MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-16-2001, 09:33 AM   #1
SmokeyDP
Registered Member

Post Venting.....

Ok what really pisses me off is when im driving down the highway with the top down and I get stuck behind one of those big *** dump trunks spewing black smoke that is making me choke and there are rocks flying off the back of it. One hit me in the head somehow! I just got a damn chip on the center of my hood about a foot above the pony in the grill the size of pencil eraser through all the layers of paint, and another one about a foot to the right. WTF...I guess I am just going to have to look at the chip until I decide to repaint the whole car.

PS, check out my new sig...

------------------
1992 GT 5.0L Convertible
BBK Shorties, Flowmasters, Super Chip, Mass Air, Under Drive Pullies, Hurst Shifter, Duck Tape, Big chip on hood
AIM: SmokeyDP

[This message has been edited by SmokeyDP (edited 05-16-2001).]
SmokeyDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 10:20 AM   #2
LizardQueen
Registered Member

Smokey, you should have noticed what company it was. You could make them pay to repaint your hood. It's not cool that you should be hit by debris. It's also really unsafe. You could have gotten knocked out and caused a wicked accident. If you remember who it was, call them up and complain. You car shouldn't have to suffer for an other idiot's mistake.

------------------
Genn
Borrowing Mustang GT 2000 but still pulled a 14.4
The evil wife of Lizard King
LizardQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 11:18 AM   #3
GaryDawg
Registered Member

In a lot of states it is illegal for (large) trucks that haul dirt, rocks, ect. to not have a bed cover over it to protect the drivers behind them. I would have definitely gotten as much information on the truck as possible and then contact the company and threaten a law suit. Road debris is one thing but careless hauling of materials is another... Good luck.

------------------
My '98 Vegas Pony

'98 Rio Red Clearcoat Convertible GT
Full black leather
K&N Filter
Kenny Brown Extreme Matrix Kit with Super Subs

GaryDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 01:14 PM   #4
Capri306

Oh man, I bet even a LeBra or hood protector wouldn't have stopped rocks from hitting you that high. I just put that on my 'notch yesterday, and it managed to stop a rock flying from somebody's tire hitting my hood. On my notch it really doesn't matter much since I'm stripping & repainting next month (bye-bye acrylic yellow, hello smoke!).

I'd seriously try to find out what company the truck was from. See if you can confront them out of court if possible, and just get an estimate and bring it to them. Don't even mention that you're repainting the whole car, just get the money and run.

------------------
Capri306, Moderator, The Mustang Works Online
1979 Mercury Capri, 5.0L -- C4 -- 2.73
1987 Mustang LX Notch
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 01:21 PM   #5
SmokeyDP
Registered Member

I think the truck is long gone. All those constuction trucks look the same except for the lettering on the door and plate numbers. This happened on a highway I take to work (I-78) and there is always lots of trucks on it in the morning.

On a side note, I was driving back to work about an hour ago from my lunch break when I was behind a 87-93 cougar and he was behind some kind of constuction truck with all the crap on the back(shovels, cones...etc). About 12 cones fell off into the road and the guy almost lost control. I helped the guy move the cones and he went over the truck. He got it to pull over a couple blocks later and the spanish guy driving couldn't even speak english. He got his plate number and employer phone number so hopefully if there is anything wrong with his car he has better luck that me.

------------------
1992 GT 5.0L Convertible
BBK Shorties, Flowmasters, Super Chip, Mass Air, Under Drive Pullies, Hurst Shifter, Duck Tape
AIM: SmokeyDP
SmokeyDP is offline   Reply With Quote