #10
camaroboy
Registered Member

Lol. Funny *** stories. The cops always stop me & always ticket my *** . 2 days ago, i got a TICKET (not a warning) for having no front plate. I told the officer the front plate along with my bracket had been ripped out of the bumper. I also showed him the broken mounting holes on my front bumper. He said "here ya go". Anyways, Z28EATR, come get some

------------------

'81 Z-28, 383 Stroker, 11.5:1, Dart Sportsman Angle Plug heads, Weiand Team G, Holley 750 dbl pump, Comp XE-284H, TCI glide w/ 3500 stall, 4:10 posi, B&M Megashifter, MT Indy Profile S/S, and nothin left for the gas tank
camaroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2001, 11:46 AM   #11
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Wink

Going to jail sucks!
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 09:27 AM   #12
SmokeyDP
Registered Member

What is the rule on high speed chases in your states? I know in NJ the cops are not allowed to chase a motorcycle and If a car goes by at like 120+ on the highway they wont chase it, but will radio ahead.

Not trying to beat the system here, but just curious

------------------
1992 GT 5.0L Convertible
BBK Shorties, Flowmasters, Super Chip, Mass Air, Under Drive Pullies, Hurst Shifter, Duck Tape
AIM: SmokeyDP
SmokeyDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 11:46 AM   #13
fastang
Registered Member

Back when I was in high school a few years ago, I was smokin a bowl with my friend in his 89LX when a cop drove right by, looked at us and just kept on driving!
A few months ago I was lined up with an LS1 at the Street races when the cops started coming from the direction, towards us. I boned the hell out, drifted about 4 turns with the cops on my *** and never went back again. I considered myself lucky.

------------------
95GT B303 cam, 1.7 rockers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, milled heads, 355's K&N, BBK Longtubes, Flowmaster cat back, pulleys, msd coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote